DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ummm..... Nuthin.......

Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Hi Nate. Have a good evening. Time to watch my cowboys get beat.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Raleigh234
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw some saddd stuff yesterday. Went to play paintball, and to carry players to the fields, they had an old 94 F-350 towing a flat bed through the mud. The exterior was ok with the exception of a cracked windshield, but I snuck a look underneath it, and EVERYTHING was rusted out and mud covered.

Out on the field, they had a 97 F-350 (exact same as mine, only white) in the brush. I thought about buying it off of them, to use the parts for later. upon closer inspection, it had been shot up using a REAL gun, and not a whole lot would've been salvageable...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
My ears have been burning. What's been going on down here?
nothing at all.

please move along, there is nothing to see here.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Awitte58
Postmaster
lol Pretty funny there Tayln!

I dont go much into the SD forum except around RRE time. If there isnt any threads that spark my interest. I read through peoples installs/write ups for things I want to do... and then sigh when I look at the ol' spend account and can't afford to do half of it. lol

I WILL be going next year! For sure! I decided im not purchasing Country Thunder Tickets early on.. so I wont need to try and sell them in case the dates fall on the same weekend. I got a savings acc set aside for RRE specifically! hoping this year some buddies will wanna come along to split bill and that fuel prices will drop. HAH!

Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Awitte58
lol Pretty funny there Tayln!

I dont go much into the SD forum except around RRE time. If there isnt any threads that spark my interest. I read through peoples installs/write ups for things I want to do... and then sigh when I look at the ol' spend account and can't afford to do half of it. lol

I WILL be going next year! For sure! I decided im not purchasing Country Thunder Tickets early on.. so I wont need to try and sell them in case the dates fall on the same weekend. I got a savings acc set aside for RRE specifically! hoping this year some buddies will wanna come along to split bill and that fuel prices will drop. HAH!
It's a good time.

Lots of cliques though, which is a downside, but that is to be expected. I hung out with Neal's brother this year. He was fun to hang out with.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
Old 10-02-2012, 06:51 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by Talyn
By the By, we all should start repping the hell out of each other like they do up in the SD forum.
Guys with 200 posts who have more rep than some of the oldest members on the site.
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but anyone who posts in a thread that I author automatically earns me trying to rep them. I can't promise that I'll be successful, but I can promise an attempt. A lot of times, though, it's the same group of people who help me every time, so I'm not successful very often.

Edit: Just to clear something up, I meant that I'm not successful in contributing to people's reputation count. I'm always successful in repairing my truck when you guys help.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Yeah it seems in this forum the guys who are around and diagnose actual issues with these trucks (not the typical....do my tires fit...what kind of lift... etc etc threads) are the same group. Not that I mind having those other threads around! New folks gotta start somewhere!
I look back at some of the first threads i was a part of... i laugh a bit. lmao
Back when I "posted before thinking" so to speak.

I dont know as much so im usually just there for commentary and to learn, but you're right joe its the same crowd often times.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
I heard that tag line somewhere else yesterday too. Interesting story. It seems those big stinky trucks aren't as dirty as some people like to think they are.

Now if they would just use that same measure to gauge the pollution from a modern coal fired power plant....

Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They need to measure the level of pollution in my farts after I eat a couple Big Macs!...WHOOOO WEEEE! I bet they'd leave the diesel trucks alone then!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Environmental regulations were never about clean air. They are about control.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
DarkStarMedia
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckHammer
Environmental regulations were never about clean air. They are about control.
I disagree.... let me correct that for you...

"Environmental regulations were almost never about clean air. They are usually about control"

Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. I would say that most of the people who support increased environmental regulations are doing it for the right reasons. They want clean surroundings that are free from pollution, and I can definitely understand that. However, the people that are responsible for the regulations are doing it, as far as I can tell, for the wrong reasons. If you need evidence, look at how crooked the proposed "Cap and Trade" regulations are. Look at who is proposing the legislation, and then at who stands to lose, and who stands to profit from it.

Edit: It goes deeper than that, but it's not really suitable material, in my opinion, for an automotive board.

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread