Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Next Generation F-150. (What would you like to see?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Next Generation F-150. (What would you like to see?)

I figure the 2009+ fourms is as good a place as any to post this.

This is just a for fun thing, I thought about. Today I was thinking about trucks and all, and I started wondering what the next Gen F-150's would look and perform like. And then I thought well...I wonder what every one else thinks? So anyway here it is.

I hear Ford is considering using Aluminum and Magnisum components to lighten the next truck by as much as 1,000lbs. As of 2011 Ford introduced 4 new engines, each of them more powerful and more ecomical than the engine it replace's. If Ford actually shave's that much weight off the F-150 those pesky C.A.F.E standerds may not be that hard to hit after all.

But anyway, What are your thoughts on the subject?
What would you like to see in the next gen F-150?

Also, What do NOT want them to do? Is there something you are afraid they may change that would mess what the F-150 is up? If so post about it!

Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You wonder what Ford might change in it. As far as what would be good is like the boxes in the bed side like Ram has. An maybe put like some more places to put stuff in the cab like a stow an go type thing.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
curtw48
Senior User
I want to see the 6.2L engine available in the Supercrew with the 6.5' bed. ALso make more of the options not tied to packages.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 AM
powerstroke92
Cross-Country
id like to see the 6.2L available in the xlt package

Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
I'd like to see it go on a diet.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
would like to see the 6.2 and EB a option on ANY f-150. from a Reg cab, 2wd short bed to anything else. lightning anyone?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 AM
OKLAHOMAF100
Senior User
One-touch down and UP on all 4 windows from the drivers switch panel...

Brandon

Old 03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Bryanox
Freshman User
30 mpg

Old 03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Eric Landstrom
Senior User
Originally Posted by 640 CI Aluminum FORD
I figure the 2009+ fourms is as good a place as any to post this.

This is just a for fun thing, I thought about. Today I was thinking about trucks and all, and I started wondering what the next Gen F-150's would look and perform like. And then I thought well...I wonder what every one else thinks? So anyway here it is.

I hear Ford is considering using Aluminum and Magnisum components to lighten the next truck by as much as 1,000lbs. As of 2011 Ford introduced 4 new engines, each of them more powerful and more ecomical than the engine it replace's. If Ford actually shave's that much weight off the F-150 those pesky C.A.F.E standerds may not be that hard to hit after all.

But anyway, What are your thoughts on the subject?
What would you like to see in the next gen F-150?

Also, What do NOT want them to do? Is there something you are afraid they may change that would mess what the F-150 is up? If so post about it!
I'd like to see the power folding running board on Lariats.

I'd like to see less busy interior colors on the Platinum. I'm skipping buying a Platinum for a Lariat because the interior color schemes are not only ugly but busy (and I'm not happy about the busy interior color schemes on the Lariats either). Look at your 2008 Lariats interior color schemes for inspiration.

I'd like to see 18" wheels available on the Platinum. We have frost-heaved roads and potholes deep enough to bend wheels here. Work with us.

I'd like to see the storage space in the fold-down arm rest in the bench seat be at least as big as the prior 04-08 version of the F150. Why is it smaller now? What were you thinking?

I'd like to see the armrest raised in relationship to the seat by 1/2"

I'd like to see a backup camera that isn't fuzzy and is predictive (meaning that the lines move with the steering wheel) and with a center line. The current fuztastic backup camera sucks. Why?

While we're at it, add a front camera option to the premium line. Ford, go drive an Infinity for inspiration.

In rural Minnesota night driving while avoiding critters can sometimes take on a surreal video game aspect. As a result of my "see and swerve" ideal, adding optional Xenon HID lights to the XLT, FX, and Lariat lines would be welcome.

I'd like to see power memory tilt added as an option from the Platinum to the Lariat.

I'd like to see larger size fuel tanks available on all trims and with all engines. The best feature of the truck is big fuel tanks.

I'd like to see a 3.55 e-locker differential made available without the off-road package and available without popping into 4 wheel drive as well as an option for an e-locker front differential. I'd like to think that my F150 can make it though a muddy field as well as a Range Rover but it never will without locking differentials. Be the first to market locking front and rear differentials, Ford.

I'd like to see a diesel option in the half ton not because I need more torque but because I want more economy without sacrificing torque.

I'd like to see the Navigation system and any other radios work well with Apple's products. Apple has something like 80% market share and is still expanding their market share. Stop designing for marginal product markets and begin catering first to the dominant market.

I'd like to see the Navigation system made available on the XLT trim.

It gets cold in Minnesota so keep all controls that matter like environmental controls as real buttons that work with gloves on and not as touch screens that do not work with gloves on as you did in your new Explorer and Edge.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Power Kid
Elder User
- Larger fuel tank with EB!!!! No brainer.
- Driver side A pillar grab handle
- A real armrest on buckets... Like my '98. Or raise the center console.
- A recline funtion @ ear crew seats. Lots of room, still lacking enough comfort. Even cheap rear Escape seats recline for years now...
- 4wd **** that lights up
- Hydraulic/liquid fillied body mounts.
- 6.2L available in more trim levels. (FX4 for starters)
- Enhance the 6.2L with 4v heads.
- Ultimate dream scenario: EB 6.2L (heck I'd take a EB of any size if it was a V8 so I could enjoy the new kick azz V8 sound)
- 5.0L available with max tow pkg
- Smoked tails with no clear edge that looks white.
- LED 3rd brake light (Raptor) and LED tails at least optional.
- NO GOOFY LED DRLs like the new edge..
- New mount for front License plate on EB trucks thats not off center.
- Tilt/Telescoping wheel that tilts higher than '11s.
- High end stereo where sub doesn't cut out at higher volumes.
- Trailer wiring plugs mounted higher, not below and in from bumper edge.
- Neutral setting on 4wd models.
- E-locker that can be engaged while in 2wd (Raptor)
- Make power folding TT mirrors an option for max tow trucks.
- Would like to see a bump in GAWRs.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Two speed rear end with a couple of options. 3.15 and 4.30 would be nice. Actually I'd like to see this across the entire truck line. Make the front diff the lower of the two ratios. Also an option for airbags in the rear that self level and dump for lower bed height.

Mike

Old 03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
StreetsideStig
Freshman User
Originally Posted by excaliber551
I'd like to see it go on a diet.
Agreed. I think it's fine outside, but inside I feel like the plastic is swelling more and more with every generation. I miss the days of the cavernous, wide-open cabins. The interior on alot of these new trucks (and cars) is suffocating. I guess it's okay now, because the F150 is such a big truck, but any more plastic and I won't have room for both of my knees.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
OK, here I go:

Trash all engines and have a complete ecoboost engine line-up
Continue to tweak the 6 speed tranny
E-locker available on 4x2 models
Front winch option on FX4 or offroad packages
A-pillar grab handle
More interior color options
Better front inner fenders for engine bay protection
Continue to strengthen and lighten the trucks
Cab clearance lights option
Sat radio standard
Rear window defroster standard
Slightly larger Scab
7700 lb package available on Screw and Scab models with 6.5' bed.
Expand the XLT custom package

Don't add any more trim levels.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
To be all honest I am going to order a 2011 FX4 Extended cab this summer. I'm opting for the 5.0L V8. But if Ford offered the 6.2L in it, I don't know if I could resist the temptation of having 411 angry horses under the hood. Not to say the 5.0L wont cut it. I test drove a 5.0L and WOW what an engine!! And without a doubt the 5.0L will get much better mileage than the big 6.2L. But big V8's always do have that allure.

So I too would like to see the 6.2L available on more trim lines. Personally I think it should at least be avaible on the XLT, FX4 and FX2. I would also like to see the 6.2L go from a 2v SOHC to 4v DOHC like the 5.0L, Maybe add Direct Injection to all engines that don't already have it. I also agree with the commenter who said they would like to see an Ecoboosted 5.0L and 6.2L become an option. I too would be much more inclined to opt Ecboost if I could get it with that sweet V8 rumble.

A small V6 or V8 diesel option would be a nice addition to the new engine family, And IF they ever do get around to putting a Diesel in the F-150 it would need to be offered in ALL trim levels. From XL all the way to Platinum.

The diet seems to be the most concrete rumor I've heard of. I think that these trucks losing weight would be just fine as long as it didn't hinder any of the stabilty or saftey when towing. And personally I don't Ford or any other manufacture needs to worry about raising the 1/2 ton towing bar any higher...11,300lbs is in all truth excessive for any 1/2 ton. Instead of raising the bar now they need to focus on making these trucks tow what their already rated at...More comfortably.

Another thing I would like to see, is a optional (Front Locker) on 4x4 models. (Standered) on FX4 and Raptors.

The Raptor is awesome and I think its great that someone at Ford greenlighted the Raptor for production. But I would like to see a couple more specialty trucks. For example, I would like to see a Ford Lightning (Like) truck. Perhaps take a Regular cab short bed 2WD XL or XLT and stuff a supercharged 5.0L or 6.2L in it with a stout 3:73 or 4:10 rear end. Lower its stance some, take the speed govener off of it and give it some grippy street tires and stonger brakes and boom! You've got a modern day Lightning.

I would also like to see, (And I think this would be more of a Superduty application) But I would like to see Ford make a truck that competes directly with the Dodge Power Wagon. A tall 4WD with front and rear lockers and maybe a 4:10 or 4:88 gear set.

I'm sure I could think of other things I would like to see done.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 PM
WV-150
Junior User
I would like to see them shrink back to the size of the 80s and 90s.They are getting too big.

Quick Reply: Next Generation F-150. (What would you like to see?)