Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Good Morning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
This is the first and maybe last. I would not turn down another trip if they asked me to go. Pays the same as Afghan and alot better living conditions.

The Army is cutting out R&R leave for any deployments less than 12 months. So any other deployment after this is all in country.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can remember as a Teenager hanging out at the Varsity was too cool. There was a 70 something 1 armed Security Guard who called us all "Shark Bait". I watched him wade into 5 healthy Teenaged trouble makers one night and whipped all of them with that one arm. The brighter of us never gave him any trouble EVER.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
News flash: Ford to use all electric pace car.

Ford to use all-electric car as NASCAR pace car - Yahoo! Sports

Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 AM
82f100460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ChiefM
News flash: Ford to use all electric pace car.

Ford to use all-electric car as NASCAR pace car - Yahoo! Sports

yeah I saw that on ESPN yesterday. Got mixed feelings about that. I love and agree with always moving forward with technology and I think the electric vehicles will eventually have enough technology to allow them to be useful and feasable in everyday life.

But to put it in as the pace car at a NASCAR event...I think it 100% marketing and has no business pacing 43 900hp race cars. One of the biggest reasons I've stopped watching NASCAR is becuase it has become way too commercial. Plus all the rediculous rules they now have that were intended to "make the playing field level". That's why you have teams like Jimmy Johnson winning 4 years in a row right? The little guy who just knows how to make a car run fast just don't stand a chance if you don't have the big sponsors backing you and buying all the right technology.

Now their Fuel Injected!!! What?? Guess I'm just a little too old school.

Still love to go to the race...but can't stomach watching them on TV or really following it anymore.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The race is the highlight of my week, except for night races, they come on at 2 am European time. Too late for this guy. Technology has come a long way the last 20 years.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:14 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Jimmy Johnson actually won 5 in a row, but other than him who is counting . I am also a dinosaur on the Electric Vehicle thing so Mr. 82 I understand where you are coming from. For years I have remained firm with my Forklifts only buying LP powered units, because the Battery Ops are so ineffective in & not Green Energy. Until last year I had no intentions to ever change. I just completed some research on "new Technology" (used in Europe for years) of Fuel Cell Battery Op Lifts that are recharged with Liquid Hydrogen. These bad boys let a lift run for 9 hours at 100% power. The recharge time 90 seconds. No lead acid, no battery cranes, no floors turned into a Haz Mat area from spills. Now we are getting somewhere. These fuel cells may end up powering Sprint cups years, couldn't be any worse than this crappy Moonshine we run our vehicles on now.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:32 PM
82f100460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by koolchange
Jimmy Johnson actually won 5 in a row, but other than him who is counting .
There ya go....tells you how much I've been paying attention I'm pretty sure I knew that. Was alway a Rusty fan myself. Was just glad he got out before he made himself look silly out there like DW did his last couple years. I remember going down to the track and we'd all have a pool going to see just how many laps it would take before ole' DW was a lap down...was usually within 20.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:28 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good Morning Georgia !!!!
Did my PT this morning, getting some stuff done for a drivers training class next week and cleaning the office cause we have a visitor coming tomorrow. Raining again, imagine that.

I have been to a few Braves games when I was in the Atlanta area, It was cool. I can't stand the traffic.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:24 AM
82f100460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Good Morning Georgia !!!!
Did my PT this morning, getting some stuff done for a drivers training class next week and cleaning the office cause we have a visitor coming tomorrow. Raining again, imagine that.

I have been to a few Braves games when I was in the Atlanta area, It was cool. I can't stand the traffic.

Well they continued their good streak again last night my whoopin the D-Backs 10-2!!! Go BRAVES!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good Morning everyone. It's going to be a Fantastic Friday.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:57 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Happy Friday Truck Fans, Drizzle in the morning and 75 degrees in the afternoon. My Temp Administrative Assistant came in Early (off the clock) to sweep, dust, mop, and clean the Shipping office. Quite impressive, and she does not know it, but she just got a quarter per hour raise. I love initiative.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Good Magnificent Monday people.

I worked the new Husqvarna gas trimmer for about 8 hours on Saturday and another 8 hours on Sunday doing weed trimming in the woods around my house. I'll say it was 2 days of a very good workout. It performed very well and so far I have no complaints with it's performance. My only suggestion is that it should have a shoulder strap and a J-type handle. I accomplished 2 weekends worth of work in only 2 days, the only down time was rewinding the cord and filling the fuel. Oh yeah, and my few breaks. I worked it as hard as any commercial contractor would and I am very pleased with it's performance. So far, I would highly recommend this unit to anyone that has at least an acre and needs a light commercial weed whacker.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Good Morning Georgia,
Mr. Grubb: Glad to hear your new toys did everything a fella could ask. I had an Echo that did not come with a shoulder Strap so I took one off of an old piece of luggage, and that worked fabulous.

Getting ready to head to Grand Rapids Michigan to close up my locations up there. 2 year contract came to an end the hardest part will be to say goodbye to my excellent team Wednesday morning . I was able to find them all good positions with other companies though .

I also played in my Yard all day yesterday. My 2nd favorite Zen activity. I thinned another 5 gallons of Peaches off 8 trees. I have 7 trees left and the peaches are beautiful.

I hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by koolchange
Good Morning Georgia,
Mr. Grubb: Glad to hear your new toys did everything a fella could ask. I had an Echo that did not come with a shoulder Strap so I took one off of an old piece of luggage, and that worked fabulous.

Yeah, I robbed the shoulder strap/attachment and J-type handle off of my old Troy-Bilt about halfway through Sunday, once I had decided the Husqvarna was worth keeping. I used it another four hours with them installed, well worth the upgrade.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Sure is easier on the Back with a strap.

So I get back from the telephone store dealing with Customer No Service A T&T, only to find that my Hooker Headers have arrived.

Quick Reply: Good Morning!!!