Why is the Ranchero & the Econline in the same forum

Old 09-12-2013, 11:03 PM
scoobyvanjack
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Falcon vs Econoline, some tid-bit I read about falcon "cars" was that it was Fords response to the VW line up. This may be bunk (not on a ford document) but it went on to say the falcon bus was classified as a passenger vehicle rather than a truck for marketing. Seems possible but again just 'cause it's in print don't make it so. one of the more versed members might sound in on this,

Old 09-13-2013, 07:47 PM
EmilBarnabas
More Turbo
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by scoobyvanjack
Falcon vs Econoline, some tid-bit I read about falcon "cars" was that it was Fords response to the VW line up. This may be bunk (not on a ford document) but it went on to say the falcon bus was classified as a passenger vehicle rather than a truck for marketing. Seems possible but again just 'cause it's in print don't make it so. one of the more versed members might sound in on this,
A passenger van could be registered as a car. Cargo van registration typically cost more per year than a car.

Not all Econoline passenger vans were Falcons.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:56 PM
scoobyvanjack
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
passenger van vs. cargo van

that's true, i would guess the marketing of the econline club cab would be similar to falcon station bus. though i don't know if they were originally tagged as a car. I think the article was talking about the falcon car line vs. the vw line. it was more a ponder if they had any thought to the van compairison or if it just evolved from the early cargo vans as an after thought. i don't know when the first club cabs came out.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Steve Noland
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The passenger van and cargo or regular vans as well as the pick up were all available from the beginning in 61.

The Dagenham was also available in the 64 Econoline. I have a 64 Econoline 8 door, 170 l6, dagenham 4speed, 9" rear with 4:57 positrac. Special ordered onGov DSO 83.

Glad I found you guys here. I do most of my Van Q&A at vintage-Vans and just happened to join FTE for help with my F250.

Later,
Steve in AR
aka RipVanArkie