S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

SMOG regs - send an email & fight for change!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:10 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754
When we do away with the "visual" inspection BS and test a car based on what comes out of the tailpipe for that year vehicle only is when I will agree with it.
That's the thing that bugs me...it should be about what comes out of the tailpipe, not what equipment is installed.

You bored this morning,<strike> Ray</strike> Skip? Trying to stir up a little trouble?

Old 04-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754
The air is cleaner than 25 years ago - even with what you mention going on. BUT that doesn't mean the bi-annual smog check most cars have isn't a burden on the little guy too.

When we do away with the "visual" inspection BS and test a car based on what comes out of the tailpipe for that year vehicle only is when I will agree with it.

I'm all for clean air, but not the goobernmental BS that comes along with the testing we are doing now.

thats exactly right, lets make it about EMISSIONS testing, it seems more like a money milking plan, and everyones involved in the auto industry / government.

put the wand up the pipe and test the exhaust gases simple as that. dont even need to look under the hood.

we just got rid of emissions testing here in the main city of alaska, and they came in and did a study and said the emissions testing program had nothing to do with the clean air, it was the fact vehicle have cleaning burning engines now then in the 80's, thanks to the fuel injection and controls over the carbbed enging of years past.

Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
You bored this morning,<strike> Ray</strike> Skip? Trying to stir up a little trouble?
Im just sad to see the people of california accepting this, they are getting so stripped of their rights its unbelievable they need to be helped before they lose all human status. between the government overregulation of guns and cars i dont know how the people handle it anymore.

Years ago they passed some law, when my Dad was living in california and he had to give me a bunch of his firearms because they became illegal.

very sad.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:45 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Just some random thoughts;

Yes the air is cleaner today, but that is because of mandated improvement to the cars we buy. NOT because of bi-annual testing.

I disagree that the sniffer is what we should be testing. Cars built in the last decade already have all the onboard "sniffers" necessary. If your car isn't running clean, the onboard diagnostics already knows it. If we must have testing, make it an OBD II/CAN test only. Exempt everything before OBD II.

Airplanes have also been forced to improve to reduce emissions.

Trains have also been forced to improve to reduce emissions.

Reducing VOC paints has probably done more to reduce the smog we see and feel than anything else in the last decade. As much as I hate those paints, the truth cannot be ignored.

Please break up into groups and discuss amongst yourselves.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:00 PM
stRangerXLT
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b-uno
ok when them jumbo jets stop flying out of lax and ontario and san diego, then when the factorys stop pumping out the air polution all over southern california, youll see the difference, right now its just a tax on the small guy.
those got cleaned up as well, you can stop making yourself look silly any time now

paint/cabinet shops et al have to capture/treat VOC's

only 'clean diesel' trucks being allowed in port facilities

docked ships have to use 'shore power'

even the burger joints have to clean their smoke

yes, a tax on the small guy that i've been paying for the allotted time and now ready for it to end. yes burdensome esp. when failed for illegitimate reasons by people who don't know WTF they are doing/talking about...

Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 PM
TexinCali
Senior User
Can't hurt! sending an e-mail i mean. anything to try and convince somebody that regulations are killing us!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 PM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
I'm not falling for the old banana in the tailpipe trick...

Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 AM
punkrockpilot
Senior User
Originally Posted by V10ZILLA
I'm not falling for the old banana in the tailpipe trick...
LOL

Email sent, I would love to not be restricted on what year truck i can get just cause of the smog regs.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:44 AM
hotrodracer
Senior User
Yeah, had to sell a 76 Porsche cause it did not pass 'visual'. Cleanest tail pipe ever checked per the smog dog. Again it's not the tail wagging the dog, it is a flea biting the tail of the dog, thus the tail wagging that gets the attention.

Solution: Lets get rid of the flea bitten Calif house and senate ASAP.

I can't figure out why the liberal Dems keep getting elected, but I suppose it is by the 'take other peoples money and give it to me' crowd of low life's... Nuff for me, I moved to Arizona. No smog check in Havasu, lesser cost vehicle license and insurance, and close to Calif for extended family visits...

Last edited by hotrodracer; 04-20-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: correct punctuation/grammer issue
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
SO agree with you in SO many ways! Man I wish people would wake up & DUMP the idiots representing this state, but the fact is with our vast illegal population & "minority" (no longer a minority in the state!) voters wanting the handouts & amnesty type programs the demoncraps offer them I don't see the change in tide coming any time soon. Even with the broken economy & other BS the people PAYING for all this (hardworking taxpayers) have to put up with.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
After sending my emails to the CA politicians, I got many automated replies. I also just now got this reply, which leads me to believe this is NOT automated, and a real person replied to it. Either the senator or secretary, but either one is better than an automated reply.

Thank you for contacting my office about your concerns regarding SB 1224. I will take your concerns into consideration when I hear this bill on the Senate floor. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me to share your opinions and beliefs.

Thank you again for your correspondence, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (310) 314-5214 or (818) 876-3352 with further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Fran Pavley
State Senator, District 23

Old 04-24-2012, 01:40 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Hmm - more than I got back. I got auto replies within 5 minutes of sending but nothing more since then.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
davewave649
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by A/Ox4
After sending my emails to the CA politicians, I got many automated replies. I also just now got this reply, which leads me to believe this is NOT automated, and a real person replied to it. Either the senator or secretary, but either one is better than an automated reply.

I got the exact same email back. so much for thinking it wasnt an automated email

Old 04-30-2012, 04:27 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Got an update...

This figures with the morons that are currently in charge of our state...
Effort to Exempt Pre-1981 Vehicles Dropped For the Year

Just a reminder to get out there & vote boys & girls. I alone can't kick the morons in office out with my vote alone!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrodracer
Yeah, had to sell a 76 Porsche cause it did not pass 'visual'. Cleanest tail pipe ever checked per the smog dog. Again it's not the tail wagging the dog, it is a flea biting the tail of the dog, thus the tail wagging that gets the attention.

Solution: Lets get rid of the flea bitten Calif house and senate ASAP.

I can't figure out why the liberal Dems keep getting elected, but I suppose it is by the 'take other peoples money and give it to me' crowd of low life's... Nuff for me, I moved to Arizona. No smog check in Havasu, lesser cost vehicle license and insurance, and close to Calif for extended family visits...
What you have to remember is it's a republican (R) out of Riverside calif who wrote & pushed all theis good smog inspection stuff!

Quick Reply: SMOG regs - send an email & fight for change!