6-speed transmission not shifting properly - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

6-speed transmission not shifting properly

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6-speed transmission not shifting properly

Old 03-15-2014, 10:33 AM
wayde
New User
wayde is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just read this entire post, I too have had pretty much everything mentioned happen to my 2012 F250 6.7 too. It's been in the shop 5 times for flashing and the latest time for a valve body replacement. The valve body replacement helped things for a very short period of time and now back to it's same old tricks. I took it back in this week - they said they are changing the torque converter and the front pump. Hoping this resolves the problems..

Old 03-17-2014, 06:10 PM
BRUTUSIII
Junior User
BRUTUSIII is starting off with a positive reputation.
I too have had the selonoids and reflashing done on my '11 at about 20k, now with 45k on it. It has about 15k with pulling about a 12k 5er. Love the truck, but hate the tranny. Most of the time it is just poor shifting, but every now and then it really clunks into a gear hard where I sware it is causing damage to something. Last year on a 2-1 downshift going about 5 mph, it dropped/clunked into 1 so hard the rear wheels chriped. That cant be good with 12k pounds on it. Also the torque converter sometimes breaks loose and lets the engine wind up before really grabbing. Been to the dealer twice since then to report it, but no joy. Hard to reproduce.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:21 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
FordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wayde View Post
...I took it back in this week - they said they are changing the torque converter and the front pump. Hoping this resolves the problems..
Any news on your truck, wayde? If you need me to step in and assist, just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll start my research.

Originally Posted by BRUTUSIII View Post
...Been to the dealer twice since then to report it, but no joy. Hard to reproduce.
Send me your info in a PM as well, BRUTUSIII; I want to look into this further. Be sure to include all the details I listed above.

Crystal

Old 03-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Grizzly4x4
Senior User
Grizzly4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by tuscany View Post
In my 2011 F-250, 6.7, auto....it seems that at certain times went the tranny shifts from 2nd to 3rd and I pause with acceleration, for some reason the tranny seems to go into a slip mode and then slams into 3rd. Now I read about 8 months ago that there was a computer upgrade via Ford. Which they did when I was having some work done on the truck at the dealership......but that didn't help. Just want to see if anyone else has this problem.
I have this same problem... in my 04
lol

All the trucks i've had have had trans problems. I thought Ford got the hang on their transmissions after the E40D/4R100?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
Tom Hoffman is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2011 has had issues shifting from day one. Had engineers come to my work with laptops and say no issues. It is kind of a joke. No one has heard of this issue. Lol. Ford just puts there head in the sand when It comes to these issues

They did change solenoids in the tranny and did not help. They flashed it a few times. Dealer had it for I bet 30-40 days total.

Nope can't find anything wrong lol

Just ordered a 2015 last week

This truck has been almost as bad as my 6.4.

I am afraid to buy another Job1 Heck I think I am on number 15 superduty.