Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Come in, dallas......can you hear me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Come in, dallas......can you hear me?

hello folks, especially the dfw fellas.

i'll be in the DFW area from april 6th to april 8th. if any of y'all need my help, send me an email to snuggyworm@att.net & as much details as you can and i'll swing on by to give you guys an extra hand.

i don't know if i can round up a posse from around the state of texas to give you guys a hand, but for those of you in need, please don't be afraid to come forward and approach all of us for help.

those of us who can help, we will help.

look out dallas. here comes the snuggyworm. with or without a posse, i'll be in dallas come Good Friday.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Well if you don't find anyone to help, you can always bring me some beer.

None of the locals I know were affected. And odds are you could drive through the metromess all weekend and never even know anything happened.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
well, u may be right. still, it wont hurt to have a second glance.

moreover, i'll be headed to Carrollton to see my father-in-law as well.

hahaha. we could probably have a beer or two. then we'll never leave ur front porch! lol.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well Torreador-Diesel just left the Adams manor this morning to head out and about DFW - look for that tall loud Ex !
and guess he's headed back to Houston....

Since he's moderator of the 6.7 forum and on the road, guess we can get away with posting anything now

Have a Great Good Friday and a Happy Easter....
(and take note of why they call it Good Friday - many have forgotten !)

Old 04-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Thanks guys. I'll keep my eyes peeled for him. Lol

Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
well folks, i got back into houston last night. i got a chance to visit my father-in-law in carrollton, and before that, i helped 2 families. they lost their cars and they have a bunch of debris to clear out with no one to help them. it was a random thing too. i asked and they were glad i showed up.

no major anomaly. dallas is back up and running for the most part.

along the way home, i stopped by the side and helped out a chevy tahoe who was towing and there was a little smoke coming out of his tranny. weird. tat dont usually happen to tahoes & suburbans, i thought. well, he was towing a small trailer. he couldnt run anymore. poor fella. i opted to pull him to the nearest repair shop in the next town. it happened right around buffalo area.

poor guy was so upset. i was puzzled cos it doesn't usually happen to tahoes & suburbans. but his tranny was definitely shot. dang.

he was so grateful tat he wanted to pay me but i refused. i told him tat i was just helping out. he actually said, u know, for a kid, ur alright. i was like, me a kid? thank u sir but i'm gonna be 32 in may. he was embarrassed and shocked. but man, u look so young!

nope, i dont feel young anymore. not after a divorce and a kid.......hahahahaha. happy easter y'all!

Old 04-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Mr Bill TX
Freshman User
Hey, glad you could help some people in DFW. I live in Coppell, just west of Carrollton, and a lot of cars near me got totaled. We got $25,000+ in damage between the house and truck. Lost a skylight; garden window; and windshield on truck cracked. I am very grateful that I at least had a roof to worry about replacing shingles on, some people down south weren't so lucky.

Take a look at my album for some pictures from the hailstorm.

I think I'll probably just sell my truck and get something smaller like a newer F-150.

Take care.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
sorry to hear bout wat happened to u, mr. bill. if i had known earlier, i'd have been there to give u a hand at least. thank god tat u still got a roof. yes sir.

i might be headed tat way up towards carrollton again in a couple of weeks or so. i still have to help my father-in-law wif his laptop issues and upgrades. i might try to offer some assistance if anyone else needs it. until then, feel free to drop me a pm if y'all feel the need to.

have a great week ahead, people.