Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

How about this Ohio weather!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 834 Likes on 472 Posts
How about this Ohio weather!

This has been the nicest March ever!

My wife wants her car out of storage, as soon as I get it home we'll get 5 inches of snow!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:22 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Save some for me, for my visit in May.I'll take you and mr4speedford out to eat,ya got any place good to eat back there?What about that place down in Massillon?Or, what about this place:

http://www.sandychanty.com/

Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm waiting for the big snow storm.By the way in Medina there is a Habitit for humanity store that got some neat stuff for sale if your redoing a house or garage woodwork.Used cabnets,doors,windows sinks plumping stuff and lights.Its on Smith rd. off the square.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've been loving it. Been out wearing the tires off my newest aquisition, 2007 Softail Custom. Be riding to work most all week with the forecast I saw last night.

Did fire up ol Blue the other week. Few shots of fuel in the carbs brought it back to life after a short winters nap. Drive is too muddy to take it out yet.

I got a few trees cut down yesterday, will have new gravel brought in so the driveway will be nice and dry.

Life is good!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Will its normal temp today.Not to bad but 80's is nicer for riding.Yard is still to wet to cut although it could use it.Hope you get to ride alot this your Larry and injoy your Soft tail.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do like winter, I cross country ski around the house, downhill ski, take my son sledding etc, but it actually worked out well that it warmed up early because I didnt have enough wood put away to heat the house for the whole normal-length season. Probably have maybe a weeks worth of wood left tops. Infact last night was the first fire we've had in close to a month I think. Got propane but man its expensive to heat with, especially in an old drafty house.

One problem with the warmup is I dont have my seeds started yet for the garden... I'm late even for a normal season and this year I could of already had stuff in the greenhouse growing by now.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

I'm out and using it up as much as I can:

Put over 500 miles on it so far in the last couple weeks. Previous owner put only 700 miles in the year he owned it

Bit too nip this week to ride much(don't have any cold weather riding clothes).

Old 03-28-2012, 12:10 PM
jitterymonkey
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good looking bike. I'm jealous,
still waiting for the reground cam to get mine put back together.

There's a motorcycle swap meet Sunday April 1st. in Tallmadge.
Might find some good deals on riding gear there.
http://www.lets-ride.com/event/ohio.htm

Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Ford swap Columbus April 6,7 thats Friday and Saturday.
http://springswap.com/03-11-11-lr.pdf

Old 03-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Yup, going to swap meet Sunday. Love to get a tuner for it, KN air filter, and who knows what else? Pipes are already gutted, sounds really good. Love to put a set of cams in it someday? Watched a video on Youtube and it looks pretty straightforward job(besides changing cam bearings).

Brian, ya, Columbus is next weekend(already). They messed with dates again this year due to Easter on Sunday. Usually only go on Saturday anyway. If you go, keep an eye out for my UMTR champ coat!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
I seen you at Columbus in the fall you where in talks with someone.I have a fuel pack and k-n air filter.Don't touch your air cleaner with out a tuner pipes are ok.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Yup, looking for which tuner before I go any farther. Was going with DynoJet, but thought about TTS(which I heard is the remake of SERT). Just about $100 more, but with more tunability. If I'm going to get one, might as well get one that will do everything. The Dynojet isn't bad, even one of the simple ones like V&H fuelpak isn't bad for the money. Don't plan on any major upgrades, but who knows?

Air cleaners are STUPID MONEY for these? Jeezus, $400 for some ram air k/n gizmo? I don't think so. I'll likely just get a filter for stock housing for now.

Columbus is always a big BS session with me. Never really go to buy, just walk/talk. Give me a wave next time.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
You need the back bracket with the air filter then use your original front cover.The back cover makes it a open air element the stock back hardly lets in any air thou you could drill a bunch of holes in the stock one.Summit sells some air cleanersFor there tuner my buddy has the vance and hines there good.I went with the fuel pack you just download new progams when you change stuff like exaust,air cleaner and cams.If you plan on going big bore then Race tuner is what you want.I forgot the brand but there is one that adjusts more for mountain riding to normal elevation.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

That is what I've been reading, it all depends on how much you want to spend NOW for a tuner. Simple versions under $200, then $300, then $400 as the options and controls available open up. Then the $900 version is a self tuning, wide band O2 version!! Ouch.

I'd rather spend more now so that you don't have to buy a better one later. Who knows? My buddy has a simple one on his '03 Deuce(can't recall what it is? was on there when he bought bike). Like a Fuel pak kinda box.

I'll do some looking Sunday at the swap meet, maybe someone will have a new one(in the box) cheap?? Most of the good ones only work on one VIN, so if they are used they are worthless. That I do know.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Well, did the swap meet thing today. Kinda lame(like most I've been too). 1/3 of it was leather stuff/clothes, 1/3 was someones rusty junk, the other 1/3 was decent new parts/stuff.

Nothing I saw I wanted to bring home. Did see a shirt that made me laugh and buddy and I almost brought one home.

Black with big white letters on the back:

HONK if you have never seen a gun fired while riding a bike

LOL!! Just had to laugh. Better then "the beotch fell off" ones.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How about this Ohio weather!