Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

How Do You Use FTE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
How Do You Use FTE?

In my "favorites" list of my browser, I have my "User CP" (control panel) bookmarked, so that's the "page" I use to "enter" FTE. That way, if somebody posts on my profile page I see the notification as soon as I get here. It also allows me to see all the threads that I am currently posting in, or any "old" thread that I was in that someone digs up. Which is pretty good, especially if its a "How To" kind of thread & somebody has a question. I also see the list of latest rep points that somebody has been nice enough to have given me so I can go back & thank them either by PM or posting on their profile page. Then I go out to the forums & start at the top, trying to read all the forums I like to keep up with.

What started me on this was reading about a member who had been getting PMs over a part he was looking to buy/sell & had no idea he was getting responses. Also I've seen folks talk about not being able to keep up with multiple threads, how to change things & "what is this stuff about reputation points somebody said they gave me?"

Just wondered what yall did.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, mine is set up pretty much like yours is, but they say great minds think alike! Lol!

Sent from my galaxy S

Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine too, Only thing is that I use two different computers and only half shows on each computer. dont know why that is? Then when I use my phone it does not show up the same.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 PM
f1504x4driver
Proud Pirate
Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
I dont enter through the user cp but check it first each time I log on.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
One of the things that I use is the "folders" tool in the CP as well. If you click on your "view all subscribed threads" you'll open up a page that has at the top of the list "subscribed threads in folder" box with a drop down menu. Inside that drop down, I've got a bunch of folders of different subjects that I want to keep as references that have to do with my particular generation of truck:

E4OD & related tranny issues.
Front suspension repair & tech
Interior repair & upgrades
Mass-air conversions
Trouble shooting EEC codes
Fuel system & tanks
Steering columns & dash issues...

A place for any informational thread that I might need in the future or want to send or post as a link in another thread when someone has a question & needs info. It saves doing a bunch of searching and sifting a whole lot of non-related info later.

Just create the folders for subjects you need. Then as you read the forums & come across a thread you need, click on the "thread tools" button at the top right of the page of the thread you are reading. Click on it & scroll down to the "subscribe to this thread" button which will open that folder menu & put that thread where you need it.

When you need that info in the future, or a nubie comes along to ask an identical question for the ten thousandth time, you can have that info close at hand. Then you can either use the "quote" function & copy & paste the info in answer or just post a link.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
desperado_18_2000
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a link on my iGoogle page that directs me to the forum index. Either that or I type in the URL myself and go from there.