Sponsored by:

Arctic's 85 Bronco Thread. Ya We Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Encho
Try some WD40, it will probably help and won't hurt.
To clean the lens/ Good idea. Thanks

Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are they lenses for the bronco? If you need new ones i can check my local yard while i'm there. I just need a picture of them to see what to look for. I was going to say some brake cleaner would clean it up good but last time i tried to clean my moms kitchen chair with it after working on my truck annnnnd lets say it ate some of the plastic.... Hehe it wasn't enough to tell anything was wrong but it kind of made the white chair go from shiny white to dull white.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
There's some shots of them on the first page. They aren't bad but a nice set wouldn't hurt if ya see some. Thanks Bud, And look for some front hub caps and the screws to hold them while there if ya would.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ok i'll take a look around, are these the hub caps your looking at? This is what google gave me.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
They be the one to go over the front hubs. Near 80 bucks new.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ya i figured that, they would look like what i posted though or bigger? I saw a price for them when looking at a picture... I hate to mention it but my luck with finding them will be thin cause most of the vehicles have the wheels under the frame supporting it. Hopefully there will be some. If i recall correctly there was an 88 that was on all 4 wheels but i don't know if the caps were there. I will run by tomorrow and see what is there.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
GJ yer pic didn't come through.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
What picture? The picture i was referring to were the chrome ones.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:41 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
I see them now. Yes that is them. They are like gold if ya find any. Bill put the cost of them up in a post a ways back. All I am looking for are the front pair. I'll get new screws and anchors cuz I don't want to lose them. Them and a pair of tail light lens's if real good and a set of locking hubs. But there ain't no yards around here at all. I did find an abandoned Bronc and It seems okay from the property owners to get what I can use. But that stuff is MIA already.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 373 Likes on 283 Posts
You'll need teh adaptor nuts for the spinlde to put locking hubs on, won't be ablet o jsut slap on manual hubs and call it a day. Here's a few other kits that are a bit cheaper. I wasn't able to find jsut the nuts without the hubs.
1980-96 Mile Marker Stainless Supreme Hub Conversion Kit

Manual Hub Conversion Kit, From Auto to Warn Standard

Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 963 Likes on 762 Posts
How are you determining fuel milage? Hopefully you're not using the fuel gauge because that's not going to give you accurate numbers. With 31's back on the truck the odometer should be a lot closer correct so use that to track distance driven over a few tanks of gas and average the results.

Is the exhaust system on this truck stock? If so it needs to go, the stock pellet cat was never very good to begin with and if it's still there after all these years it's almost certainly partially plugged. And also inspect the heat riser valve between the passenger manifold and Y pipe, this is a vacuum controlled butterfly valve that can completely block the exhaust if it becomes stuck in the closed position.. which obviously isn't good for performance or milage. My suggestion would be to completely remove it when upgrading the exhaust system, by the sounds of it you have a 351HO there so there are substantial gains to be had by letting her breath.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by arctic y block
I see them now. Yes that is them. They are like gold if ya find any. Bill put the cost of them up in a post a ways back. All I am looking for are the front pair. I'll get new screws and anchors cuz I don't want to lose them. Them and a pair of tail light lens's if real good and a set of locking hubs. But there ain't no yards around here at all. I did find an abandoned Bronc and It seems okay from the property owners to get what I can use. But that stuff is MIA already.
Ok, i'll see what i can find. As for the manual hubs, thats on you. I wouldn't trust junkyards for parts like that.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:22 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Dylan?

The chances are that at the most they would just need cleaned. If the hubs are FUBARed it would come apart in broken peaces me thinks. But good call. Although if ya see a set that looks good and maybe even turns free I would make it well worth yer while.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Haha ya, i'll see when i get there. Tomorrow if the weather permits i can go, today it would rain for an hour and the sun would come out then 5 minutes later more rain...

Old 04-06-2012, 01:49 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Conanski
How are you determining fuel milage? Hopefully you're not using the fuel gauge because that's not going to give you accurate numbers. With 31's back on the truck the odometer should be a lot closer correct so use that to track distance driven over a few tanks of gas and average the results.

Is the exhaust system on this truck stock? If so it needs to go, the stock pellet cat was never very good to begin with and if it's still there after all these years it's almost certainly partially plugged. And also inspect the heat riser valve between the passenger manifold and Y pipe, this is a vacuum controlled butterfly valve that can completely block the exhaust if it becomes stuck in the closed position.. which obviously isn't good for performance or milage. My suggestion would be to completely remove it when upgrading the exhaust system, by the sounds of it you have a 351HO there so there are substantial gains to be had by letting her breath.

Paul, Thanks for stopping by. I use the odometer a calculator and gallons of gas that I always pump so as to know I get it full. It's the most accurate way I know to figure mileage. The fuel gauge don't work he said sheepishly. I'll be putting the 33's back on this weekend I hope.

The exhaust system is a single set up going into a small muffler that has duel pipes out the back. One in and two out kind of thing. And no Cat. I can flick the heat riser so it seems fine. And It has vacuum to it also. I understand about it needing to breath. What is in the now for belt driven aspiration? Isn't here a belt driven turbine or turbo that is affordable? Would I gain enough at the on again off again the throttle and brakes to save enough fuel to offset the cost? Prolly not. But what kind of power increase would I get at mid range or better? And the Marine engine would be the one to get that. Right?

Quick Reply: Arctic's 85 Bronco Thread. Ya We Need Help