Octane - a real good fuel pricing app - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Octane - a real good fuel pricing app

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-16-2012, 04:23 PM
nlemerise
Postmaster
nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.

I thought I'd do a brief share of a fuel pricing/location app I am currently using (there have been many before this one) called Octane by Wright Express. This app is free and will run on Iphones, Ipads, and Android devices (be sure to download the Android app if you have an Android device).

Here is the app description:

The user can either conduct a radius search (5-30 miles) from their current location or search based on a specific address, city, state or zip code. The fuel prices are date and time stamped based on the actual transaction price which provides the user with the most up-to-date information available.

The Octane fuel site locator is the industry’s first fuel site locator with integrated Text-to-Speech technology allowing the user “hands off” operation by having the directions read aloud to the selected fueling location.

The key features and benefits of the Octane fuel site locator are the following,

- Instantly and easily find fuel locations with pricing.

- Ability to search for alternative fueling locations including Diesel, E85 & CNG.

- Customizable searches based on user preferences.

- Ability to save favorite search criteria to quickly conduct frequent searches.

- Ability to filter on transactions within the last 24 hours to make it easy for users to find locations that are in service during adverse weather or electricity outages.

With my gps on, this app will pick up my current location and give me turn-by-turn mapping/directions (written/mapped with verbal directions, if I choose) to the fuel station of my choice. The price is right (did I say FREE?) and you might find it useful for finding the cheapest fuel sources in a city or town you are unfamiliar with.

A couple of screenshots:

Old 03-16-2012, 05:08 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1
A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Personally I use GasBuddy.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck
duck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant future
I use GasBuddy as well.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:18 PM
joeyd61
Posting Guru
joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.
x3 on Gasbuddy

Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM
frankgh
Junior User
frankgh is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.frankgh is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just installed both. Gasbuddy looks a little slicker and is more up to date and has more local to me stations listed. My 2 cents.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 PM
nlemerise
Postmaster
nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.
Off to load up Gasbuddy...thanks!