1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM
CrewCabLongbox
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer Tow Mirrors

Hey guys, on my 01' I have the crappy paddle style mirrors and I am looking to upgrade. I am quite perturbed at the prices of these things though.... my local junkyard says $125 EACH used. Is this normal? Is there a place online which is cheaper?

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Old 03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
CrewCabLongbox
Senior User
AWESOME! Finally some reasonable prices!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM
CrewCabLongbox
Senior User
Or not.... look at the shipping rates to Canada. Next!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
$125 each is pretty standard for oem.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
CrewCabLongbox
Senior User
I don't know, it just seems that for mirrors the price is pretty jacked up. I would have thought $150 for both... the woes of a large truck. May have to bite the bullet in that case, thanks for the info.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:53 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You have an XL, do you have power mirrors? If not, the manual tow mirrors are cheap.

If you think those mirrors are spendy, don't even look at the '08+ style

Old 03-20-2012, 01:04 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Yeah, that's actually right on par for the prices. Have you looked at the '08+ mirrors. You think the ones you're looking at are high...you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Oh yeah...what cartmanea said!

Old 03-20-2012, 01:23 PM
63 Coupe
New User
Originally Posted by CrewCabLongbox
Or not.... look at the shipping rates to Canada. Next!
Where in Canada are you? I am a little under an hour from Niagara Falls so I have anything that can't or won't be shipped USPS to me sent to a mailbox service in Niagara Falls NY. They are about 5 minutes from the Rainbow Bridge. I take the wife to the Falls for dinner which makes me a hero, pick up the parcel in NY, and cross back in. I declare what it is so I do have to pay the dreaded HST for the Feds and Queens Park but I have saved a bundle doing this. It also keeps me from having a little X beside my name whenever I cross the border. Anything shipped from the U.S. to Canada by UPS, FEDEX, etc. will have outrageous brokerage fees added on.

Here is a link to the mailbox service I use.

SGS Can-Am Mailboxes -- Shipping, Receiving and Suites to Establish a U. S. Mailing Address

Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
MauleOne
Elder User
Mirrors

Yeah, I got rid of the little mirrors and went to the manual tow mirrors on my 99.

I would have bought the power mirrors but could not afford them.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
CrewCabLongbox
Senior User
I live in New Brunswick, on the east coast so that plan is a bust. I wonder why ford even bothered with the other style of mirrior though? That know the trucks will be used for towing.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:13 PM
modem.over
4wd Low
I got a pair on ebay, new but off brand. fit perfect. 100$ for the pair after shipping.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Seems to me that if you shop around online, you will find the same product at a fair price. Maybe even eBay from a CA seller.

But regardless, do you know why they cost so much? Because they are worth it!

Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I could not imagine driving with the small paddle mirrors the tow mirrors are so helpful. I have been debating on upgrading to the 08+ power mirrors are they really worth it? I have the old style tow mirrors both my outer housings are broken and glued into place or together lol and the passenger one has a chuck of plastic missing on the bottom by the door so if i was to replace mine with the the same mirrors i currently have (turn signal and heated) i would be spenging around $400 for a whole passenger mirror and a replacement drivers side mirror cover (if i could even get it off now) is it really worth the extra money for all the power features and the bigger bottom mirror? If so i might save up some and get em when I can for a half decent price.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Originally Posted by xmontex4
I could not imagine driving with the small paddle mirrors the tow mirrors are so helpful. I have been debating on upgrading to the 08+ power mirrors are they really worth it? I have the old style tow mirrors both my outer housings are broken and glued into place or together lol and the passenger one has a chuck of plastic missing on the bottom by the door so if i was to replace mine with the the same mirrors i currently have (turn signal and heated) i would be spenging around $400 for a whole passenger mirror and a replacement drivers side mirror cover (if i could even get it off now) is it really worth the extra money for all the power features and the bigger bottom mirror? If so i might save up some and get em when I can for a half decent price.
This is a question I have debated with myself. I have the '06 style tow mirrors, but I have added C-betr mirrors to them. So my debate is whether the new style are better than the old style plus C-betrs. I'm pretty sure I already have better visibility, so I have decided not to upgrade. But if something happened to my old style, I would not buy them again. I would buy the new ones.

Check the link I posted above. They have kits to directly install the new mirrors on the old trucks. But the won't power extend or power fold. Which is good in a way, because you don't have to add switches in the cab.

Quick Reply: Trailer Tow Mirrors