6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I wash mine when it starts to annoy me. But we dont have the same salt environment here

Old 02-10-2019, 01:47 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 411 Likes on 272 Posts
Looking for popular threads here, to let my 6.0 friends know, before I go post an ad in the For Sale section, that I have a friend with a screaming deal on a non-runner 6.0. Rust-Free CA 4x4... Anyone interested, PM me for details. I think that's about all I can say without breaking FTE rules...

Scott

Old 02-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Could make a shroud out of cardboard boxes and some packing tape to hold the thing all together..
I did make a shroud out of the shelf boxes. I really need to devise a good water trough for it. I have 3 or 4 of the pads and 3 fans. Had thought about scrapping a blowe assembly from a gas heater to increase cfm then use multiple pads. Just havent been bored or hot enough... i need to jum on a evap while its cold i almost scored one of the super large porta cools for 150 bucks a month or so ago

Old 02-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by namnguye
Fixed my toolbox locks. I put a short rubber hose on the lock metal stick to make it not bouncy and absorb shocks. Works perfectly.

I also poured a bit more than specs the fuel cetan booster and winterizer additive. My fuel pressure shoots up from 63 to 70 psi. Not sure because of that, but it probably is. Truck runs smoother also.

How often people have problem taking their 6.0 through car wash? The north east salt really scares me. In the morning, there are lots of water condensation beneath the truck due to freezing cold metal the night before.
Not a problem if you can find the larger tunnels. SRW I think is the only way you will fit. Ask the operator if unsure. Fold the mirrors in. I have 2 that I can no longer get into around here because they put in the stupid self
service things with the stop bar. One of the really nice ones they changed the way you get into it and I can't make the corner. They have a really nice one in Spokane that is HUGE and trucks out trucks fit really well.

Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979
I did make a shroud out of the shelf boxes. I really need to devise a good water trough for it. I have 3 or 4 of the pads and 3 fans. Had thought about scrapping a blowe assembly from a gas heater to increase cfm then use multiple pads. Just havent been bored or hot enough... i need to jum on a evap while its cold i almost scored one of the super large porta cools for 150 bucks a month or so ago
Why not fins some long drywall pans and size things for them?

Old 02-10-2019, 05:35 PM
namnguye
Laughing Gas
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Not a problem if you can find the larger tunnels. SRW I think is the only way you will fit. Ask the operator if unsure. Fold the mirrors in. I have 2 that I can no longer get into around here because they put in the stupid self
service things with the stop bar. One of the really nice ones they changed the way you get into it and I can't make the corner. They have a really nice one in Spokane that is HUGE and trucks out trucks fit really well.
Originally Posted by Sparky83
mine wont fit in a car was... i had to use the bus/MRAP (military base) lane to do it in the winters...
Wow, I didn't expect it to be that hard. Thanks. I got to check then.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I got a 1995 F250 stock hight long bed extended cab stuck in one of the types that move on tracks and you sit still.
I had even asked it I would fit and the guy running the store said it would. Well it didn't. I got lucky and no scratches.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:23 PM
copsey
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Removed oil cooler and HPOP cover. I had replaced the hpop a while back with an adrenaline pump. I didn’t use the Ford sealant, I used an anaerobic sealant I trusted. That was a mistake. So I’m resealing that and figured as deep as I had to go I may as well replace the oil cooler at the same time. Deltas were not terrible. Typically running 9-12 depending on ambient temp. Also have some connectors that will be replaced, specifically the oil temp sensor and VGT.

Should have all parts in hand for the weekend to reassemble.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Havent seen dry wall pans that size i guess. Was using a medium tub and thought about using one for wrapping paper as they are wide long and shallow.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Dont you absolutely hate itnwhen a project just wont turn out how you want it too. Paint and body is outside of my wheel house but i thought i could make it work. Part of the problems might be from not using 2 part body filler, 2 part primer.... but for today i guess whe will have to do. It will be better then it not being close in color

Attached Images     
Old 02-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
looks better than i can do Randy.... the rippling there in the pain ive heard described as Sags/Curtaining.. supposedly its from holding the gun too close when shooting the paint.. been told Red, Black, White and anything with metallic are the hardest to shoot and get matched... Black simply because it shows off every imperfection in the body... White and red just mainly because its hard to get the shades matched... Red unfortunately gets bleached by the UV rays and does so at different rates making it really hard to match.. throw the metallic in there and just adds to the problem... feel free to come by and help me with my painting projects.... i got a white truck and a black mustang that need some touch ups...

Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Sparky83
looks better than i can do Randy.... the rippling there in the pain ive heard described as Sags/Curtaining.. supposedly its from holding the gun too close when shooting the paint.. been told Red, Black, White and anything with metallic are the hardest to shoot and get matched... Black simply because it shows off every imperfection in the body... White and red just mainly because its hard to get the shades matched... Red unfortunately gets bleached by the UV rays and does so at different rates making it really hard to match.. throw the metallic in there and just adds to the problem... feel free to come by and help me with my painting projects.... i got a white truck and a black mustang that need some touch ups...
Thanks for the compliment. Its a learning endeavor for me. Stuff i could pay to have some one do but i want to learn or im too cheap.... pick your evil. This was duplicolor rattle cans and with 2 cans of clear it looks alright. As with anything i notice the imperfections right away. I would like to repaint the truck at some point as the clear is peeling in places and rust is bubbling thru other places. Maybe i will step up to a compressor driven setup and better materials then i think id also like to step away from dark toredor red and do the ruby red metallic like my 2016... its alot prettier when clean... im down to try most things next project truck wise is a rear bumper and rebuilding the driver seat cushion nw heater and a new cover. But i might be modding a cheap offset smoker i picked up for about the cost of a brisket

Old 02-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Thanks for the compliment. Its a learning endeavor for me. Stuff i could pay to have some one do but i want to learn or im too cheap.... pick your evil. This was duplicolor rattle cans and with 2 cans of clear it looks alright. As with anything i notice the imperfections right away. I would like to repaint the truck at some point as the clear is peeling in places and rust is bubbling thru other places. Maybe i will step up to a compressor driven setup and better materials then i think id also like to step away from dark toredor red and do the ruby red metallic like my 2016... its alot prettier when clean... im down to try most things next project truck wise is a rear bumper and rebuilding the driver seat cushion nw heater and a new cover. But i might be modding a cheap offset smoker i picked up for about the cost of a brisket
ive got 2 body panels i need to replace... front rail of the bed and the corresponding one on the cab... i was hoping to have the cab part done by the shop back at the old house... but life kept getting in the way...

Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
For rattle can not too bad. They can be a pain as you can't do any Boxing of the paint. (Boxing paint is when you dump all the paint into a larger container and blend it)
How warm was the are that your were painting in?
Metallic paints are hard to get right when you have not done them before. Practice is how you learn.
When your up to get get a good compressor that can feed a HVLP gun. They like the air so you need a good CFM output.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:52 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
For rattle can not too bad. They can be a pain as you can't do any Boxing of the paint. (Boxing paint is when you dump all the paint into a larger container and blend it)
How warm was the are that your were painting in?
Metallic paints are hard to get right when you have not done them before. Practice is how you learn.
When your up to get get a good compressor that can feed a HVLP gun. They like the air so you need a good CFM output.
i would also recommend doing a double dryer on the outlet from the compressor to keep the moisture from contaminating the paint... my dad also recommends the gravity feed sprayers instead of the vacuum suction type (where the can filled with paints on the bottom)... while he will use that type you get a more consistent and better spray from the gravity fed ones.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:59 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend

Got me 3 pretty new little Pyro gauges for the truck. Now to get them in.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?