6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Feeling very comfortable with running a light but bulky load to theBSA Warehouse today. Ambient temp was around 100*+ and My Delta stayed en 7*-10* even when running at 70mph with the AC on. The big thing for me was that this trip is the closest that I can come to the Ford delta check on the stretch of 99 between Red Bluff and Chico.

The fun part was seeing the CalFire Batalion Chief, Prevention Officer, and suppport utility go by in the opposite direction with lights and siren, and they were ALL Super Duty’s.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:04 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Left the F350 at the house and took the Expedition on a day trip to my Aunt and Uncles. First trip of any distance for us in a while and first without the truck (it used to be our best vehicle)

Old 07-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
You better bring it home some nice apology totally frivolous parts or you may
find yourself sitting at the road side when the truck gets MAD at you.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:03 PM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
In March I contacted Mishimototo replace my thermostat, not holding 200 degrees in cold weather. The part was delayed because it was redesigned and finally arrived today, it will be a week or 2 before I install it.
Same here but for a customer's truck. Though I did have to pay a $15 shipping charge. Thankfully I didn't have to send the old one back since the truck was already back in service.

As for mine, have not had to do anything. Just using the heck out of it towing stuff. Most recent was for a friend that picked up a 52 8n.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:51 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Did a little running around to get PIZZA and see if the tool store that is NOT HF happened to have the teflon seal ring installers.
I was going to install the new steering box in the new truck. But no love on the installers. Yes I know you can gently work them on
but my luck I would kill one and I have 8 of the silly things I need to install between the two trucks. I will just go to my favorite hydraulic
shop Monday afternoon and pick up a set that does not have Motorcraft/Rotunda/OTC stamped on them for a 10th of the price. You
know they was almost $110.00 on Ebay and get this I look on the Rotunda tool site and they only want ........ Wait for it................
211-D027 $91.33 and that is less than I would of guessed. They are beating Ebay sellers. AND they are new not used from where ever.

Well anyway When I was getting ready to go looking I thought it would be a good idea to have a nose with me and I went to take the one
on the project truck as a sample. The one I was taking off was the one going up to the hydroboost. I sized the 2 wrenches I would need
(18mm and 21mm) if I recall correctly. So I put the backup wrench on and then took the 18mm and expected to have to twist on it a bit.
I found out why so many talk about leaks up at the hydroboost. I almost could of taken if off with my fingers. I sure did not need the backup
wrench on the other side of the fitting it was that loose but not leaking.

Eat dinner and did not make a pig of myself. So sense my intended project got a bit side tracked I took on the other project I need to do.

CLEAN THE GARAGE. I managed to make some headway. I gave up on a few things and just tossed them in the trash and the metals pile
that is growing under the front of the project truck. I did take some of the aluminum in about 2 weeks ago, $60.00 not too bad. I still have some
more aluminum to take in after I remove the steel bearings from what is left of the transfer case. Then I have a nice pile of brass to also take in
after I remove the screws that are stainless steel. You get so much better on the price when it clean of odd metals. The only pile I don't make
any money on it the steel being only a few pounds here and there.

Ok time to end this novel. Night everyone.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:30 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
I know that's right.....it's about to get front to back fluid change....that should do it for a bit!

Old 07-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Turd-250
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
managed to wash the truck! but not before bending my thumbnail backwards on a littel bent spot on the fender
also managed to clean the seats again using the 'soak-n-suck' method lol! pouring water on and sucking it up with a shop vac. it did help, but now i have little water rings at the edge of where the water got to ... i should have just taken the dang seat covers off!

Old 07-03-2018, 12:49 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Drove over a thousand miles in the past 2 days. Made a trip to eastern Montana for a wedding. Had a hail storm while we were there. Truck got a few dimples, not bad considering.
5th wheel lost a couple roof vents and punched a hole in the A/C cover.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:31 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv
Drove over a thousand miles in the past 2 days. Made a trip to eastern Montana for a wedding. Had a hail storm while we were there. Truck got a few dimples, not bad considering.
5th wheel lost a couple roof vents and punched a hole in the A/C cover.
wow must have been a pretty big storm there to get that... while not as common tornados do happen in july.. even though hail doesnt necessarily constitute a tornado it would make me wonder if there were any in the area...

Old 07-03-2018, 02:49 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Well at least you were not out standing in it.
Should of saved some for the ice chest to keep the food cold.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:37 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
People never believe me, but trucks get mad and jealous too...

When I first got my 6.0, I drove the crap out of it for 2 months and my 7.3 sat. When I fired up the 7.3, it.was.angry....

After a sincere apology via fuel and some time down the road, it calmed down, but it'd never heard it that mad

Old 07-03-2018, 11:21 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Originally Posted by Sparky83
wow must have been a pretty big storm there to get that... while not as common tornados do happen in july.. even though hail doesnt necessarily constitute a tornado it would make me wonder if there were any in the area...

About 50 miles to the south east toward South Dakota, numerous sightings. It was a big one for sure. We left Sunday, and last night they got another 2 rounds of hail and wind.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:23 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Well at least you were not out standing in it.
Should of saved some for the ice chest to keep the food cold.
We were having a bbq when it hit. Yes, I was standing in it trying to get the truck protected. We had a bunch of camp chairs and I put some on the hood. Some of those suckers hit me and they sure do hurt. The 12x12 canopy we had set up is now well vented.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv
We were having a bbq when it hit. Yes, I was standing in it trying to get the truck protected. We had a bunch of camp chairs and I put some on the hood. Some of those suckers hit me and they sure do hurt. The 12x12 canopy we had set up is now well vented.
Sean you might want to add a hard hat to the stuck on the roadside tool kit. At worst you may never use it for a hat.
One thing for people that do live in places that get hit with stones from the sky to help save glass would be some cheap
blow up air mattresses and a fast inflator that runs from the 12 volt battery.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
People never believe me, but trucks get mad and jealous too...

When I first got my 6.0, I drove the crap out of it for 2 months and my 7.3 sat. When I fired up the 7.3, it.was.angry....

After a sincere apology via fuel and some time down the road, it calmed down, but it'd never heard it that mad
trucks aint the only ones... Jezebel gets mad any time i work on another mustang... Then wants to play the "i dont feel like starting now" game for a bit... sometimes she just gets jealous whenever im spending more time on the truck than her...

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?