Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Old 04-15-2019, 12:45 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Sparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputation
i would advise still getting a tuner to turn the EGR off if you leave it in place without the cooler or delete it completely.... some models throw a fit when its deleted despite people saying it doesnt... Mine did... i tried leaving it plugged in to keep it from throwing a fit... threw a fit... unplugged it... still threw a fit.... ran like crap till i got the tuner to turn the stupid thing off.... after that it ran fine... plugged in or not doesnt give me any problems now...

Old 04-15-2019, 11:38 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Sparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputation

Took the truck out for a fun drive to town on the highway and around town driverside consistantly sat 10-20 below the passengerside. How much am i willing to bet 4,8 (probably get one for 7 as well) if i scanned the truck would say low contribution codes again. I swear i feel like replacing the injector harness just to see if i could fix that.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:57 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
You might try blocking the airflow around the manifold and then using a
non-contact temp sensor to verify the numbers are really not the same.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:19 AM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
You might try blocking the airflow around the manifold and then using a
non-contact temp sensor to verify the numbers are really not the same.
they stay even till it gets up to temp. Then they start seperating. I keep having low contribution codes for 4,7,&8. Im starting to suspect it might not be the injectors but the injector harness itself.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:44 AM
diesel_dan
Post Fiend
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
they stay even till it gets up to temp. Then they start seperating. I keep having low contribution codes for 4,7,&8. Im starting to suspect it might not be the injectors but the injector harness itself.
You might be on to something: My friend that had the '04 had one of those trip-from-hell trips - they hit 3 dealerships in less than 500 miles on their return leg: 1st one diagnosed a bad FICM, worked for a hundred or so more miles then in to another dealer who replaced an injector (or two), back on the road for a couple hundred more miles and into yet another Dealership. The last one took their time based on the recent history and you guessed it: diagnosed a bad harness, which was likely the problem all along...

Good luck!

Old 04-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by diesel_dan View Post
You might be on to something: My friend that had the '04 had one of those trip-from-hell trips - they hit 3 dealerships in less than 500 miles on their return leg: 1st one diagnosed a bad FICM, worked for a hundred or so more miles then in to another dealer who replaced an injector (or two), back on the road for a couple hundred more miles and into yet another Dealership. The last one took their time based on the recent history and you guessed it: diagnosed a bad harness, which was likely the problem all along...

Good luck!
i know the FICM's good because its relatively new... and ive had those same 3 injectors replaced 3 different times... downside is its about $300 from what im seeing to replace it with a "factory" replacement new harness...

Old 04-16-2019, 05:48 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
No. A 2003 Motorcraft factory harness from ANWB, Ford Parts Giant, or Amazon runs around $190 to 200. Non-factory run around $80-100.

Amazon Amazon

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...ly-3c3z9d930aa

Forgot, you have an '04, about $30 more expensive.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...ly-4c3z9d930aa

Old 04-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Your ordering from the wrong place if your getting that price. The new harness I got was less that $200
and it was a Ford harness. The amount of $160 comes to mind. Check with FICMRepair.com - FORD Powerstroke 6.0 FICM Repair, PHP Tuning and Truck Parts
Also if you want they can get you a really cheap aftermarket (likely Dorman) for a really low price. I think
tat may be what I will do with the project truck. After all it does not need a expensive Ford harness.

The reason for the need.
When I swapped the injectors from the one truck to the other I also moved the harness with them. The interesting thing now is that I have that project
truck back together I have 2 dead injectors. I am thinking it is likely the harness so to it looking ratty when I moved it. The injectors that are showing up ad
dead are #6 and #8.When I say that I don't see any change when I disable them in the power balance test.

EDIT: Jack we must of been typing at the same time.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:00 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
Yep. I still don't have the little details '03 to '04 changes.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by TooManyToys. View Post
No. A 2003 Motorcraft factory harness from ANWB, Ford Parts Giant, or Amazon runs around $190 to 200. Non-factory run around $80-100.
its what i was seeing come up when i searched for the injector harness... 220-290.. (most of which didnt include the shipping in the price...) all the ones i was seeing that were saying 190 were also not including the ship... and ive had issues with parts that have been dropshipped from ANWB... so i stay away from them anymore... most of fleabay is full of harnesses in the 200's... amazons the same way..

my other problem is mines an early 03 build but an 04 model year... so then comes the play which harness do i get? they only specify model year and not build year like they do for everything else with this truck...

Old 04-16-2019, 06:38 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Yep. I still don't have the little details '03 to '04 changes.
there was apparently another change for the 05 MY.. since FICM repair lists 3 different ones...

Old 04-16-2019, 07:01 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
Do you have a 90ís code on the existing harness tag? C91. C92 .......

Old 04-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Do you have a 90ís code on the existing harness tag? C91. C92 .......
i dont remember seeing the tag on there anymore but would have to look again someday when i can afford to replace it...

Old 04-16-2019, 09:05 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
white Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud of
I need to find another set of stock rims, the original Ones are all pitted from the snow and the salt crap up here. Iím going to leave the snow tires on this set of rims and try to find another set of stock rims to put the summer street tires on. Any suggestions on were to look?

Old 04-16-2019, 09:09 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
white Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud of
Iím curious, what are you are you seeing for manifold air temp with a 90 degree IAT?

Originally Posted by hwybee22 View Post
Finallyyyyyy I'm back on the road after a ruptured oil cooler and a going south FICM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.