So what did you do to your 6.0L today? - Page 1412 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Fixed it for you!
Oh my heck, I forgot all about Mr. Mint, Mint, Mint.

Stewart

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Started on the exhaust system yesterday. I started unbolting at the turbo and should of known
that when the I found the nut on T bolt for the clamp I was in for trouble. I ended up breaking the bolt.
New clamp time. Ree. Then I got under the truck and found coolant dripping down the passenger
side of the engine Nasty four letter word FTE won't let me post. Did some snooping around and
found that it was the cheap assed EGR deleter the PO had used. I took a break and chatted with
Bill (Per4mance) when I took a short break and tried what he told me to check and sure enough
both clamps on the hose werre loose. We will see how it does now that I took care of that.
I stopped working at 9PM. Don't like to **** people off with noise late at night. So today is get the
clamp and start putting pipe in place and snug it up so I can set all the clearances so avoid any rattling.
BTW I picked up the band clamps for the system and won't be using the other style.

Wish me a good day turning wrenched and I will post back when I finish with a sound recording.
Well I found the part number I think 6C3Z-5A231-AA

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
87crewdually
Post Fiend
87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Fixed it for you!

I plan on adding a dually to the fleet alot like yours. There are too many times I need a truck and the towing capabilities of a dually (gooseneck and 5th wheel) and don't have it. With bumper pull, there are only so many trailers
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Oh my heck, I forgot all about Mr. Mint, Mint, Mint.

Stewart
I guess I should of said it's pristine.

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Well I have not gotten any work done. Seems that on the way home some tractor trailer
decides to burst into flame. They were able to unhook the tractor and let the trailer go.
What a mess it made out of traffic. At least it seems everyone is OK. On a different subject
I have an appointment on Monday to take the truck in to get the new bed painted.

Also I did get the part. $45.00 But I needed it NOW.

Question for the ones that tow a lot. What type of abuse does it take to bend
the metal around the bumper hitch pin holes? The more work I do on this truck
the more I want to kick someone in the @ with some ice climbing traction
cleats on my boots when I do the kicking..

Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Ford.Dude
Senior User
Ford.Dude is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Picked up my outer axle seals from the dealership today. Not sure if the seals come with ALL the seals (not including dust seals) if you order from other vendors but to my surprise.......

It even came with new hub nuts which the timken hubs did not. Came with the paper gasket for the locking hubs and the bolts.

Old Today, 12:51 AM
87crewdually
Post Fiend
87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold87crewdually is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Well I have not gotten any work done. Seems that on the way home some tractor trailer
decides to burst into flame. They were able to unhook the tractor and let the trailer go.
What a mess it made out of traffic. At least it seems everyone is OK. On a different subject
I have an appointment on Monday to take the truck in to get the new bed painted.

Also I did get the part. $45.00 But I needed it NOW.

Question for the ones that tow a lot. What type of abuse does it take to bend
the metal around the bumper hitch pin holes? The more work I do on this truck
the more I want to kick someone in the @ with some ice climbing traction
cleats on my boots when I do the kicking..
As far as the hitch pin hole is concerned, they do wear and sort of mushroom out. It's only mild steel and the pins are tougher so only the strong survive. Mine is wore enough to where the hole is conformed to the bend of the pin. I can post a pic tomorrow.

Old Today, 01:01 AM
Zip
Posting Legend
Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Busy replacing a front bearing unit and the big axle seal. Man stuff is expensive in Canada. I got the bearing unit from Rock Auto. My guy couldn't come close. The seal was just under 20 bucks difference, got that here cause they had one on the shelf. Finish up Wednesday if the dog doesn't run off with any more nuts.

Old Today, 01:56 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by 87crewdually View Post
As far as the hitch pin hole is concerned, they do wear and sort of mushroom out. It's only mild steel and the pins are tougher so only the strong survive. Mine is wore enough to where the hole is conformed to the bend of the pin. I can post a pic tomorrow.
Good to know that was the issue.