6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 07:06 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike189677
I’m not real happy about it especially on my iphone since I use the full version the the only thing I hate more than the new layout and the extra ads especially the ones in a someone’s post is the mobile version of this site. If there is an ad blocker for safari on iPhone that someone knows about let me know. Some stuff is also displaying wired and the font is smaller, or atleast seems like it on both computer and phone.
the text boxes are much smaller too for when you want to quote a reply.. on mine it takes up only 1/8 of the screen and can see 3 words per line while the rest of the page is empty white space...

and you know what the mods will start posting with a question like that.. "well if you become a paid member you wont see any ads".. ive been on other sites where there were paid memberships that people werent bullied with ads just to become a paid member to get rid of ads.. its not right to do so.. flood the visitors with the ads and let the signed up members see 1 or 2 on the page.. ntm the ads bring in a risk of virus infection for your members.. we had that problem with one of the sites i was moderator on.. one of the ads it pulled contained a trojan virus and was infecting our members whenever it cycled in. we quickly removed it once we found out about it.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 AM
Ford.Dude
More Turbo
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Per4mance
I was wondering what was wrong, then I hate this phone anyway cause of the issues with it. I'm not a fan of the new layout. Mark me as a change back.
With you on that pal! Too small, too many ads. The adds would be fine if they'd actually stay where the hell they are. Seems like the ads will pop up exactly where I want to push. At least stay put!

Don't ruin this site please. I know how money hungry people can get but greed can cause failure.

+2 on a change back.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:06 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
the signed up members see 1 or 2 on the page..
Nah man it's not 1 or 2 ads when you pay.... it's none I use a computer for access though. I can't imagine typing as much as we do here on a phone screen, that has to be miserable no matter the interface.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Not a fan of the new layout. I only use the full site. The mobile site drives me nuts.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,327 Likes on 1,744 Posts
On my phone, you can only see the first page and the last page of a thread such as this one, that has hundreds of pages.

If you click on the thread title, you will be taken to the first page, and there is no arrow or next button to see subsequent pages.

If you click on the "last post by" line, you will be taken to the last page, and there is no arrow or back button to see previous pages.

On hot topics, where the rate of daily posts can exceed a page on a phone, one can be up to date on the topic in the morning, but by lunchtime, not be able to even follow the context of how the thread evolved, because again... you can only click on the title of the thread, which takes you to the first post, or the "last post by" line of the thread, which skips past all the fresh posts that were missed during the day, and scrolling up doesn't go far enough without being able to see previous page, for which there is no clickable provision in order to see it.

Anyone responsible for making interface design decisions on the mobile app aughta be, as part of their job responsibility, an ACTIVE user of the site, or hire an active MEMBER here who can serve as a consultant. There are many members here with upwards of 20,000 posts. I'd call that active. Use all the new ad revenue to pay them to provide the feedback needed to make the mobile site functional.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:02 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Ford.Dude
With you on that pal! Too small, too many ads. The adds would be fine if they'd actually stay where the hell they are. Seems like the ads will pop up exactly where I want to push. At least stay put!

Don't ruin this site please. I know how money hungry people can get but greed can cause failure.

+2 on a change back.
it doesnt let you stay logged in either.. use to be as long as i left the browser open i just had to refresh the page to see the new posts.. now it kicks me out if i go idle for a bit and have to log back in..

Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
Nah man it's not 1 or 2 ads when you pay.... it's none I use a computer for access though. I can't imagine typing as much as we do here on a phone screen, that has to be miserable no matter the interface.
i was referring to people that are signed up but not paid members.. i can understand flooding non-members with ads but people that have signed up to post on the site shouldnt have to deal with 15 different banner ads that do nothing but drag down their computers just to post.. even with adblock theres still a couple that get by. thats why i was saying itd be one thing if they only had 1-2 ads for signed in members and ad free for paid.. but you shouldnt be bullied by 15+ ads just to make your members sign up for paid memberships for ad free..

Old 02-27-2018, 11:40 AM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 409 Likes on 271 Posts
Originally Posted by OneCylinder
I don't like it, it's missing the link at the bottom of the page that lets you click back to the list of threads. (Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel > So what did you do to your 6.0L today?) <<<< This link.
Look at the bottom and you will see a forum jump box, the 6.0 forum will be the default if you are in a thread on that forum. Just click the GO button and it takes you to the top of all the threads, like the old link did.

They did have a couple glitches on the "flying cutover" -- something we only did in an emergency in the IT department I worked in. As a paid subscriber I was still getting ads, but just at the top of the screen -- these eventually went away. The micro-print in the reply box is still tough on these old eyes... Hope they can change that...

Scott

Old 02-27-2018, 07:17 PM
Turd-250
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Grrrrr it's so hard to read thiscsitevfrom a phone now!!! It's was perfect before lol

Old 02-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
They are collecting feedback https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17829656

I’m not sure about this either, since I am using my IPad a couple of the changes are REALLY awkward.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well some goodies came in today on the Big Brown Truck for both of my trucks.
Some bolts to replace the ones I had to barrow from the project because the ID10T that removed
removed the oil rails the last time used the WRONG sized torx bit and upset all the edges in the bolts
and made then very sharp and on top of that blue thread locker was used. Needless to say all 18
of the old will end up in the scrap bin because I don't know if they were over stressed or not and with
up to 4K PSI I don't want to take the chance.

Here is the part number on the bag. They are real Ford bolts. W301383- 1X

Then I also got a new lower radiator hose for the new truck because when I
first got it I had to replace the upper hose do to lot rot. So now that i have ha
the truck and put a few miles on it and am loosing a tiny bit of coolant and the
drip looks to be the hose I think it's time to do that one also.

The last little goodie I got from the Big Brown Truck today happened to be a plate light cover.
The one on the new truck is sort of looking bad. So it will get a new cover. I thought
IU had ordered two so I could do both sides so I will check into that. Here is the part and the number.

P.S. I see that I need to work with the new photo tool I
use for posting. The images seem to be a little on the large side.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:09 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Yahiko
wonder which part of the bolt wasnt made in the USA.. lol

Old 02-28-2018, 05:50 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,403 Posts
The bolt China, packaging USA.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:05 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by TooManyToys.
The bolt China, packaging USA.
Or the raw material came from US, but bolt was made elsewhere. I’ve seen that on several things lately. “Made from US materials, in Mexico”

Old 02-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
Or the raw material came from US, but bolt was made elsewhere. I’ve seen that on several things lately. “Made from US materials, in Mexico”
my sticker would read "Assembled in the USA from US&Italian materials".. lol

Old 02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Ford.Dude
More Turbo
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
wonder which part of the bolt wasnt made in the USA.. lol
Just noticed what the package read. That's fricking hilarious.
​​​​​

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?