Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion   

Lancelot Chainsaw Tooth Grinder Wheel Personal Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:50 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Lancelot Chainsaw Tooth Grinder Wheel Personal Review

I've got another rave review on another tool. Again, i'm not receiving any endorsements for this tool review but thought someone might find this info helpful.

I recently bought a Lancelot 22 tooth, 5/8in blade for my electric grinder. I'm using it to help me rough out my cigar store indian statue. I'm carving one from a tree i felled about 8 years ago.

If you get one definitely read the instructions that come with it. This thing could easily hurt you in a heart beat....probably faster. Don't ever use it if yer tired or otherwise distracted.

Pros:
-easily removes tons of shavings quickly
-removes wood with a horizontal push, pull and/or scrape action.
-leaves a fairly smooth finish with slower hand movements
-it is sooooo much faster than when i started with my hand chisel set.

Cons:
-if yer not careful you can easily catch the wood too hard and the force of the grinder will cause you to run the blade across the piece you're working on. (****Use the blade gaurd on your grinder and some good leather gloves, and both hands on the grinder, with a firm grip at all times!!! I cant stress that enough.)
-there are not spacers between teeth, like on a regular chainsaw chain, so it's very easy to take off too much material if you're not careful.

So far i'm very pleased with this blade. I wear ear plugs, safety glasses, face shield, and a respirator while carving my indian. I highly recommend this tool to anyone wondering if they actually work. It's working great for me so far. Maybe i'll post a pic of my homemade cigar store indian when it's done.