Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

78/79 RestoMod

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 07:40 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's real clean bud, nice job. I've had ideas about speakers like that, taking a box and modifying it to fit behind the panel. Give it room to resonate a little, then fill it with either cotton or another cheap filler, something to deaden the sound. Then it should sound OK. For the subs, having an open cab like that you don't need much bass to feel it but at best you'll be stuck with slim sub's I think. Those have a hard time in big open spaces, unless you plan to have them stick out a bit. I've got big holes in my rear panel for speakers and thought about sub's but getting them sealed wouldn't be easy, and the vibration might cause some noise issues. Food for thought.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
Scored a F150 console today for $75, it will require some minor modification to mount, it is sitting in place right now.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Couldn't sleep so I've spent the last 3 hours reading your thread.

Amazing! I was impressed with your fab work, then blown away when you said you'd been using a HF welder. haha. An absalutely Beautiful job on the body!

Curious, what ever happened to the first tub you sent for sand blasting?

I'm undecided on how I feel about you filling in the dash panels, I like things different but on the other hand the seem to have lost a lot of dimension/definition.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Couldn't sleep so I've spent the last 3 hours reading your thread.

Amazing! I was impressed with your fab work, then blown away when you said you'd been using a HF welder. haha. An absalutely Beautiful job on the body!

Curious, what ever happened to the first tub you sent for sand blasting?

I'm undecided on how I feel about you filling in the dash panels, I like things different but on the other hand the seem to have lost a lot of dimension/definition.
Thanks!

That old welder did a good job, they weren't real pretty welds but they are solid. I had to run the thing right at the duty cycle but it did it. Now I have a new Lincoln, much better!

The first tub got scrapped when we moved to Las Vegas, it needed a ton of work, the floors were shot.

I think the filled in bezels fit the look I want, the wood grain just didn't go with it.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
Picked up some new wheels and tires after work today. Got a set of Dick Cepek tires on Mickey Thompson wheels for $800. I will of course post pics tomorrow, they are wider than the Goodyears and so they track a bit different, but feel MUCH better on the road.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:48 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was just curious cause the progress went from "sent my tub to get blasted" then "bought the hulk donor"

I thing the filled bezel fits your rig "personality" but you asked for opinions so I gave it, didn't have to ask my wife what my opinion was. haha

Unfortunately you're too far away for me to try and work you out of the wheels/tires you're taking off.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
I appreciate the feedback, it is different for sure.

Took a couple of shots while at the shooting club this morning

Old 02-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
Bit the bullet and replaced the steering box this afternoon, wow what an improvement!
She handles great now, a little bit of bump steer going over speed bumps but totally manageable.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
The Bronco rolled over 100 miles yesterday, I caught a pic at 99.9 miles lol

Old 02-26-2015, 02:06 PM
NewEnglander
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Raleigh1
Scored a F150 console today for $75, it will require some minor modification to mount, it is sitting in place right now.

Raleigh do you mind posting pictures of how you mounted it once your are finished? I have an aftermarket console thats more for an early Bronco that I liked that I will need to fab something up to make it fit.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the look of the updated interior. Congrats on getting it driving. Looks great out of the garage.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
Been doing a lot of small detail work, not much that is really pic worthy, capping unused holes in the firewall, door top weather stripping and junk like that.

I have got a few things done that are pic worthy.

I got the door glass in, mirror supports fabbed and installed, 6" Pioneer door speakers installed, sound deadening and insulation installed and the door panels installed.

I got my GT wheel horn button, $80 for this damned thing, cheaper than a new wheel and it fits great.

Got the power steps my friend gave me installed. They are not made to fit the Bronco but I won't argue with free! They sit a bit lower than I would prefer but they are temporary until I can afford to get the Amp Research steps I want.

And lastly I got a set of clear front blinker housings, I love the way look, the orange lenses were the one thing that bothered me about the front end.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Looking good Dave. Sorry I missed you this morning.
I have never seen it with door panels, nice addition

Old 03-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Lookin good!! I like the look of the clear lenses, really fits well with the white in the grill

Old 03-09-2015, 07:07 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Looking great, Dave!!

Quick Reply: 78/79 RestoMod