Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's
View Poll Results: Which box length would you buy if the Harley-Davidson(TM) F-150 offered a choice?
6.5" bed
45.00%
5.5" bed
55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Ford Product Planning is looking for some feedback on Ford Harley-Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 08:49 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Given that optimum box length is always a compromise, involving a tradeoff
between maneuverability (turning radius)/garageability (overall length) and
cargo volume capacity, which box length (5.5' or 6.5') would you buy (and
why) if the Harley-Davidson(TM) F-150 offered a choice?

Old 04-07-2003, 05:52 PM
christop43
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would choose the 5.5 foot bed if I were in the market for a HD F-150. I like the shorter turning radius, and if loaded properly the 5.5 foot bed can fit a considerable amount. I think that people who are in the market for a HD F-150 are looking more for performance and handling rather than using it for work. I am not sure if the HD F-150 is currently offered with the bed extender like the Supercrews are, but that would be a good way to improve the overall cargo area of the bed.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:03 PM
audiocableguy
New User

Bed size is a difficult subject for a sports truck such as the Lightning and Harley. I own a 03' HD and like the fact I can have 4 doors and still be able to get out of parking spaces and it fits into the garage. I haul tools and electrical supplies but not construction equipment or crates. The external proportions are visually pleasing. Turning is acceptable and handling is excellant. The longer bed would give the truck a more practical than sportz look. Plywood can be put in someone else's bed! A better example: do I buy a BMW Z3 or a M3? the usable space difference is the back set. I believe the shorter bed fits the HD Lightning image. Just a few thoughts. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:09 AM
sledhappy
New User

If I wanted a truck with box space and needed to haul much I would have kept my superduty. I think the current supercrew platform lends itself great to this truck.
The 5.5 ft bed is all I need to carry some small items, mostly the dog. If a 6.5 foot bed were offered why not 4x4 and why not more towing capacity, now it sounds like a lariet superduty.
I think the current H-D fills the sport truck gap for people like myself that aren't as extreme as the lightning and need extra cab space. The early H-D had a 6.5 ft box and less HP. I personnally like the current setup, more cab room, shorter box, more HP. Anything less than 5.5 would start to look silly though.