2012 F250 SuperDuty 6.2L 4.30 -- Ordered - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Reload this Page >

2012 F250 SuperDuty 6.2L 4.30 -- Ordered

Notices
6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

2012 F250 SuperDuty 6.2L 4.30 -- Ordered

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Nadster
Freshman User
Nadster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by biz4two View Post
UPDATE:
========

Ok...received a call from the dealer over the weekend...and was told that my truck will be built the 1st week of April.

YIPPIE!!!

Now...I'm actually getting ready to start my minor but short MOD's list.

biz
My F250 will be built that week too. Looks like they will be siblings.

Specs for my truck ---

2012 F250 SuperDuty 4x4
Golden Bronze
6.2L and 4.30 E-lock diff
XLT SC 142" wb
Electronic Shift On-The-Fly
FX4 Offroad 4x4 Pkg
Camper Pkg
Snow Plow Pkg
Remote Start System
XLT Trim
5" Chrome Tubular Step Bars
LT275/70R18E BSW/AT
18" Cast Alum wheels
Cloth Bucket Seats with Console
6-Way Power Seat
Adobe Interior Color

Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Powelligator
Senior User
Powelligator is starting off with a positive reputation.
8 Foot bed SuperCab, mine would have been in that run also.

You have the snow plow package *and* the Camper package. Doesn't Camper package override the snow plow springs?

Joe

Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Nadster
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Powelligator View Post
8 Foot bed SuperCab, mine would have been in that run also.

You have the snow plow package *and* the Camper package. Doesn't Camper package override the snow plow springs?

Joe
Not sure. But the way I read the info provided is the camper package includes a 1 up upgrade in front springs where the plow package include computer-selected springs in which the maximum springs could be selected. If the max springs are selected there is no 1 up upgrade available for the camper package since they are maxed out anyway. With the snow plow package the diesel engine gets an extra heavy-duty alternator. I would expect additional wiring and push plate mounting options to be included with the snow plow package. At any rate, it was only $71 additional for it. I live at 7500 feet elevation and get on average 120 inches of snow a year. I need all the help I can get.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Super08
Posting Guru
Super08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the new truck. Your window sticker whould show up online about 1 week before it is due to be built. If you do not have a link to the site I can post it for you. All you need to do is input the VIN. As the others have said you will be happy you ordered the 4.30's.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Nadster
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
Congrats on the new truck. Your window sticker whould show up online about 1 week before it is due to be built. If you do not have a link to the site I can post it for you. All you need to do is input the VIN. As the others have said you will be happy you ordered the 4.30's.
Yes, please post the link.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Super08
Posting Guru
Super08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to behold
Here it is. Copy and paste this link to your browser. Type in your VIN after the "=" sign and then hit enter.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Nadster
Freshman User
VIN not found. I'll try later this week.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 PM
biz4two
Post Fiend
biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.
Arrow

Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
Nice! Did your window sticker show up yet (online)?
Not sure really...I haven't received my VIN. I'll call the dealer later in the week...and ask them to share that info.

Originally Posted by Nadster
My F250 will be built that week too. Looks like they will be siblings.
Oh yeah...absolutely! It's pretty cool to know when they are going to be built. Just hope they get shipped in a reasonable time.

biz

Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Super08
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Nadster View Post
VIN not found. I'll try later this week.
Usually it will not show up until around the Thursday of the week before your build.

Once it does it will look like mine below.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...8W3B68BEC83385

Old 04-06-2012, 06:58 PM
biz4two
Post Fiend
biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.
Thumbs up 2012 SuperDuty built

2012 F250 SuperDuty 4x4 6.2L 4.30

--------------
Configuration:
==========

2012 F250 SuperDuty 4x4
Oxford white w/ Pale Adobe (two tone)
6.2L and 4.30 E-lock diff
Lariat CC 156" wb
FX4 Offroad 4x4 Pkg
Camper Pkg
Lariat Interior Pkg
5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Pkg
Bodyside molding
Roof Clearance Lights
Tailgate Step
5" Chrome Tubular Step Bars
18" Cast Alum wheels
Upfitter Switches
Navigation System
Leather Bucket Seats with Console
Adobe Interior Color

====== END ==============

I think I listed everything. SUPER excited to take delivery...

biz

2nd UPDATE:
==========

My 2012 SuperDuty is built!!!...just finished talking with the dealer. It's sitting at the Kentucky Plant waiting to be shipped. Should be another 2 weeks or so until it arrives.

YIPPIE!!!

Oh yeah...got the VIN (Thanks for the link)...and saved the pdf VIN window sticker. Gosh...they do cost...don't they?!?

The add-on mod list is growing by the day.

biz

Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 PM
powderjunky
New User
powderjunky is starting off with a positive reputation.
It will be seven Weeks Monday since I ordered...no vin yet. I was told the e locker was a supply shortage. Apparently, they do have them being yours is being built. I don't get the hold up. Very frustrated with my first ford purchase.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Nadster
Freshman User
The 3.73 is on back order not the 4.30

Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Nadster
Freshman User
2nd UPDATE:
==========

My 2012 SuperDuty is built!!!...just finished talking with the dealer. It's sitting at the Kentucky Plant waiting to be shipped. Should be another 2 weeks or so until it arrives.

YIPPIE!!!

Oh yeah...got the VIN (Thanks for the link)...and saved the pdf VIN window sticker. Gosh...they do cost...don't they?!?

The add-on mod list is growing by the day.

biz
Congrats...I need to check in with my dealer since mine was supposed to be built the week of April 1st too.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 AM
biz4two
Post Fiend
Arrow

Originally Posted by powderjunky View Post
It will be seven Weeks Monday since I ordered...no vin yet. I was told the e locker was a supply shortage. Apparently, they do have them being yours is being built. I don't get the hold up. Very frustrated with my first ford purchase.

Might want to call FORD Customer service...and ask??? Now...keep in mind...that it can take a total of 12 weeks...and the VIN isn't assigned until the week prior to build.

You must have gone to a really...really...really...small dealership with absolutely no SD allotments.

Wish you luck...

biz

Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 AM
biz4two
Post Fiend
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nadster View Post
Congrats...I need to check in with my dealer since mine was supposed to be built the week of April 1st too.

Yes you do!

biz

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 F250 SuperDuty 6.2L 4.30 -- Ordered

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: