6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Are you sure your Insurance Company will cover a HPFP failure - Mine WON'T

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by kabur66
Why buy another Ford w current HPFP???
Why go outside when you could get struck by lightning?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy001
Why go outside when you could get struck by lightning?

Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Shelby-GT-500
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kabur66
Well, I agree. This crap from Ford regarding failed HPFP must be costing Ford a lot of sales. I was going to trade my 2011 F350 for a 2013 F350. But I am not going to every buy another Ford truck until Ford clears up the pump failure problem, and stands behind their warrenty.
ken
Lets be clear. All brands have failures. Seems Fords failure rate is the same as other companies. The real problem here is Ford denying these repairs under warranty and making their customers pay the bill for the repair. That is the only thing that needs to change for me to buy another Ford. Just sucks that ford is not my partner in this ownership, they are my adversary! Not a good way to get repeat business.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
This insurance thing has me on the fence about actually purchasing an extended warranty. Couple guys here have made it to 100k with no problems.....

I bought an extended for my 6.4 and it paid for itself in rental car costs since they covered all of my shop time.

Now this Geico MBI has me wondering if its even worth buying the Ford ESP.
I bought the extended warranty, but I don't see why you would need it if you have MBI. I agree with Tux that double coverage is better than nothing though, but to me it is still a waste of money to double up. I can't blame you for going that route though, your money, spend it however you like. If I would have known about MBI before I bought my truck, I probably would have switched to Geico too and not bought the extended warranty.

Either way, I'm not worring about my HPFP. I'm just putting diesel and the stupid additive in it and driving it. If I get water in my fuel, as far as I know, it is vandalism until someone proves otherwise and I'll let my comprehensive take care of it. I'm not going to make the process harder than it has to be. Likewise, I am not putting a locking cap or door on my fuel tank. I've never seen anyone have to "prove" vandalism.

I understand both sides of the argument and I am not standing up for Ford, but there is no way for them to prove it is or isn't vandalism either.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
This insurance thing has me on the fence about actually purchasing an extended warranty. Couple guys here have made it to 100k with no problems.....

I bought an extended for my 6.4 and it paid for itself in rental car costs since they covered all of my shop time.

Now this Geico MBI has me wondering if its even worth buying the Ford ESP.
I'm one of those 100k guys so far. I will say this, 100k miles is not as hard on the truck as 5 years of grocery getting. My truck is still like new, not even two years old. Years and little use would scare me more than 100k and 2500 hours.

I agree about the ESP. My insurance is commercial so I would need to figure some things out with geico.