Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmissions in Seattle

Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Craze
Senior User
Craze is starting off with a positive reputation.
Transmissions in Seattle

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know – haven’t posted in five years but now I’m running back home to momma.

Sniff.

So here’s what now – I need to rebuild/replace my transmission (E4OD) in my 1997 F-250. Where is a good place to take it? Locally, that is, here in the greater Seattle area.

Info is appreciated
craze

Old 03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Been away for 5 years and still don't know what forum you are in????

J/K. lol

Get ready to hear the name, John woods.

Welcome back.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Craze
Senior User
Yeah, I saw that after I posted but only the mods can move it to the right forum now.So who is John Woods?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Craze View Post
Yeah, I saw that after I posted but only the mods can move it to the right forum now.So who is John Woods?
Here is his link. John Wood Automotive - Home.

People on the left coast like to use him.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM
nlemerise
Postmaster
nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.nlemerise has a spectacular reputation.
He is this desert rat down in El Centro, CA and he can build transmissions that you don't have to worry about.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:33 AM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Even if you can't get the truck to Holtville (El Centro area), he ships all over the country to both trans shops and end users/installers.

Pop

Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Craze
Senior User
California? Is that local to Seattle for youse guys?I'm looking for, like within ten or twenty miles or so.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Sorry. We just tried to steer you on a bullet-proof path.

We kinda' a helpful group here at 7.3. Maybe too helpful in some cases.

This thread needs to get moved to somewhere with more model-appropriate help.

Pop

Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
I would post this in the 97 year forum and see what they say.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Craze
Senior User
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Sorry. We just tried to steer you on a bullet-proof path.

We kinda' a helpful group here at 7.3. Maybe too helpful in some cases.

This thread needs to get moved.

Pop
What happened with Brian's Tranmission Service as the MOST respected bullet proof tranny? I was thinking of going that route but still needed a shop in seattle that could do the work. Seems I remember there was one in Bellevue that worked with BTS for that. I searched for an old post but no luck.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
What happened with Brian's Tranmission Service as the MOST respected bullet proof tranny? I was thinking of going that rout but still needed a shop in seattle that could do the work. Seems I remeber there was one in Bellevue that worked with BTS for that. I searched for an old post but no luck.
That's what I usually say, but I thought you wanted something more local.

I am 100% BTS.

EDIT: The first darn time I don't say BTS and it turns around and bites me in the arss.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
woodnthings
Postmaster
woodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud of
Give Scott a call at RPM (Rock-Pavement-Mud) He can do the install and usually keeps a BTS or two in stock. He may also have JW transmissions too.

RPM NW: Rock, Pavement, Mud Northwest, LLC - Transmission

Phone is 253-820-3920 and he is in Orting. Not too many others out there that will give you a great transmission and the service Scott does.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Craze
Senior User
Originally Posted by miller_feed View Post
I would post this in the 97 year forum and see what they say.
I would do that but duplicate forum posting is usually frowned upon.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
I would do that but duplicate forum posting is usually frowned upon.
Humm, I never heard that. But, I guess I should read the rules.

I would post it if it was me. Never got hurt from a frown.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Robert6401
Postmaster
Robert6401 is a splendid one to beholdRobert6401 is a splendid one to beholdRobert6401 is a splendid one to beholdRobert6401 is a splendid one to beholdRobert6401 is a splendid one to beholdRobert6401 is a splendid one to behold
What happened with Brian's Tranmission Service as the MOST respected bullet proof tranny? I was thinking of going that route but still needed a shop in seattle that could do the work. Seems I remember there was one in Bellevue that worked with BTS for that. I searched for an old post but no luck.
You can't go wrong with BTS or John Woods. I have the utmost respect for both, I just chose John after I spoke with both of them and just had a gut feeling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmissions in Seattle

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.