Sponsored by:

emissions sticker? Emissions equipment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 10:19 PM
johnmoss304
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 82 Bronco 351w. It's a colorado truck and i have moved to California with it. There is no emissions sticker so it won't pass the visual test. The truck is also missing any original emissions equipment that it had originaly. My Question is : Where or who sells emission stickers that will prove that the truck only needs to meet federal regulations. Also how can i found out what came original on my model year. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Old 04-25-2003, 10:26 PM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Print out the appropriate sticker and tape it to your core support.

If you mean what emissions equipment was originally on it, you'd have to find the "calibration code", which was usually on a white sticker on one of the valve covers.

If you mean what options & components (like engine, axles, seats), get a build sheet from Ford free.

Old 04-27-2003, 01:01 AM
johnmoss304
New User

Thanks for the build sheet advice I think that will definitly help. But, California smog requires the underhood emissions sticker stating whether the vehicle was built to meet federal of california emissions. So with out that sticker as proof of it's colorado birth it is tested based on california standards. I requested a new sticker with that form from ford and I just might get lucky.

Old 04-27-2003, 02:44 AM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you follow the "sticker" link? Did you see these?

If you go there & click on a diagram, it'll zoom in and give you the option to print it.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:42 PM
johnmoss304
New User

Original Emissions stickers stated whether the truck was built to meet federal or california standards. The smog technicians here want to see a sticker stating federal or they won't pass the truck on the visual examination, because the California models had a smog pump. and without the sticker mine also needs to have the pump. I would have just put one on but this would also require different heads, and an exhaust y- pipe. I really appreciate all of the help.
Thanks,