Sponsored by:

I just found my dream truck!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just found my dream truck!

A long time ago, when life was rather different, I saw a white on white Ford Bronco, and fell in vehicular love.

Today, In Chahalis, WA, I came across a white on white Ford Bronco - 1995, that looks body wise, like it just came out of the showroom. I could not see any rust anywhere, so when dreams arrive, what else can you do, other than buy the thing. I decided I would pay whatever the car lot guys wanted for it, just to own my dream - didn't care if it didn't run, or what, so I went with smiling face, and asked "What you want for the Bronco" kind of bored sounding.

"Four grand if we finance it, Three and a half if you pay cash." Large guy looks as bored as me.

"Does a cashier check constitute cash?" me smiling a bit now.

"Oh yeah, anything other than finance"

"Got the keys?" Says me, casually.

he wanders off to find the keys, only to discover he can't find them. Other large guy suggests that they may be in the truck.. So I wander over to the spotless Bronco and climb in. Keys in lock. Doesn't need dealer plates, so a smile to the guy, and off I drive.

The thing started with no effort, no rattles, stethoscope on the engine, nothing rattling. Tranny engages with a reassuring lurch, and we are off. It sounds good, even with the 201,800 miles on it. The seats are leather, the windows are power and work, including the rear one. As I said, I can't find any rust on it anywhere.

After the ride around, i drive over to the bank and get a cashier check for thirty eight sixty five, which includes the tax, tag and other crpp.. Go back to the lot, and give them the check, they now best buddies, and show me lots of other nice cheap vehicles I can go drive.. They have a nineties town car. . . . .

So, now that I am back in the land of the free and living in retirement in WA, enjoying things like I did before, I will frequent a new forum, and bore everyone with tales of my white on white Bronco.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:17 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ok first off do you have any pics

Next, nice deal there we won't be un-appreciative of stories.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
95 desert bronco
Junior User
im with gruesome, great stories like this are hard to come by. especially when its a great truck for only 3500

Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 AM
b4hntn
Posting Guru

Happy for you. If it is a 5.8L you have a roller cam so high milage is not an issue. I suggest avoiding a Fram filter and use 10W-30 oil. Pull codes.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 AM
theologian
Postmaster
Thank you for the info, I have not yet got any pictures worthy of posting - I have an old cellphone with a camera that sucks. I have yet to find my camera and take any decent pictures.

Apparently, it is a 5.8, but I don't know - how to tell by looking at it?

Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
The intake manifiold will say 5.8 or 5.0 on top of it.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 AM
theologian
Postmaster
Thank you. That was easy - 5.8

Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 PM
NewEnglander
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Gratz! Cant wait to see pictures.

That was sorta how I was when I finally found the Bronco I own now. A year after I had my license I knew I wanted pickup either 92-97 or a Bronco from watching videos on youtube, Looking on craigslist for another year and a half I realized I would not be able to afford a pickup (people were asking 5k +). So I decided to go for a Bronco and when I saw this Eddie Bauer in Nashua, NH. Right away I knew I was taking it home. Took me a month but it was worth the wait.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Even with a crappy cellphone camera we would like to take a peek

With my bronco i searched around and was originally looking for a 5.0 mustang fox and after going to see one that looked good from 20 ft away but was a pile up close (20 footer) i moved on disappointed. After looking at different vehicles for a bit my brother wanted me to go with him to look at a 79 bronco he was going to buy and he needed a ride up there. After i looked at it and he bought it (400m with a 4 spd manual) It was big, yellow and a POS:

We were told it had a 460 but it turns out it didn't. After that i thought about how much i loved his 84 he had:

And i decided i wanted one. So after looking a bit, i didn't really like the look of the 90s and late 80s with the plastic headlights and stuff (no offense friends) i just wasn't fond of them. Then i saw this gem in a near by town called Tacoma and i got in touch with the guy, he was at 2200 and when i looked it over and test drove it i talked him down to 2k, i am thinking i over payed but i still am very glad i bought it. I love this truck more than the other 2 vehicles i owned and i have put more work in the 5 months that i owned this, than both my ranger and my mustang combined.

Good luck buddy.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 AM
theologian
Postmaster

Not a very good camera at all - about 1.3 mp in an older design 1x phone.

But, this is it, my amazing Bronco. We spent a couple of hours driving round today, doing chores, and the Bronco did really well, other than the check idiot idiot light came on going up hill on two occasions - I will check the code soon.

Yesterday the overdrive light flashed slowly and put the tranny into limp mode, for about five minutes, then worked fine. The '96 Superduty I had did the same thing on some cold days - what does it mean...

Old 03-01-2012, 02:15 AM
g_k50
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My check engine lite comes on during a cruise downhill, when I expect the EGR valve is supposed to open but it doesn't so the computer calculates a fail.

It always turns off when I restart the truck until the next long cruise downhill, so it's something that I don't worry about.

Sounds like a good deal.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
NewEnglander
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
wow for 201k+ miles its pretty clean. You dont see to many white broncos that are clean anymore.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
deadeyedevon
Posting Guru
Congrats from one white bronco to another. thats a great deal and the 5.8 is a damn strong engine(in my opinion)

Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
theologian
Postmaster
I saw it when I was on the freeway, in Chehalis, WA, and nearly hit the barrier craning my neck to see more. Place was closed, but we were there first thing next morning - I have been thrilled with this Bronco every time I look at it - it is great.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Nice lookin bronco buddy

Quick Reply: I just found my dream truck!