Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Got me a 2012 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with line-x and love it. I just had a rubber bed mat in my last truck and hated it. It would hold dirt and sand under the mat and had to take it out to clean the bed. Never created any rust spots though. Im really happy with the line-x. Really tough. I have thrown bikes and tools in the back with no worries of denting the bed or scraping the liner off. Its sprayed on at a very high temp so it sticks really well. It all depends on whos putting it in as to what kind of quality you will get. The place i had mine sprayed is where my dealer sends their trucks for liners and lifts. Find out where your dealer sends their trucks for aftermarket accessories and go there.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
mirror LEDs at night

Old 03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Pool Runner
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks really nice, you've put a lot of work in such a short time. Since I'm married I have to sort of be sly about my mods. One here then wait a few months you know like after valentines day , then her birthday ....

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Pool Runner
Looks really nice, you've put a lot of work in such a short time. Since I'm married I have to sort of be sly about my mods. One here then wait a few months you know like after valentines day , then her birthday ....
Thank you. I know what you mean. Im married also with 2 kids. 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. She used to get upset about me getting stuff for myself so I figured out a way to calm it down. I just put cooper sst tires on her 4x4 yukon. When I bought my reverse leds i also got her some. the interior lights i already had so she really couldnt say anything about them. I bought her HIDs on christmas so there was no issue with me getting mine. the exhuast was a gift so that was no money out of my pocket. And i pick stuff up for the kids atleast once every couple weeks. She knew when I got the new truck I was going to be doing mods to it.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
As soon as i get my income tax back ill be getting an intake and programmer from 5star. A little over $700. that leaves me with about another 700 to play around with. Im giving her about 3500 of it to do what she wants with it so she really doesnt get mad about the truck stuff to often.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 AM
flixden
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a solution you have found there, but an expensive one, LOL.
Everything now costs you twice as much?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
Its ok. Whatever makes her happy, Happy Wife means happy life right. lol.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 AM
flixden
Posting Guru
True, no kidding.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Pool Runner
Elder User
Originally Posted by 04XLTRUNNER
As soon as i get my income tax back ill be getting an intake and programmer from 5star. A little over $700. that leaves me with about another 700 to play around with. Im giving her about 3500 of it to do what she wants with it so she really doesnt get mad about the truck stuff to often.
Man lucky you, I always end up having to pay every year so tax time is never a lottery in my household. I even have two small kids myself. Matter fact last time I got money back from the govt I was 18 years old and working in grocery just a hair over the min wage.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
ive been pretty close to paying. I was gonna have to pay about 200 a couple years back but then put in the rest of my deductions and got back 200. this year is the most ive ever got back from the irs.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM
ommegang
Senior User
You mentioned b4 that you didn't want a boos intake s as not to void warranty. Will the programmer and tuner not void the warranty? I will be interested on your opinion of the tuner/programmer mod. What's the general opinion of those who done it already? And what about warranty??

Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
None of it will void the warranty if it is not what caused the problem. The reason I don't have an issue with the programmer and intake is that it can be switch back to stock pretty quickly if the truck has to go to the shop for anything. I will update with my opinions on the mods

Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Pool Runner
Elder User
None of it will void the warranty if it is not what caused the problem. The reason I don't have an issue with the programmer and intake is that it can be switch back to stock pretty quickly if the truck has to go to the shop for anything. I will update with my opinions on the mods
I'm interested too on what you think about the tuner after you get it on the truck. My biggest worry isn't what or how much the motor can handle (obviously its de-tuned from the factory for a number of factors) it's how much can the transmission handle. I will be honest, there's not a factory trans under a Ford, Chrysler or GM truck I trust adding anymore power to than what came from the factory. Just saying.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
nice new truck. not a fan of the HID's, but the rest is a beaut. really like the LED's in the mirrors
Originally Posted by Pool Runner
I'm interested too on what you think about the tuner after you get it on the truck. My biggest worry isn't what or how much the motor can handle (obviously its de-tuned from the factory for a number of factors) it's how much can the transmission handle. I will be honest, there's not a factory trans under a Ford, Chrysler or GM truck I trust adding anymore power to than what came from the factory. Just saying.
My 5 (well technically 6 speed) is rated to hold a whopping 570 TQ from factory...many guys are pushing 700+ RWTQ

the 04-07 F-150 4 speed is rated to a measely 300 HP/365 TQ...Roush trusted it enough to WARRANTY it for use with their blowers to make almost 500 HP. Many guys push 500 RWHP/500+ RWTQ all day, every day

the 2010+ Mustangs are making ~400 RWHP from the factory in their 6 speed auto...tuned/supercharged guys are getting well over 500 RWHP

point is, Ford has come a long way with their transmissions. They're damn tough. If anything, good SCT tuning will prolong the life of the trans. From the factory the shifting is sluggish and designed to be soft so people won't whine about it. This leads to heat...which leads to failure.

SCT tuning reduces the shift time, faster shifts = less heat. Win Win. There is a trade-off for longevity if you drive it like you stole it...but for most people this isn't an issue

Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
bleedford
Junior User
04xltrunner when you did the led mirror mod did you set it up so they are just flashers, or did you run a power wire to set it up as a marker light? if marker light, how difficult was it to run the power wire?

Quick Reply: Got me a 2012 5.0