1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Wvo parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wvo parts

Been thinking about getting parts gathered up to do a WVO setup in my rig. I already have electric fuel. I have dual tanks, can one be used for the WVO or do I have to change it, or add another? Been doin some searching and reading but no luck on a decent parts list. IE… check valves and such. Veggiestroke seems to be a sweet kit but very spendy$$$. DIY electric fuel was fun so I figure I would do the same with the WVO. not in a hurry since I haven't started gathering WVO yet. Also got to get mamas 7.3 excursion soon. I will be doin WVO on it too. Any info on a parts list or specific things to avoid would be greatly appreciated. Paid 4.71 a gallon for diesel in Cali the other day. WTH!!!!

Old 02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Just paid $4.07 for diesel here in South Florida today. Do you have a source for WVO? I have thought of doing a WVO conversion as well but I figure by the time I do it and hopefully find sources for oil, I make break even or worse. It takes time as well. Currently I don't have the time or space. Just some things to consider. Not trying to burst your bubble, just relaying some thoughts.

Good luck

Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Just planning ahead for when I get relocated to Washington state. I will have property there and have lots of connections with lots of people so somehow some way I will chase down that precious veggie oil. I am goin to start making some calls and see what I got available. I know a few people who own restaurants so I have possibilities. Thanks for the input.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Originally Posted by Splatts
Just planning ahead for when I get relocated to Washington state. I will have property there and have lots of connections with lots of people so somehow some way I will chase down that precious veggie oil. I am goin to start making some calls and see what I got available. I know a few people who own restaurants so I have possibilities. Thanks for the input.
Sounds like a good time for you, enjoy it! WA is beautiful.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Yes sir it is. Lived there my whole life and can't wait to get moved back. My plan is to start gathering parts and such then when I get back I can start harvesting the WVO and filtering and then go for the install. Should be some fun.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM
VeggieDoug
New User
Any updates with your WVO research, design or plans?

I have been running the 2-tank Greasecar system in my 2001 VW Jetta TDI for the past 2 years. It has been a $ saver to say the least.

In adddition to that car, I'm currently looking for a 1995-1997 F350 SRW Crewcab with dual tanks. With what I have been researching, I'll use one of the stock tanks for veggie and heat it externally with coolant lines from the engine. Will also be using electric/thermal heaters from Fattywagon.com to pre-heat veggie fueline prior to injection pump.

Remember to ALWAYS purge back to diesel before shutting down at the end of your day or if it's going to sit (not running) for greater than 1 hour...depending on outside temperature.

Hope this helps you out and goodluck in your venture.

Oh, using heat and a centrifuge to clean your WVO will save you time and money in filter replacements.