Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Looking for a good shop in the PNW

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:24 AM
stemo76
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for a good shop in the PNW

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1 itxtNodeId="687"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I am looking for a good diesel shop in the Pacific North West. I live just north of seattle and need my truck checked out. I have some mild mods but they include custom tuning and modified injectors. I don't think the dealer is going to be a good place. Issue I am having is smoke and odor at startup. Even excessive odor when warm and parked. also bad economy. I drive it nice but get about 10mpg.

Any recomendations on a real diesel shop that can work with custom tunes?
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->

Old 02-24-2012, 05:12 AM
CAPTAIN DIESEL
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ur cat is clogged...if ya got one

Old 02-24-2012, 05:58 AM
titanminator
Junior User
I've had good luck with west coast diesel in south Everett. Ask for Noel

Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 AM
stemo76
Senior User

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN DIESEL
Ur cat is clogged...if ya got one

No CAT, have the banks exhaust with the EV delete (power elbow). Should't be exhaust restrictions.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 AM
stemo76
Senior User

Originally Posted by titanminator
I've had good luck with west coast diesel in south Everett. Ask for Noel
Wonder if they moved, did a search and it shows edmonds but found thier site and it has everett. Little nervous only found poor reviews. Maybe if you believe in them help them out and post something good.

I will check it out.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 AM
titanminator
Junior User
Originally Posted by stemo76
Wonder if they moved, did a search and it shows edmonds but found thier site and it has everett. Little nervous only found poor reviews. Maybe if you believe in them help them out and post something good.

I will check it out.
Noel is like a little boy with a new toy when pull up to his garage. He works on all diesel engines inuding marine but he really likes as he calls it "the stroker". I had a 7.3 idi and took it to dynamic diesel and they told me it needed a new engine. From there I took it to Noel and he bled the fuel system and got it running for less than a hundred bucks. I'll pm you his number.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:33 AM
stemo76
Senior User

Originally Posted by titanminator
Noel is like a little boy with a new toy when pull up to his garage. He works on all diesel engines inuding marine but he really likes as he calls it "the stroker". I had a 7.3 idi and took it to dynamic diesel and they told me it needed a new engine. From there I took it to Noel and he bled the fuel system and got it running for less than a hundred bucks. I'll pm you his number.
I will stop by next week and talk to them. See what their plan of attack would be.

I have been to Dynomite as well and I didn't think they really gave a damn. I guess that shop has been all cleaned out and setup with new people due to the owners splitting. Maybe its better now I am don't know.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm on the wrong side of "the hump" to have useful information for stemo76, but I'm in the PNW - so I thought I'd post this for other readers that might make use of it.

Joe at Custom Auto & Diesel Performance is "the guy" for non-dealer work in Wenatchee. You won't be able to quiz him very much because he only makes money when he's turnin' wrenches and the receptionist does an effective job of keeping him in the bay.

Town Ford has "the guy" (I think his name is Mike) for dealer-type work. He's a modder and the dealership actually stocks nice mod stuff, including tuners. The Ford dealership does a better job of making the mechanics available for answering questions.

If I have a stock-ish problem to solve, I will use the dealership - but I have to yank the tuner. If I want other work done, Joe really gets it done and I like his pride in workmanship.