92-96 Grille (Fire/Rescue/Ambulance) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

92-96 Grille (Fire/Rescue/Ambulance)

Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
92-96 Grille (Fire/Rescue/Ambulance)

Looking for a grille, chrome or black, with the lights/speaker inserts. I know a lot of the were inserts cut/fitted into stock grilles. IIRC some were formed for those additions.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Posting Guru

gasman6674 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Steve
Dumb question
Have you tried any of the fire/rescue body builders?
I have seen used retired units on the web also
Regards
Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
Well actually I just had the idea to acquire one of these this morning.

Thought maybe someone here had bought up a retired unit and turned it into a civvy model.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Post Fiend

FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.
you'll get finned if you do that to a truck thats not used for emergency purposes.
better check your local state laws.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Elder User

Roger T. Pipe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Many years ago I bought an ex-ambulance cab only, no rear body. It still had the grill that you're talking about. If I remember right, it had a tag on the cab with "Miller/Meteor-Ohio USA" on it. This was a long time ago, but you might want to check & see if they're still around. Sorry I can't be of any more help~
Roger
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
you'll get fined if you do that to a truck thats not used for emergency purposes.
better check your local state laws.
Not if using amber lights. Don't want red and if I used blue they'd throw me under the jail house! Actually the company I work for is a distributor for every major emergency lighting company out there so lights are no problem. Just looking for that "formed" grille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger T. Pipe View Post
Many years ago I bought an ex-ambulance cab only, no rear body. It still had the grill that you're talking about. If I remember right, it had a tag on the cab with "Miller/Meteor-Ohio USA" on it. This was a long time ago, but you might want to check & see if they're still around. Sorry I can't be of any more help~
Roger
Yep, that sounds like the animal!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Postmaster

Still looking ..............

here's one on a Wheeled Coach ambulance.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Elder User

95stepside is a name known to all95stepside is a name known to all95stepside is a name known to all95stepside is a name known to all95stepside is a name known to all95stepside is a name known to all
now why did you have to put this idea in my head?
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 AM
Posting Guru

burnout400m is starting off with a positive reputation.
That actually does look kinda cool, except for the missing emblem. Maybe I'll hit up a JY and try and fiberglass in some foglights.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95stepside View Post
now why did you have to put this idea in my head?
Hey hey, I don't need any competition in my scavenger hunt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout400m View Post
That actually does look kinda cool, except for the missing emblem. Maybe I'll hit up a JY and try and fiberglass in some foglights.
Driving lights, yeah. May be kinda high for fog lights.

My truck has the argent/non-chrome/whatever-ya-call-it grille and I have a spare so I may do a cut & fit until I find the real McCoy.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Posting Guru

carolinaranger90 has a good reputation on FTE.carolinaranger90 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncranchero View Post
Hey hey, I don't need any competition in my scavenger hunt!
too late lol, I'm looking to make my truck into a decent roadside assistance rig, and I use my PA a lot while I'm off-road, I've been looking for one for some time now.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Post Fiend

FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.
you boys can fab up your own you know right?
just get some fiberglass materials and get cracking.you'd be amazed what you can do.
your limited only by your imaginations.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Junior User

publiuss is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gave me an idea too. Those holes for the emergency lights and speakers would be great for offroad lights.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Posting Guru

carolinaranger90 has a good reputation on FTE.carolinaranger90 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
you boys can fab up your own you know right?
just get some fiberglass materials and get cracking.you'd be amazed what you can do.
your limited only by your imaginations.
I can build mean engines, rebuild differentials and properly run clean and safe electrical in cars/trucks, but I am FAR from a skilled craftsman with that kinda thing.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Postmaster

I've been told the Whelen 700 series lights fit the slots, haven't tried it yet. Those and a standard behind-the-grille speaker, if you want a speaker, will probably be loads cheaper.

The 700 Series can be had in halogen, strobe or LED versions.