6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Stereo OEM Amp and LCQ-1 help

Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
FordOD
Freshman User
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Stereo OEM Amp and LCQ-1 help

I'm looking for help on a couple things. I have a JL 900/5 amp and a LCQ-1 on order and plan to install this on my own. My understanding is that I need to tap into the speaker wires, remote wire, 12v, and ground (after the stock amp). Question is, where do I find the stock amp, and then next problem is identifying which wires to tap?

I pulled the panel from below the steering wheel today and couldn't really figure out what was going on down there. I would greatly appreciate if someone could walk me through this step of the install.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:00 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you have the factory subwoofer the amp is mounted on the speaker box which is behind the passenger side rear seat.

Tie into your rear speaker channels with a line level converter which can be purchased at advance or oreilly. This will make a RCA type signal that will feed your 900 amp.

12v main power for your amp should be a fused 2awg line from the truck battery.

Power switch line can be provided by anywhere you get key on power. I used an up fitter that I have on all the time anyway. Better solution would be finding a hot wire somewhere, I don't really know which one though.

I just ran a self tapping screw into the floor under the back seats for a ground.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:55 AM
FordOD
Freshman User
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
If you have the factory subwoofer the amp is mounted on the speaker box which is behind the passenger side rear seat.

Tie into your rear speaker channels with a line level converter which can be purchased at advance or oreilly. This will make a RCA type signal that will feed your 900 amp.

12v main power for your amp should be a fused 2awg line from the truck battery.

Power switch line can be provided by anywhere you get key on power. I used an up fitter that I have on all the time anyway. Better solution would be finding a hot wire somewhere, I don't really know which one though.

I just ran a self tapping screw into the floor under the back seats for a ground.
Thanks for the information. I want to clarify my question a little more. I have already purchased a LCQ-1 and figured I would connect it somewhere under the dash after the stock amp. I'm thinking it should be somewhat accessible since it has equalizer adjustments. Then I can run RCA cables to the back of the truck to plug into the amp.

I'm wanting to know #1: where is the stock amp that I'm tapping into, and #2: wire color identification at that location that I will be using.

Thanks again.