Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Torque Spec: oil galley plug, HPOP hose fitting/Heads

Old 02-11-2012, 04:01 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Torque Spec: oil galley plug, HPOP hose fitting/Heads

I had the torque spec for the oil galley plugs (top of heads) , HPOP hose fittings (heads) and the ICP but now that I am getting ready to replace all the orings on the oil galley I can't find the torque specs. I have already replaced the big oil galley plug gaskets (On the front & back of heads) So if anyone knows what the torque spec is for these please let me know. I want to say it was 18ft/lbs. does that sound correct ?

Old 02-11-2012, 04:35 PM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
ed, im showing oil plugs on the ends of the heads are 60 ft pounds. the side plugs are listed at 53 in pounds seems a little low but that was from roland i just snugged them down. and the hpop line to head conn are 19 ft pounds on the head side not sure on icp i just tightend it. hope this helps wes

Old 02-11-2012, 04:49 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Thanks Wes. Yea I had saved the torque spec from Roland and when I got the torque specs from Bob / Diesel Oring when I bought the orings. But I must have put them in a safe place and now I can't find them. And the plugs I am talking about are the ones that are in line with the hpop fittings on the head. Same orings for plugs, icp and hpop fittings. So I am guessing the torque specs would be the same. You came up 19ft/lbs and I thought it was 18ft/lbs so that sounds about right. Maybe someone else will weigh in to confirm that.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:02 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It doesn't take much. Its an o-ring fitting, tight is just tight. Might want to add a little loctite just for peace of mind.

Barney

Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bfife
It doesn't take much. Its an o-ring fitting, tight is just tight. Might want to add a little loctite just for peace of mind.

Barney
Thanks Barney and at first I thought that is a good idea. But as I went to pull the plugs and hpop fittings I found that both hpop fittings and half the plugs had red loctite on them. Well now the problem is how do I clean the threads without the old loctite falling into the oil galley. I am sure if a piece of old hard loctite got sucked into a injector it would screw it up. So if you never have to pull the plugs, icp or hpop fitting again the loctite is a good idea.
Now with said what I think I am going to do to clean the threads by trying to use a pick and a Qtip with grease on it at the same time to try to keep the old loctie from falling in. And since I won't be able to get all the old loctite off I am going to use alittle loctite again. And if I hadn't already installed the new updates oil galley plug gaskets on the front and back of the heads I would have just taken a clean rag, cut a strip of rag and pull it though with a hanger or a piece of wire (From end to end) and used a tap with grease on it. That way some would stick to the tap and the rest would fall on the rag.
Hindsight
It wasn't leaking but I couldn't leave well enough alone.
But in my defense I have a e99 with 200k and I wanted to change out all orings since the oil galley didn't have oil in it. Next time do the oil plugs, icp and hpop fittings FIRST !!!!!!!!