1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

may as well post a thread for my 1955 f100 resto

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jotram- Impressive metalwork. I probably with have bent that over a sawhorse by now cussing up a storm. You have good metalworking skills.

As for posting on here... Don't expect replies. I've got a huge thread on here I update when i have time to.. I have about 10 or more pics I still need to post up but haven't had the time. I just like to share my build to whoever wants to check it out. If it doesn't get any hits... Eh, oh well.
Another pointer... Post you new pics on a Friday. You'll get more traffic in your thread over the weekend. By monday I'm knee deep into the 'day-to-day' routine and normally not on the computer at all. Matter of fact this is the 1st I've been on since sunday night. Friday night, it's pizza, beer and FTE.

Another thing i want to request from you is to add your location!!! It'd be nice to know there's another WA state brother in the house.

Keep up the good work. I'm a firm believer that the devil is in the details. Some things take longer than others and don't show a huge amount of change but contribute greatly to the quality of the finished product.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jotram
I definatly want to show my work and try to see what others are doing to their trucks ,maybe even get a dam comment once in awhile but the more I post pictures and more time I spend on this site only to see no comments or anything ,the less I even want to be registered on here I'm not getting any more info from Ford truck enthusiasts than mid fifty or f100 central or even speedway. You think I would get some comments feedback or something.....Hate to say it but I have better luck on my facebook page, more people following me and the build , more comments and more encouragement ...One thing I'm learning as I go is that I shouldnt expect any help from no one ,dont expect any tips dont expect anyone to do anything even family online or off . I will just figure it out on my own or call mid-fifty as I need and go . I'm better off calling mid fifty, f100 central, or vintage ford, if I have any questions they've always been a huge help and thats because their selling me something their selling their knowledge, and its worth it , and i'd tell others to do the same. I guess on here its only worthy if you go and spend $10,000 on a frame and suspension only to put a small block in it ..And I dont want to hear about how the frames gonna twist and break in half either because its not boxed . look at your frame and inspect it ! Maybe if your putting 450hp then maybe.. anyways I dont think I will waste my time posting pictures on here anymore.....just aint feeling it anymore.

Seems like you're not feeling the love. Sorry it happened that way. Usually when someone posts a build thread they aren't asking for a lot of advice. If, on the other hand, you post a thread and ask ....you'll generally receive a ton of help on this site.

For the pics, you've already figured out most of what you have to do....the pics have to be posted to a website somewhere. Some use photobucket. I have created a couple of albums here on FTE. Once the pic is on a live website, you post in the http address. The big pics were fine...I prefer those to the thumbnails.

I'm impressed with your cab corner job!! What's the grand plan for your truck (engine, trans, suspension)????

Dan

Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Daddyo's garage
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Your last post woke 'em up! Don't loose heart when you don't get replies. It seems that if you ask questions, you'll get responses. A build post will get a bunch of "watchers", but every time I've asked for advice, I get plenty of feed back. I even got parts I needed for my '55 build! The truck looks great! I'm a believer that it's more fun to do it yourself. Jump in head first and let the chips fly!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:54 AM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Jotram,
Easy over there - I think it's mainly the pictures - they are shrunken down & it's not easy to see any detail. I think the easiest way to get better pics is to bite the bullet & pay the $20 to be a member. The Pic process for members is much easier - you just click on the paperclip thing & post away. You also get rid of most of the advertising..

You look like you are cruising along. If you can tackle cab corners with no patch panels you have some skills going on. Let us know what your questions/concerns are. I think the collective group responds well to "calls for help".

Hang in there!

Ben in Austin

Old 03-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jotram
I definatly want to show my work and try to see what others are doing to their trucks ,maybe even get a dam comment once in awhile but the more I post pictures and more time I spend on this site only to see no comments or anything ,the less I even want to be registered on here I'm not getting any more info from Ford truck enthusiasts than mid fifty or f100 central or even speedway. You think I would get some comments feedback or something.....Hate to say it but I have better luck on my facebook page, more people following me and the build , more comments and more encouragement ...One thing I'm learning as I go is that I shouldnt expect any help from no one ,dont expect any tips dont expect anyone to do anything even family online or off . I will just figure it out on my own or call mid-fifty as I need and go . I'm better off calling mid fifty, f100 central, or vintage ford, if I have any questions they've always been a huge help and thats because their selling me something their selling their knowledge, and its worth it , and i'd tell others to do the same. I guess on here its only worthy if you go and spend $10,000 on a frame and suspension only to put a small block in it ..And I dont want to hear about how the frames gonna twist and break in half either because its not boxed . look at your frame and inspect it ! Maybe if your putting 450hp then maybe.. anyways I dont think I will waste my time posting pictures on here anymore.....just aint feeling it anymore.
Post date 2-13-12 has not been back since. HE MAD