Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shouldnt have used the facebook button to login in from te beginning....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
shouldnt have used the facebook button to login in from te beginning....

everytime i try to used the site i have to login via facebook. wellsometimes it doesnt work. the username and pasword doesnt work as the facebook button had its own email and i have no idea what it uses for a password... try to reset pasword but it sends the email to the facebook app (used by facebook to sign in) to i cant get the email to get the password so i can change the email.... everything just goes in a circle..... and i dont want to create a new account since i just paid to be a supporter.... ad logging in with facebook is getting really annoying.... sent email to webmasters so hopefully they can fix it somehow....

but anyways.... rant over....lol

Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Have no idea if its related or not however I have been having problems loading pages here.

Happens from time to time this site, I leave a while come back see if problem has been resolved.

Know its not at my end per say as it wouldn't effect all computers and yet without effecting any other sites.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
UNTAMND
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When it asks me if I want to loginto the Mobil erosion I say no. It limits visibility of options and it's plain text.
To turn it off I thought there was an option at the very bottom of the page.
Look there. Somewhere there is a decline button or off or a "full site"
It took me a while to figure it out.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnite1987
everytime i try to used the site i have to login via facebook. wellsometimes it doesnt work. the username and pasword doesnt work as the facebook button had its own email and i have no idea what it uses for a password... try to reset pasword but it sends the email to the facebook app (used by facebook to sign in) to i cant get the email to get the password so i can change the email.... everything just goes in a circle..... and i dont want to create a new account since i just paid to be a supporter.... ad logging in with facebook is getting really annoying.... sent email to webmasters so hopefully they can fix it somehow....

but anyways.... rant over....lol
You should be able to go to facebook and break the link with ford-trucks.com by deleing that link.

https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=applications

Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey George, thanks for posting that link. I just got rid of a bunch of bothersome "apps."
And I thought you were just some mean old guy! Maybe Ize wrong about that!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

I can break the link but then I don't have a password to login with. When I try to change password the email used to login is something from Facebook. So I dont get the email to reset the password....

Old 02-09-2012, 12:45 PM
fosgate forever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danr1
Have no idea if its related or not however I have been having problems loading pages here.

Happens from time to time this site, I leave a while come back see if problem has been resolved.

Know its not at my end per say as it wouldn't effect all computers and yet without effecting any other sites.
I get the same thing.

But my facebook answer is not joining facebook in the first place. Glad I didnt go down that road.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
I can break the link but then I don't have a password to login with. When I try to change password the email used to login is something from Facebook. So I dont get the email to reset the password....
Login where FTE or facebook?

You can change your FTE password and email by going to your usercp and changing it.

"Edit Your Details"

Last edited by glruff; 02-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

I can't change the email or password because I dont know what the current one that Facebook uses to log me in is. I tried to reset it but the email it was going to send the password reset to was the address Facebook login used. So I wouldnt get the email to reset the password anyways

Old 02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
You can't change either your e-mail address or password without knowing what your current password is. You will have to have the site admin go in and change the e-mail address on your account. I don't think a mod can do this.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Roger T. Pipe
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fosgate forever
I get the same thing.

But my facebook answer is not joining facebook in the first place. Glad I didnt go down that road.
+1000 on that note! I could not agree with you any more~FB to me is a HUGE invasion of my privacy-I don't need strangers to know where I've vacationed, what I've purchased on Amazon, who I'm chatting with, etc. Man, will I be happy when it just goes away `a la` MySpace. Pure garbage, IMHO.
Roger

Old 02-09-2012, 03:45 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Roger T. Pipe
+1000 on that note! I could not agree with you any more~FB to me is a HUGE invasion of my privacy-I don't need strangers to know where I've vacationed, what I've purchased on Amazon, who I'm chatting with, etc. Man, will I be happy when it just goes away `a la` MySpace. Pure garbage, IMHO.
Roger
I could have NOT said it any better!! The name facebook reminds me of a computer virus....

Old 02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Facebook is how I keep in contact with my family on the other end of the country

Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM
bashby
Post Fiend
I see how it would be a good way to stay close to family and friends alike. My personal opinion though is that we are way too "connected" as a society, JMO. FTE is the closest thing to a social network that I am part of. To each his own.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
fosgate forever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facebook is how I keep in contact with my family on the other end of the country
Phones work well too.

Quick Reply: shouldnt have used the facebook button to login in from te beginning....