Notices
'80-'86 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Calculators, specififications, automotive terms and acronyms.

FAQ - All About clocks

Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
FAQ - All About clocks

Provided by

Digital Clock

Originally Posted by Brad_81Ford View Post
Hi,

I have a 1981 F100 and a digital clock from the same generation truck. There are two harnesses in the truck to the right of the heater controls, but neither will fit the one on the clock I have.

The wires on the clock are black, white with a purple stripe, light green, and brown. One of the two harnesses in the truck has both black and white with a purple stripe, but it also has green with a yellow stripe and blue with a red stripe.

I have really never done any wiring, and wanted to know how to connect the digital clock. Can I just cut the harnesses off and splice the wires together? If so, what do I need to connect the light green and brown wires to?