6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

was gonna buy a f550 dump, now i'm nervous..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fontana
Look guys. This is an enthusiast forum for enthusiasts. I've been reading messages almost daily and I've learned a few things. Some people screw with their trucks and won't admit they did something they shouldn't have. Yes they are work trucks and we have high expectations. I took my new F-250 mudding. Yes I am a retard too.

I have had nothing but good experiences. Some people complain. Some complain constantly. Some have bad luck. All I'm saying is you would find simlar complains on other forums. Consider the audience some have valuable input and more than half bitch like a 16 year old girl.
I guess it just depends on what you are enthusiastic about...I have been on both sides...

Peace

Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fontana
Look guys. This is an enthusiast forum for enthusiasts. I've been reading messages almost daily and I've learned a few things. Some people screw with their trucks and won't admit they did something they shouldn't have. Yes they are work trucks and we have high expectations. I took my new F-250 mudding. Yes I am a retard too.

I have had nothing but good experiences. Some people complain. Some complain constantly. Some have bad luck. All I'm saying is you would find simlar complains on other forums. Consider the audience some have valuable input and more than half bitch like a 16 year old girl.
Very nice post! I couldn't agree more! Reps coming!

Old 01-26-2012, 02:18 AM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tom18287
i'm only running a pickup right now. had an 88 f450 diesel dump that i sold a few years back. best truck i've ever had, still regret selling it. my dad bought it new. that truck would start after sitting for months, EVERY time. what a great engine.

anyway, i want a diesel. gas can't compete with the effortless power of a deisel.
I hear yah. I started with a '76 F150...and still all other trucks must live up to it! LOL!

The 6.7L is a wicked engine...along with the entire truck. Hey...go for the F550 PSD...and enjoy! Just my .02.

biz

Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 AM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buy the truck. I have not seen any systemic issues with this engine. There are a few that have had issues which will happen with any brand - I have seen a lot of speculation and assumption relating to why these failures happened.

I owned the 6.0L for many years and that was an engine that had broad issues and continues to do so. This has been the cleanest and least problematic engine release I have seen in a long time from any consumer diesel. I have just shy of 20K on mine and have had 0 issues so far. Well worth the risk in my opinion.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Fontana
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks. BTW I think I just got some p/t work hauling or towing slabs of granite to make some extra change on the weekends. Any pricing suggestions are appreciated. Now that I start using this truck to haul really heavy things let's see how enthusiastic I remain!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In my business we work up a comprehensive cost per mile analysis that includes hotel and meals. For you I would take a hard look at fuel/tires/maintenance. Come up with a cost per mile figure that pays you for your time as well.

Without knowing how they handle their bill of lading procedures, it's hard to comment on how you should bid a haul. Could be a flat rate based on tonnage or trailer/cargo foot space with a cost per mile adjustment.

Personally I would have a flat rate for a haul that is something like $250 with a 50 mile trip and a $1.50/mile adjustment over the 50 mile standard.

I'm just shooting in the dark here, going rates could be higher or lower, I have no idea.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:14 AM
tom18287
Senior User
if i can stay busy through the winter, hopefully i will be able to get one

Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 PM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dschuffert
Buy the truck. I have not seen any systemic issues with this engine. There are a few that have had issues which will happen with any brand - I have seen a lot of speculation and assumption relating to why these failures happened.

I owned the 6.0L for many years and that was an engine that had broad issues and continues to do so. This has been the cleanest and least problematic engine release I have seen in a long time from any consumer diesel. I have just shy of 20K on mine and have had 0 issues so far. Well worth the risk in my opinion.
X2

Right now I own 7 Ford trucks, two have the 6.7s in them, one is a 350 pickup, one is a 550 with mechanics body and crane. Both are awesome, never have I owned such great trucks, I own some big trucks also. I just ordered a 2012 350 dually pick up, 6.7. I understand there are a small number of trucks with problems and Ford is doing a bad job with the warranty end, but come on these trucks are AWESOME!

X2

I had my 2006 F450 w/6.0 totaled and to replace it with a used 6.0 didnt excite me. So I ordered a F450 the way I wanted it and even though I will now have a payment, no more breakdowns, no more repair bills at least for 5 years or so. A few trucks that got bad fuel is not a reason to not buy that truck. These are awesome!!

Old 04-27-2015, 03:41 PM
mariposabebe
New User
Cool bought a 2008 f550

I bought a truck from HEMBORG FORD IN NORCO, CA. IN FEB. 2014 FOR OVER 30K PUT 10K DOWN .. THE TRUCK BROKE DOWN IN TWO WEEKS. THE ENGINE WENT OUT. THE COMPANY KNEW THIS TRUCKS ENGINES WERE BAD.. FROM 2006 TO 2008 .. FORD HAD A DIFFERENT COMPANY BUILD THOSE ENGINES. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ENGINES WENT BAD. UNTIL 2009 THEY STARTED BUILDING THERE OWN. THE COMPANY WHO I BOUGHT IT FROM .. KNEW THE HISTORY ON IT AND THEY NEVER GAVE ME THAT HISTORY. MY TRUCK HAS BEEN SITTING IN MY STORAGE FOR NINE MONTHS. MEANWHILE I'VE BEEN MAKING 543 PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH. I TRIED CONTACTING THEM AND FORD DIRECTLY. ALL I HEAR IS SORRY WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. REALLY!!!!!OH JUST WAIT. I WILL BE CONTACTING THIS ALL OVER THE NEWS , WEBSITES AND MORE. WE WILL SEE IF THEY HEAR ME NOW.
I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN IN MY LIFE. GOING STRAIGHT TO HINO. /TOYOTA.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:09 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mariposabebe
I bought a truck from HEMBORG FORD IN NORCO, CA. IN FEB. 2014 FOR OVER 30K PUT 10K DOWN .. THE TRUCK BROKE DOWN IN TWO WEEKS. THE ENGINE WENT OUT. THE COMPANY KNEW THIS TRUCKS ENGINES WERE BAD.. FROM 2006 TO 2008 .. FORD HAD A DIFFERENT COMPANY BUILD THOSE ENGINES. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ENGINES WENT BAD. UNTIL 2009 THEY STARTED BUILDING THERE OWN. THE COMPANY WHO I BOUGHT IT FROM .. KNEW THE HISTORY ON IT AND THEY NEVER GAVE ME THAT HISTORY. MY TRUCK HAS BEEN SITTING IN MY STORAGE FOR NINE MONTHS. MEANWHILE I'VE BEEN MAKING 543 PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH. I TRIED CONTACTING THEM AND FORD DIRECTLY. ALL I HEAR IS SORRY WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. REALLY!!!!!OH JUST WAIT. I WILL BE CONTACTING THIS ALL OVER THE NEWS , WEBSITES AND MORE. WE WILL SEE IF THEY HEAR ME NOW.
I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN IN MY LIFE. GOING STRAIGHT TO HINO. /TOYOTA.
First off I'd like to know where you got the stats that every single one was bad. 2nd they didn't build their own till 2011. And finally your truck has been in your storage for nine months and you just now make your first post on it. If you went to the dealer with those facts I wouldn't cover it either. I've never had a problem with Ford backing out of their warranty, knock on wood. The ones here that come to mind are ones that are barely out of warranty but out non the less. Some times Ford goes a little farther and sometimes they don't. As stated we don't always get all the facts just like all of your facts don't line up perfectly. Go to the other forums and tell us which ones have everybody in heavenly bliss.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:10 PM
mariposabebe
New User
from a lawyer and mechanic

Old 04-27-2015, 04:13 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd be finding me a new lawyer and mechanic then.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:13 PM
mariposabebe
New User
BELIEVE ME I HAVE GONE TO THE DEALER THREE TIMES AND THEY DIDNT HELP ME AT ALL. THEY KNEW THE PROBLEM.... I HAD TRIED WITH THEM AND THEY WERENT WILLING TO TAKE THE TRUCK BACK. THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING . SO, NOW I DONT HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO POST THIS ON EVERY WEBSITE AND I ALREADY CONTACTED THE NEWS ABOUT THIS COMPANY.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:14 PM
mariposabebe
New User
THE MECHANIC TOLD ME THAT ITS NOT WORTH FIXING BECAUSE THE ENGINE FOR THE YEAR OF THIS TRUCK WILL BREAK AGAIN.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:26 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Because lawyers and mechanics are always known for their 100% honesty.

BELIEVE ME I HAVE GONE TO THE DEALER THREE TIMES AND THEY DIDNT HELP ME AT ALL. THEY KNEW THE PROBLEM.... I HAD TRIED WITH THEM AND THEY WERENT WILLING TO TAKE THE TRUCK BACK. THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING . SO, NOW I DONT HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO POST THIS ON EVERY WEBSITE AND I ALREADY CONTACTED THE NEWS ABOUT THIS COMPANY.
There is a handy little button on your keyboard next to the letter A. It is called caps lock. Please press it before your next post.

Quick Reply: was gonna buy a f550 dump, now i'm nervous..