Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Just seeing what the Texas chapter is about

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Benny76
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Farmer. How could I get ahold of you? Snuggyworm (that reminds me of a **** flick hahaha just kidding) I may try that. Are you saying ATF to clean it then refill it with the synthetic but less friction modifier. Or run ATF all the time?

Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most of the time, ford rear differentials should specify wif a tag on tat pumpkin "synthetic 75w140". unless u live in cold climate, 75w140 synthetic should be fine. some folks tried using atf wif their rear differential gear fluid and say they're great. i would jus stick to ford specs. if u have the limited slip differential, get 4 oz of ford's xl-3 friction modifier. if dealership dont have it, try napa.

after filling up to around the bottom of the fill plug, which should be about 3 and half quarts, i tink, then add 2 oz of tat friction modifier, drive around, do some tight turns, and see if it's smooth. if it is, tighten the plug to 15 - 30 lbs-ft of torque and ur fine. if it's still slipping, then add the rest of the friction modifier and ur good.

u dont want to add too much friction modifier cos tat will cause ur limited slip differential to become a limited GRIP differential.

yeh i know. the screen name is always unique. it was a lightbulb moment which kinda stuck. lmao.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
red line gear oil is compatible wif ford. u can find 75w140 from amsoil and royal purple too.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
speaking of which, i gotta do my rear, front and transfer case oils as well. burr, i hate work. unfortunately, nobody's gonna do it for me for free.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:21 AM
orionife
Senior User

I hate getting my rear oil changed...
Welcome back to the Texas chapter, we have different titled threads but we spread the same B.S. in most of them! Watch out for Tim, he plays dumb but then he will rattle some Dr stuff off and leaves us common folk scratching our heads...he could be making the ****** up for all we know...lol. Robert drives a Chevy...That is first I have heard of it...he get it emptying a septic tank?

Old 01-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
everybody gives robert a hard time over tat chevy thing. lol.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by orionife
I hate getting my rear oil changed...
Welcome back to the Texas chapter, we have different titled threads but we spread the same B.S. in most of them! Watch out for Tim, he plays dumb but then he will rattle some Dr stuff off and leaves us common folk scratching our heads...he could be making the ****** up for all we know...lol. Robert drives a Chevy...That is first I have heard of it...he get it emptying a septic tank?
Once, when I worked for IBM, we were required to enter a description of what we did as for our job, in the company wide international phone directory database. I correctly used the word Transmogrification in my job description. (Might explain why I don't work there anymore...)

I don't think Robert got the Chevy emptying a septic tank... Unless you mean he cleaned it out after he bought it....

Timothy

Old 01-27-2012, 10:48 AM
farmerdave
Senior User
Ben: U can email my gmail.com: Davidocker286@

Think that would throw a mess of spam my way?

Old 01-27-2012, 11:27 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
I've posted mine here from time to time and never saw to much extra spam, but if it worries you, you can send him a Private Message if that helps and delete that message (or edit it out)

Old 01-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Benny76
Tuned
Lib, that's ok. At least you "listened". Sometimes that's all we need is for someone to hear the complaining. So there is no real mixture in stone for these things with friction modifier/ tranny fluid/ synthetic? Farmer, I won't send you spam. But I can't gaurantee others won't. But I appreciate it. If I get stuck wit me one wheeler peg leg peeler I may have to git ya ta come git me din I'll be like willie and on da road agin. That was a tribute to the snugworm and of course one of the coolest dudes on the planet, my man Willie Nelson. Unless he's high at the Concrete amphitheatre again and the cops bust his band half way through the show! That sucked.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
The only thing is Ford's recommendations but No stone.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Benny76
Tuned
Snug, I appreciate the assist. When I get back next week I will research this and see if I can find a mixture that people use. I'll post back. I'll give it a shot. Either way I'm looking at 1000 dollars for trutracs anyone. Because if I do the back I'm gonna do the front. Time to dust off the ole pinion depth gauge and dial indicator!

Old 01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Not a probably, benny76. We're all here for u pal. Don't be a stranger now. Lol.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 PM
jayft8
Elder User
Originally Posted by Benny76
Lib, that's ok. At least you "listened". Sometimes that's all we need is for someone to hear the complaining. So there is no real mixture in stone for these things with friction modifier/ tranny fluid/ synthetic? Farmer, I won't send you spam. But I can't gaurantee others won't. But I appreciate it. If I get stuck wit me one wheeler peg leg peeler I may have to git ya ta come git me din I'll be like willie and on da road agin. That was a tribute to the snugworm and of course one of the coolest dudes on the planet, my man Willie Nelson. Unless he's high at the Concrete amphitheatre again and the cops bust his band half way through the show! That sucked.
Welcome (back) Ben

reps sent

The tribute to the Snugworm is pretty awesome. Sometimes I find myself wanting to read Dom's posts out loud in an Irish accent like the Lucky Charms leprechaun. With love, of course. The Snug is definitely an awesome member - knowledgeable, helpful, and certainly deserving of tribute. And as if that wasn't enough, he also managed to come up with what is arguably the hands-down best username on FTE.
Come to think of it . . . more reps sent.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Benny76
Tuned
Hi fellas. I made it back from the camping trip. It was pretty fun. Then I towed the semi up the off ramp. That was cool. My limited slip is no doubt toast. It's a limited grip now for sure. I think I will buy some trutraks. Seems to be the only way to go. I would try the tranny fluid mixture but I can't seem to find a mixture that someone uses. Can't be all tranny fluid because it doesn't seem the bearings would get lubed enough.

Quick Reply: Just seeing what the Texas chapter is about