Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone Photoshop for me?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 PM
locknload223
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone Photoshop for me?

I'm thinking about a change. I've wanted new wheels since I bought the truck and really want 18s. Years ago I worked at an off road shop in San Diego and had a regular customer with an early Bronco that was burgundy with all black trim. It looked awesome. So... I'm toying with the idea of going with black wheels and either removing the cladding or finding the dark gray cladding or painting mine black. I'd also lose the chrome on the bumpers either by force or making or buying new ones. Just trying to see which way I want to go.

Can someone with skills Photoshop some options here for me. Maybe no cladding (I guess you could just paint fill the cladding the same color as the body?) with black wheels and bumpers then maybe black cladding with black wheels and bumpers? Thanks. Here's a pic.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 PM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the middle of mine is burgandy with black cladding. Oh, It has 37" BFG's and I took all of the stickers off of the windows.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:25 PM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Cladding:

No Cladding:

Black Cladding:

Never seen the grey cladding, so just guessing as to the color:

Old 01-21-2012, 01:26 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by locknload223
Can someone with skills Photoshop some options here for me. Maybe no cladding (I guess you could just paint fill the cladding the same color as the body?) with black wheels and bumpers then maybe black cladding with black wheels and bumpers? Thanks. Here's a pic.
I forgot about the wheels and bumpers. I don't have Photoshop installed, this is just a few minutes goofing around with Visio. I made the wheels just a bit larger than the ones on the truck...not sure if they replicate 18" or 17"...I guess it depends on what you have on their now!

Original:

No cladding, black wheels and bumpers:

Grey cladding, black wheels and bumpers:

Black cladding, black wheels and bumpers:

Hope this gives you some idea of what it would look like!

Old 01-21-2012, 02:39 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
black bumpers, cladding and wheels are the way to go!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:39 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice work Robert!! Reps sent.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 AM
locknload223
Posting Guru
Thanks a bunch Robert. Can you make the running boards the same as the bumpers and tires in the last pic? The no cladding looks really good too but I'm partial to the last pic. Thanks again!!

Reps sent!

Old 01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
njneer1
Posting Guru

Don't do it Mike ! Your Ex looks fantastic the way it is.......plus you NEVER see the color combo you have......I would'nt mess with the colors at all.....I even like your wheels....but I know you have been wanting to change them.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:55 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by njneer1
Don't do it Mike ! Your Ex looks fantastic the way it is.......plus you NEVER see the color combo you have......I would'nt mess with the colors at all.....I even like your wheels....but I know you have been wanting to change them.
I agree, your color combo is very rare... Changing the rims I can see, but you have a bad a$$ ride now!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 AM
gotgig
Junior User
Originally Posted by njneer1
Your Ex looks fantastic the way it is.......plus you NEVER see the color combo you have......I would'nt mess with the colors at all....
I agree! The color combo is sweet.....

Old 01-21-2012, 10:40 AM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm, after seeing the pics, I like it the way it is. Myabe if I saw it with a very dark glossy black bumpers and cladding I would like it too. I never liked black wheels. They look really bad when they are dirty. KEEP IT THEY WAY IT IS NOW. If anything, just change the wheels.

I know I am going to catch hell for this but... Most people buy black wheels because they don't want to spend the money for chrome or polished wheels. I did say "MOST".... There are a few trucks that would only look good with blach wheels. If you carry a certain theme, then the black wheels are a must.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Is that Chestnut? I really do like that combo with the gold cladding, but then again I do really like the two tone too. Since you already have a bit of a lift on it though, I do think some bigger wheels would look better though.

Robert, very nice job on the photoshop work!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:34 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,079 Likes on 555 Posts
Sound like a lot of cash and trouble to change the look. If you went black, you'd need black running boards too. If it was ugly to start with, maybe it would be worth it to me, but I think you have a sharp looking truck. I could see changing the wheels, best bang for the buck to me in your case.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:29 PM
locknload223
Posting Guru
Awwwwe, you guys really are my friends. Thanks for your honesty everyone.
I suppose if I freshen it up with some 18s it will looks like a new truck. Yes it's Chestnut. I do like it, it is rare... until I saw a stock one driving around town a couple times.

Sunline, I don't think I'd want to go a bigger tire. I'm on the bottom adjustment for my WD hitch draw bar. I know 37s would only bring it up an inch but it's set up really nice now. Thanks again Robert.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Mike, maybe the other one is a gasser and won't be around as long as yours! Oh did I just say that out loud?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can someone Photoshop for me?