6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Onboard Air and Train Horn - VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I strongly advise you to think smartly when using a train horn. The repercussions could be intense (IE using this around pedestrians like a moron, causing an accident or worse yet, an accident with injuries or death).

Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have horns from hornblasters.com as well. I think they have good stuff and was treated with great customer service when I called them a couple times during my order process and install. It's a pretty comprehensive web site, I'm impressed with their catalog. One stop shopping.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:48 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
I strongly advise you to think smartly when using a train horn. The repercussions could be intense (IE using this around pedestrians like a moron, causing an accident or worse yet, an accident with injuries or death).
This is good advice. The horns affect everyone within a 100 feet and are not directional. I can definitely see someone going all road rage after being surprised by a blast. Better to be selective as to when they are used. That's what the relay and upfitter #3 is for.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
GCLL
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
This is good advice. The horns affect everyone within a 100 feet and are not directional. I can definitely see someone going all road rage after being surprised by a blast. Better to be selective as to when they are used. That's what the relay and upfitter #3 is for.
If we don't here back from you, we'll know you blew your horn at the wrong person.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:03 PM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Originally Posted by Sgt93
Here in Houston, Tx if the police hear you blow your air horn they will issue you a citation. Most of the time thay wont mess with you unless its 1am but...... I have for sure gotten some stupid drivers attention!
My son got my old (2003) truck with the air horns and he wont let me have them back, so im looking for a set for the new rig!!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:44 PM
PITS
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can understand the air system could come in handy now and then but the high dollar triain horns I would have a hard time justifying.

So, what I did, pick up one of these off eBay:

Black Air Horn Train Horn Kit Dual Trumpet 12V Car/Truck/Motorcycle Very Loud | eBay

I think I paid $17 for mine shipped. Took out factory horn, and mounted the two trumpets with the factory bracket. Zip tied the "compressor" to the support and ran the hoses. Plugged in the existing horn leads to the compressor and volia'. Instant loud and annoying air horn on demand with a 10 minute install. If the compressor or trumpets go out, it's simple to replace and under $20 buys a whole new kit. No, it is not "train horn loud" but trust me, you won't enjoy standing in front of it and cars scatter when I blast it.

Tried to get pics of the trumpets but the black on black makes them near invisible and impossible to photograph with the grille on.

For air, I just throw a porta-bubble in the back.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Epic...you are really good at doing upgrades and importantly showing how to do them in a great way. Even though I don't have my truck yet I watch every one of your videos and have enjoyed them all. Thanks for being a great contributor to this forum. Great job!

Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
6.7L
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I can definitely see someone going all road rage after being surprised by a blast. Better to be selective as to when they are used. That's what the relay and upfitter #3 is for.
Great mod as usual. Perhaps upfitter #4 can be used to hook up a smoke screen maker for the getaway

Old 01-15-2012, 07:02 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 6.7L
Great mod as usual. Perhaps upfitter #4 can be used to hook up a smoke screen maker for the getaway
Now you're talkin'!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:16 PM
GreenballsFX4
Junior User
Very well done hands down my only question, Is that system ok to be out in the elements and unprotected from road debris? For sure the perfect spot for it just makes me a little worried about protection from that one rock.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by GreenballsFX4
Very well done hands down my only question, Is that system ok to be out in the elements and unprotected from road debris? For sure the perfect spot for it just makes me a little worried about protection from that one rock.
That is on my mind also. I'm going to add an aluminum barrier in front of the air tank drain valve. Like you said, a rock in just the right place will cause some grief. I'm not worried about the compressor. Viar says to keep it away from too much water but I have seen installations like mine that have lasted years without problems.

The horns need a protective plate in front of them also.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:46 PM
uscgmkcret03
Senior User
Great vid, I was waiting for the wife to open the door n yell at you to "Knock it off" when you tested them. LOL

Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
Originally Posted by 6.7L
I was thinking marbles, for the tailgaters.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:37 PM
PITS
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and surface to air missles...

Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 PM
6.7L
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm going to add an aluminum barrier in front of the air tank drain valve. The horns need a protective plate in front of them also.
Rip a piece PVC pipe of appropriate dia. might just work as a rock shield over that area.

Quick Reply: Onboard Air and Train Horn - VIDEO