Notices
Oil & Lubrication  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats Next-After GF-5/SN

Old 04-14-2019, 06:53 AM
jschira
Postmaster
jschira has a good reputation on FTE.jschira has a good reputation on FTE.jschira has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
We finally have a milestone hand raising agreement on the final limits for specifications of GF-6.
For those of you who still believe that oil specifications are written by monkeys in a zoo throwing stuff against the wall, it is interesting to note all of the parties actually involved:

the International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee
Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association
American Chemistry Council Petroleum Additives Product Approval Protocol Task Group (ACC PAPTG),
API Lubricants Group
the Oil Side of AOAP

Of course, many people still believe that these people do not know what they are talking about and the Gospel of Oil was written by Z-Max, Redline or Royal Purple and brought down the mountain on tablets by Mobil 1.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:27 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by jschira View Post

Of course, many people still believe that these people do not know what they are talking about and the Gospel of Oil was written by Z-Max, Redline or Royal Purple and brought down the mountain on tablets by Mobil 1.
Yeah that's true---I mean we all love what we love for the reasons we dream up all by ourselves---me included I'm sure!