Rat77
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The John: Nice color combo, nice truck.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:28 PM
The John
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Thank you! It was my grandfathers and I am trying to keep it in good shape.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:23 PM
mramc1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is my 1977 Camper Special with a 460 and dually conversion in blue and white.

It was used in the movie "The Hammer" about the life of ultimate fighter Matt Hamill. Raymond Barry drove the truck in the movie and Russel Harvard played Matt Hamill.

Here are some pics from the film.

I'm currently working on the truck. Just overhauled the 460 and am restoring it back to stock. I removed the dually setup and am repairing the bed at this time.

Josh Quick
Quick Speed Shop

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 PM
JB78f150
Posting Guru
Don't destroy the fenders because they sell for a fortune.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Rat77
Senior User
mramc1: I don't think I have ever seen a two tone that uses "racetrack" pinstriping instead of actual trim pieces. Is that original from Ford or done by dealer? What is your paint code?

Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
johaner78
Elder User
Ratt77 look closer, there is trim except on the aftermarket fender.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Rat77
Senior User
Yeah I did not see the lower trim at first. I still don't think I've seen factory two tone with the pinstriping inside the racetrack trim or what looks like a smaller two tone panel. Just curious because I am wondering if ford offered it that way from the factory, or did the dealer or owner paint it that way. Pretty cool that the truck was in a movie.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
mramc1 that is my favorite color combo, and I love that pinstriping. Any idea of the color codes?

Old 01-18-2012, 08:03 AM
mramc1
Senior User
The truck has been repainted once. I don't know if the Whimbleton White center was striped like it is now originally or not. When I repaint it I was just going to panel paint it right to the trim. I'd rather have that then the stripe. I have only seen one other truck on here that has the striping around the edges and it was a red and white one. I haven't looked at the paint code, but can look tonight.

As far as the rear fenders they are aftermarket ones from ArrowCraft. I'm pretty sure they are still available new. The whole dually coversion was from ArrowCraft, but I have taken it off and am going to restore the truck to stock. I just rebuilt the 460 and now need to fix the box. Whoever installed the conversion TORCHED the rear wheel openings out right up to the cove and cut thru the center of the rear fuel door hole. I'm ordering the large repair panels from Tabco to to fix it this week. I like Tabco panels. They're accurate, thick, and made in USA.

Josh Quick
Quick Speed Shop

Old 01-19-2012, 07:41 AM
mramc1
Senior User
Originally Posted by jgavac
mramc1 that is my favorite color combo, and I love that pinstriping. Any idea of the color codes?
I looked real close at the paint on the truck last night. Even thought it has been repainted with the striped panel paint I wasn't sure if that was the original layout or not. After looking at the edges of the doors and bed I was able to see that the white was indeed painted originally with the pinstripe inside the aluminum trim. I don't know if this was some special paint scheme for '77 or what the deal is. I assume the white was painted on from the factory because of the trim on the sides of the truck. I don't think someone would order a truck with 2-tone trim in one color. I also looked at the paint codes and it looks like I S. Does anyone know the color names for these codes?

Josh Quick
Quick Speed Shop

Old 01-19-2012, 09:25 AM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Josh, That's pretty cool your truck was in a movie and thanks for sharing those great photos, I'd love to see more behind the scene shots with your truck if you have them.

Maybe we need to start a new post. I'm in the business and although I managed to get my work vehicle (05 Black Suburban) in many shots I still have not gotten "Candy Cane" in anything.

OK back to the thread.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 AM
jgavac
Cargo Master
I 7 would be Bright Medium Blue and White

Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Woah I swear that said I 7... I S would be Bright Medium Blue and Bright Dark Metallic Blue.. Which wouldn't explain the white

Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
mramc1
Senior User
Originally Posted by jgavac
Woah I swear that said I 7... I S would be Bright Medium Blue and Bright Dark Metallic Blue.. Which wouldn't explain the white
I can look at the code again to make sure the door tag matches the truck (which I'm sure it does). I am positive the paint code is I S though. The truck has no evidence of ever having dark blue on it anywhere, just blue and white.

Josh Quick
Quick Speed Shop

Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM
mramc1
Senior User
Originally Posted by mramc1
I can look at the code again to make sure the door tag matches the truck (which I'm sure it does). I am positive the paint code is I S though. The truck has no evidence of ever having dark blue on it anywhere, just blue and white.

Josh Quick
Quick Speed Shop
Well after looking really close at the paint as I was patching my box sides this weekend I finally figured out the original paint. The truck was indeed Bright Medium Blue and Dark Poly Blue, I and S. The Dark blue was on the roof only. I found evidence of it under the trim and the drip rail. What this truck was originally was all medium blue with no different color inside the race track. Only the roof was dark blue. At some point the roof and inside track were painted Wimbleton white with the pinstripe around the edge. Then later the truck was painted again with the Medium blue/Wimbleton white scheme again. This explains why the tail gate is a solid color and not two-toned.

I think I am going to leave the Wimbleton white in the center and roof as it looks good. Solid color trucks with the race track trim also look goofy. I;ll be painting the box when I finish the panel repair work, but will do the whole truck at a later date.

Josh Quick
Quick Speed Shop

Quick Reply: Show off your two tones!