Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

January Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:33 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89 f350, 7.3/5spd 12' utility bed 250k miles $1500. Just a little update since I did go look at it.

Honestly the guy has a pile of parts worth $1500 on wheel but not a truck thats worth $1500.

Saw 4 or so somewhat new glow plugs plus a can of starter fluid in the seat that was new. One of the injector lines is loose at the injector. r/s rear valve cover has a slight leak but the rear main is the bad oil leak. P/S has a REALLY bad leak. Clutch is messed up as you have to put the pedal INTO the floor to get it in gear & when you shut it down the clutch assembly or dualmass flywheel is making one hell of a racket. Its a dual fuel tank set up. BooKoos of storage in the bed. Nearly new full set of tires.

To be honest I knew as soon as I got out of the truck & heard it running to get back in the truck & go home. I guess its just something I prefer to do, look at & start a cold motor, since I got my 6.9. Oh well.

Hopefully I can find time today to go look at that tractor & tiller.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:35 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Well, I looked at the tractor/tiller Saturday night after fixing a flat on my '94. It was dark & the only ID I found was "Town & country" on the sides of the hood. Googling it got me to 3 or 4 companies in the late 60s or early 70s that made it. Hydro stat drive, electric/hydro lift, tiller is like 3 foot wide which is a twice as much as I have now. I did find out that the old "Ford" lawn tractors were made by the same company(s). Just gotta decide if I want to go through the whole thing to re-freshen it or get it going & fix stuff as I need to then wait until next winter & tear into it.

Picture below is along the lines of it.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Afternoon gentlemen, sorry I haven't checked in more lately. Been a little busy with life away from FTE (I know, who knew it existed) and what time I have been online I've been trying to keep up in the 6.0L forum with the latest & greatest. You want to talk about a temperature swing...67F yesterday...it was 39F when I went to work at 0400 this morning; it was 36F when I got off work at 1430 a couple of hours ago. And the sun was out pretty much all day today.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Just gotta decide if I want to go through the whole thing to re-freshen it or get it going & fix stuff as I need to then wait until next winter & tear into it.
I say, freshen it up now since we're still in the off season. That is unless you think it's going to take you more than 2 months...then I say wait until next November.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Will P.
Senior User
The power plant is all good! I have been busy with the kids ball games so I haven't been around here much. I have a lot to do as soon as I can get to it.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Good Noon everyone. I think we have 2 chickens laying eggs now. My wife got one last night & I got one this morning when I went out to feed & set up the heated water. Which I just now remembered to turn on.

Last night was a LONG night. Spent over 6 hours grinding, cutting, cussing, welding & burning holes in my shirt, pants, arm & legs just to fix a trailer. 2 of the 7 aluminum cracks I had to go back & grind down to do again cause some ******* swapped the regulators to the wrong tanks. I thought I just had 'bad' settings but with all the adjusting I did, nothing helped.

Originally Posted by zhilton
I say, freshen it up now since we're still in the off season. That is unless you think it's going to take you more than 2 months...then I say wait until next November.
With how Ive been doing stuff a 1 month 'freshening' would be finished about Christmas. Im thinking about just getting it going & fix stuff as I need then tear into it next winter. Plus I need to get out back & get the new plot tilled up again cause the grass grew back at the end of fall enough to barely tell where I tilled.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Afternoon everyone, today has been one of those days I really...REALLY dislike my job. The sitting around waiting just drives me crazy. (no comment needed from the peanut gallery)
Good Noon everyone. I think we have 2 chickens laying eggs now. My wife got one last night & I got one this morning when I went out to feed & set up the heated water. Which I just now remembered to turn on.
So you would have had more eggs if the water wasn't frozen? Could have had an omelet instead a side of scrambled eggs.
With how Ive been doing stuff a 1 month 'freshening' would be finished about Christmas. Im thinking about just getting it going & fix stuff as I need then tear into it next winter.
I know exactly what you mean, I double the estimate for my projects compared to what the "experts" say it will take. It never fails something comes up after I get started that takes longer than it should have in the first place.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Howdy Arkansas FTE. I'm trying to visit EACH state to see IF any of y'all can help me here. Got a buddy who collects license plates & last year he decided to try to get a collection for his neighbor (autistic/special needs boy). List at the bottom is just what he needs to complete it. ANY & ALL plates are welcome. He says the boy likes getting them from anywhere. He will gladly reimburse postage if you want. Just drop a note in with the plates & put your name & address on it. If any of y'all can help, P.M. me for his address. Thanks in advance!

AK, DC, ID, IA, KS, ND, OR, SC, & VT

Other plates will gladly be accepted as well.

He only has 2 Canadian plates at this point (NS and QC) so they would be greatly appreciated from our Canadian friends too, or the members from overseas even!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Wow, this thread is just about dead. No post in four days.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
It's not dead yet

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dGFXGwHsD_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 01-27-2012, 10:30 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Being lazy & coping from Facebook.

'82 F250 is finally sold!!! Just took 4.5 months. Now to drag up my '90 F150 to the front yard & get it ready to sell.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Evening gents, too bad we can't get the same turn out in our monthly thread like is showing up in the March GTG thread.
Originally Posted by tojoski
It's not dead yet
Oh brother...I walked right into that one.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:53 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Well, looks like I've managed to BS my way to 3000 posts. I'm sure some would consider it an accomplishment. I think it means I spend too much time at the computer....hazard of the job I reckon; sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.
Being lazy & coping from Facebook.
Congratulations on getting the truck sold! Going to save up for a new SuperDuty with that powerhouse 6.7L under the hood? I hear Jeff loves 'em and can wait to get one of his own.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
Congratulations on getting the truck sold! Going to save up for a new SuperDuty with that powerhouse 6.7L under the hood? I hear Jeff loves 'em and can wait to get one of his own.
Thanks.

Oh hell no, damn trucks are to F'ing ugly!! The best looking newer truck is the 99-03 SDs. With that front clip change in 04 or so & since then its been down hill for looks. Same with chevy & dodge.

I am expanding my search up to 03 for a chassis for my F100. 3/4 ton or single wheel 1ton 2 wheel drive, IDI or PSD auto.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:13 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Oh hell no, damn trucks are to F'ing ugly!! The best looking newer truck is the 99-03 SDs. With that front clip change in 04 or so & since then its been down hill for looks.
The first change was '03 when they tweaked the headlights/turn signals. Went to clears. Then the grill/headlights/bumper were changed in '05 and stayed the same until the big change with '08 trucks. I've been told '99 and up use the same axles and bolt pattern for F250/F350. I think the '11 & '12 look sharp if they're a KR or Lariat. The XL/XLT just are too plain for me. Had a rancher with a CC '11 F350 blow our doors off yesterday pulling a gooseneck. I say blow our doors of...the van is restricted to 65 mph per-company policy. This guy wasn't letting the grass grow under him. And the only way I could tell it was a PSD was the door badges...no turbo or diesel clatter when he blew by.
I am expanding my search up to 03 for a chassis for my F100. 3/4 ton or single wheel 1ton 2 wheel drive, IDI or PSD auto.
That would be an interesting project to say the least. I'm serous, good luck and I'd love to see pictures of it when your able to start putting parts together.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks.

Oh hell no, damn trucks are to F'ing ugly!! The best looking newer truck is the 99-03 SDs. With that front clip change in 04 or so & since then its been down hill for looks. Same with chevy & dodge.

I too would love to see the F100 PSD. I've seen jeeps with 7.3's Mid 90's bronco's, and late 70's Fords, love them all. I don't like the looks of the new ones either, however the power is phenomenal, 2 trucks at a diesel event with 6.4's threw down 700+ HP with mild mods.

Quick Reply: January Chat/All Topic Thread