6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

AirLift Wireless air will not deflate

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
I'll add that each time I had a problem, the only way to clear out the system was to pull the hose at the manifold.

Both my manifold and compressor were mounted in the cab behind the back seat, no weather issues.

When it works though it is really great and a great feature, especially for me. I have a steep driveway and I need to dump all the sir just to get in or out.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porthole, when did you purchase your kit? We do offer a 2 year warranty, just wanted to make sure you are actually out of warranty.

When you say the controller will not connect can you tell me what controller and manifold you specifically have? Since they will not communicate does that mean you do not know if the new manifold is actually working correctly or not?

Just trying to see if there is anything we can do to help you get back online.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by AirLiftCompany
When you say the controller will not connect can you tell me what controller and manifold you specifically have?
I have the "Wireless Air" kit.
Air Lift Company WirelessAIR; Leveling Compressor Control System - Load Support On Board Air Systems

The system worked fine for almost a 1.5 years. I had a problem with it at the beginning of last summer and the manifold, relay and wiring harness were replaced under warranty.
I never got the new manifold to register with the controller and I cannot get the old manifold to operate on both sides.

Currently I cannot get the system to work at all.

At the time I didn't "need" the system, but I wanted to hook it up to my air ride 5th wheel hitch (Hensley with two Air Lift bags in it).
It was a new truck at the time and I didn't know whether I was going to add air springs to it

It is a little frustrating, and I could see it not lasting very long if it was mounted under the frame, but the compressor and manifold were mounted in the cab.

Since they will not communicate does that mean you do not know if the new manifold is actually working correctly or not?
That is correct.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 AM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Let me pass your information along. I will see if someone in house knows the best way to trouble shoot the units not communicating.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Let me pass your information along. I will see if someone in house knows the best way to trouble shoot the units not communicating.
Mike,

I answered your PM with the name of the person who helped me last summer.

As far as troubleshooting, I'm done.

This is a $600+ kit that is now useless to me, so I have all the parts boxed up and will be sending it off.

Can you supply me with an address for service?

Thanks,
Duane

Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
I sent you a PM with the shipping address.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:57 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Mike,

Thanks for the getting me the correct address, my unit was repaired.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Bryishre
Freshman User
air lift wireless air

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I am have the same problems somewhat lol. I ordered my kit some time last year and just installed it this past weekend. When i put the 15 amp fuse in it commpresor constantly runs. when it runs it sounds like there is air put put put out the drain valve on the manifold. got it linked up and the compresser turned off. then added air to the bags same thing it would inflate the bags some but you still hear the put put put from the relase valve. never stopped runing. Then went to deflate the bags and compresser turns on again. Everything is wired up corectley. Then the connection failed and it has not connected since. all my friends say it sounds like the manifold is bad. Thanks for your time.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:11 AM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Have you contacted our warranty group at all yet? I will forward your Problems onto our group. One way or another we should be able to get you taken care of.

Do you by chance know what month you bought the unit?

Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Bryishre
Freshman User
Do you by chance know what month you bought the unit?[/quote]
No i have not contacted them yet with the hours i work its hard to get home within the hours i work. I bought it sept 2011 but on my box it have a sticker on it.
Number72000 gross wt. 7.005 lb Date 03/13/2011

Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Everyone will be back in the offices tomorrow so I will potentially here something back then. I will get back with you as soon as I find out something. Thanks for your patience.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Bryishre
Freshman User
Not a prob. I got plenty of paitents and again thanks for your time.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ouch, and I am supposed to get bags this week

Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 AM
RogerM
Junior User
After reading some of the troubles that some Aare having with the deflating when I did my install of the wireless I put a T and manual fill valve for each bag on the bumper so incase the problem comes up I can still deflate the side that doen't work. I've been using the bags a lot recently getting fire wood. Brought in 6 cords, so lots of up and down with the bags. Have only had the wireless on for 3 or 4 months, all has been just fine.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:57 AM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
With a build date of 3/2011, you would have the first generation of wirelessAIR that some units have experienced issues. What our tech group suggests is with the truck on and power to the unit, disconnect the air springs and apply shop air to the compressor port of the manifold.

If that doesn't seem to work, the best suggestion would be to just call our tech help line at: (800)248-0892. They should be able to get a better understanding of your specific situation and walk through any fixes.

Quick Reply: AirLift Wireless air will not deflate