Sponsored by:

Center Console CD Insert

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Center Console CD Insert

Is that a coin holder I see to the right of the CD inserts?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, it is kinda missing in action...

On a related note, I'm shocked at how many Excursions I've looked at where people struggle to get the tab in the back in the slot in the console. But then I'm really **** too. FWIW, I only ever put the key in the ignition one way too.

Before I installed Homelink in the black one, I took the coin holder out, stuck it in the bottom of the console, and kept my garage door opener in that spot. Since they say on the news it isn't a good idea to keep it on the visor.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:50 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
Yeah, it is kinda missing in action...

On a related note, I'm shocked at how many Excursions I've looked at where people struggle to get the tab in the back in the slot in the console. But then I'm really **** too. FWIW, I only ever put the key in the ignition one way too.

Before I installed Homelink in the black one, I took the coin holder out, stuck it in the bottom of the console, and kept my garage door opener in that spot. Since they say on the news it isn't a good idea to keep it on the visor.
I'm not following...this doesn't sit on the top of the console pocket, like a tray?

I ask because I've removed the 6 disc CD changer, but I have my VHF/UHF mounted in the 'front' part of the console...inside but up against the front of it.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
It does, but the tab on the back side is supposed to slip into a little slot for it at the back of the console. I put it in at a bit of an angle, tab first and then set it down on top there. I never figured out exactly what the purpose of that tab is though. The tab is for the whole insert part, not the coin holder.

The coin holder (missing in the eBay one) fits into that hole on the front of this insert. It's a rectangular thing, probably about the size of a roll of quarters but square.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:03 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
It does, but the tab on the back side is supposed to slip into a little slot for it at the back of the console. I put it in at a bit of an angle, tab first and then set it down on top there. I never figured out exactly what the purpose of that tab is though. The tab is for the whole insert part, not the coin holder.

The coin holder (missing in the eBay one) fits into that hole on the front of this insert. It's a rectangular thing, probably about the size of a roll of quarters but square.
OH! Thought the coin holder was just between that hole and the cd inserts (on it's side basically).

I wonder if that tab is there to keep it from sliding forward/backwards in the console part when you hit the gas/brakes?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
On a related note, I'm shocked at how many Excursions I've looked at where people struggle to get the tab in the back in the slot in the console.
Yeah, what's up with that?

When we bought our Ex in '04, that tab was bent upwards. I was like, "WTF, stupid previous owner can't take the time to put the tray in properly???"

I put it in at a bit of an angle, tab first and then set it down on top there.
Yep, exactly how I do it.

Stewart

Old 12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
When I went into the rollover's for the first time, the tab was completely bent up and the thing was almost pushed down on purpose to jam it in. I fixed that now

Old 12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
why would you put the garage opener there when they have the special compartment on the overhead console for one? Mine has homelink, too, which I think can be programmed to open a garage door, though I don't have one.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
My overhead is broken. The hinge and latch were broken. I got a latch piece for it and made my own hinge up, but it's too fragile to use on an every day basis.

Plus, I park in the 3rd stall, so I usually open both doors to go out and then in again to the house.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 AM
airjeff
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Yeah, what's up with that?

When we bought our Ex in '04, that tab was bent upwards. I was like, "WTF, stupid previous owner can't take the time to put the tray in properly???"

Yep, exactly how I do it.

Stewart
LOL, our Ex came without one. So I bought it and a week later my wife had the tab bent straight up. After I pointed that out we haven't had a problem.