Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great pic Sunline!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's an update from today.

The day started out rather rough. My dad went out early, earlier than I was awake, and started plowing the little bit of snow from last night. He was walking to put a little salt down and slipped and fell. Then, as he was in pain and putting everything away, the power went out. He waited a half hour and it still didn't come back on, so he came home.

He took the rest of the day off from it, but I went out this afternoon and hoped the power would be back on. It was, and I got lots accomplished. Basically, I got the rest of the dash harness(es) removed, the accelerator pedal, air bag module, etc. Then, I worked back and took up the front carpet and back carpet both. I also removed the remnants of the rear quarter window frames (these are usable but the window mounting area was cracked out of it and left on the window because we didn't know how to remove them).

My dad had intentions of re-assembling his engine stand and he also wanted to work on removing the brake booster assembly. I had to disassemble part of the stand to take it out last weekend because he made it about 42" high and the rear of the Excursion had about 38 at the very most, and then I'd have to remove the 3rd row seat and fold the second row even if it did fit.

The brake pedal assembly is still in because the socket set I had in there with me only went to 11mm, and I needed a larger socket for that, so I just moved onto other stuff instead of getting out to go get that socket.

I think basically all that's left inside to take out is both A/C systems (front and rear), the front to rear wiring harnesses on each side, the brake pedal assembly, and the LR plastic which is only held in by the two seat belts going through it that I need to cut the floor brackets off of in order to get them out. Turns out my dad brought the saw home, so I couldn't do that today.

Here are some pictures, including some of the front seat wiring harnesses for John.

Looks like a body mount bolt:

The cart, as I left it last weekend, waiting to be reassembled.

Motor mounts, ready to mount on the cart:

Most parts back on the engine, lookin purty:

After sending an e-mail to that other church, I realized I screwed up. The CD wasn't from the same place that most of the church bulletins were from that I found inside. I also found this pen, and saved it. I just remember that the other day, so I grabbed it tonight and took a pic. I have an e-mail out to this pastor now to see if I can get any answers.

Picture of the family, that I assume were the previous owners. I found this inside too when I got it, but forgot to take a picture of it until now. Since it got wet, it's getting moldy and I'm not sure I'll be able to save it.

Jon

Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
did they die in the rollover?

Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
copracr
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b-uno
I think you should give the number to b-uno, let him deal with the crying family

Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Originally Posted by b-uno
I don't believe so. I actually just got an e-mail from the previous owner, and he didn't indicate anything of the sort.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Did he give you details of the collision?

Stewart

Old 01-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
No, I asked him that in my response. I'm kinda curious just so I know how to avoid rolling mine...

He did confirm the batteries and alternator were new last year early summer.

I did include a link to this thread too

Old 01-29-2012, 12:12 AM
jwronski
Senior User
Nice work today Jon. I looked at the seat sections of the wiring harness and it does not appear from the pictures like the seat plugs plugged into the harness nearby. It looks like they are more integrated than I was hoping. Good luck with the rest of the work and I hope your dad is feeling better from his fall.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Jon, do you still have the rear side window motors? The ones that push the windows out about 2-3 inches. Do you know if they still worked?

Old 01-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Originally Posted by robbragiel
Jon, do you still have the rear side window motors? The ones that push the windows out about 2-3 inches. Do you know if they still worked?
I have them, but the passenger side one has the piece that clips onto the window broken. I have the piece, and it could be glued back on if needed.

I didn't test them. It was one of the few things I forgot to test, and when I realized I forgot, the overhead console was already out along with quite a few other parts.

I've been thinking about using the driver's side one in my black one. It isn't dead yet, but for some reason it doesn't always work. I like to open those, but I don't in that one because sometimes that one will work and other times it won't. Usually tapping it with something will make it work though. I've never pulled it apart in depth to see if it is easily repairable. If you're interested in trying to repair/clean the one and then the one broken one from the wreck, I'll make you a great deal on them. Send me a PM if you're interested in that. I haven't swapped them yet since the spare tire and all that has to come out to get to it, but I could quickly. Assuming the plugs are the same for the left side to the right, I could test that right side motor while I'm at it.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Mine are doing the same thing, sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. Would hate to open the windows and then couldnt get them to close and then a storm rolls in. Keep them for yourself but let me know if there interchangable from Lt to Rt and vise-versa and if there easy to swap out and if you do break one open and it looks like an easy fix let me know. Thanks Jon

Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Originally Posted by robbragiel
Mine are doing the same thing, sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. Would hate to open the windows and then couldnt get them to close and then a storm rolls in. Keep them for yourself but let me know if there interchangable from Lt to Rt and vise-versa and if there easy to swap out and if you do break one open and it looks like an easy fix let me know. Thanks Jon
They don't seem to be interchangeable in terms of mounting. I was just referring to plugs.

Best thing I've found, to either get the one out or get it in, tap it with something. Like the handle end of a screwdriver. With mine, it has always worked, though sometimes after the second or third try.

I'd leave them alone, but I fear someone would come test drive it when I go to sell it and try that window only for it to not work or not come back in for them.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 AM
UpAndOverUpAndOver99
New User
great thread just cant wait to read more!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Love all the pics! In the pic of the family looks like mom way over on the right isn't having a good day.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Great thread, REALLY appreciate the pictures of the stripped interior.
Very helpful!!!!!

Quick Reply: 7.3 PSD Swap Project into 2005 V10 Excursion