Ready Remote (DEI Viper) Remote Start on Sale $30.00 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Reload this Page >

Ready Remote (DEI Viper) Remote Start on Sale $30.00

Notices
General Automotive Discussion

Old 12-25-2011, 08:28 AM
shorebird
Post Fiend
shorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputation

Old 12-26-2011, 01:32 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
rikfish is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just placed an order for this unit, but am going to cancel in the morning. Good price on the basic unit, but with the additional costs of a PATS over-ride module it isn't that great.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:45 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Well, they shipped the unit before I could cancel. Apparently their offices were closed today while the "warehouse" was open. The bargain will cost me about an additional $80 or so... i think this is the same company that sells Bulldog systems. I bought two of their remote starters in the past. The first was not an easy install, while the second was very easy once they sent me the correct harness kit. They don't offer the pluc in harness kit now.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
shorebird
Post Fiend
shorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputation
Take a programmed key and hot glue it in the column as close to the key hole as possible.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:05 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I'll give it a try. I wonder if I do as you suggest, and test it with a non programmed type key before installing the remote unit. Also, if it works, I'll cut the glued key down so it won't work in the ignition.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:37 AM
shorebird
Post Fiend
The key needs to be programed so that the vehicle can read the transponder code allowing the vehicle to start.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I understand your idea. I will have the programmed key in place, use a non programmed key to see if it will start the truck. If the programmed key in proximity will fool the system, I would expect a plain key would work in the ignition.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 PM
shorebird
Post Fiend
Keep us updated please.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:55 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I will, but I doubt if I will install it very soon. I have some much needed work to get done on my 68 Mustang. Replacing rear springs for one. I did get notified by USPS that the remote has been processed at the Denver facility, so I certainly can't complain about their customer service regarding shipping.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Furyus1
Postmaster
Furyus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputation
It's gone up to $41.99...

I've been wondering how these would be installed on a Ranger with an M5OD - is there an override for the clutch needing to be engaged? lol...

Old 12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I don't think any after-market remote starter kit is for manual trannys. Think how much fun it could be chasing your truck down the street, or maybe through you garage...

Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
After reading up on how the PATS system works, I doubt if placing the key anywhere other than in the ignition would work. I suspect the key with the transponder needs to be in very close proximity of the ignition since there is a coil in the ignition key lock that energizes the transponder chip in the key. I'll give it a try any way since I will need another programmed key for the bypass box.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
96mustangV6
Junior User
96mustangV6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone order these. Bein $170 off sounds too good. I was goin to order 2. 1 to replace mine cause it acts weird and 1 for wifes mazda 3.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:40 PM
ToMang07
FTE Chapter Leader
ToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant futureToMang07 has a brilliant future
Did you ever get/install this kit?

Anyone?

Hows it work?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:50 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I ordered 1, not going to be able to install until later. You must remember that if your truck/car uses the PATS key, you have to buy the extra box to fool your system. That's why I have to wait, $$$.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ready Remote (DEI Viper) Remote Start on Sale $30.00

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.