How to hook up an Ipod - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

How to hook up an Ipod

Old 01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Elder User

Tennesseepowerstroke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The volume drops with the installs I have done with the PIE adapters. I just installed an Isimple in my daughters Escape and I haven't noticed a drop. I installed a USA Spec adapter in my F350 and there is not any noticable drop in volume. The USA Spec is the easiest and slickest I have used. It has two outputs and doesn't require any splicing. The hot and ground are provided from the factory harness. It is a little pricier but I would use it again.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
There was an adjustment on the PIE adapter. It's in the directions.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
New User

duramaxthis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
There was an adjustment on the PIE adapter. It's in the directions.
which is what, the gain ****? already adjusted that to max sound output
Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Postmaster

TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.
the iSimple does not require any splicing either (for 2008 at least)
Old 01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaxthis View Post
which is what, the gain ****? already adjusted that to max sound output
Yes, that would be it.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Senior User

erniek70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tennesseepowerstroke - USA Spec Adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseepowerstroke View Post
The volume drops with the installs I have done with the PIE adapters. I just installed an Isimple in my daughters Escape and I haven't noticed a drop. I installed a USA Spec adapter in my F350 and there is not any noticable drop in volume. The USA Spec is the easiest and slickest I have used. It has two outputs and doesn't require any splicing. The hot and ground are provided from the factory harness. It is a little pricier but I would use it again.
Which USA Spec adapter did you use? The BT45-Ford1 Bluetooth adapter states they will not work with an SD older than 2007. I have a 2005 with the factory 6-disc changer without the MP3 script on it. Was hoping the BT45-Ford1 would work anyway.