Sponsored by:

How long did your build take?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ErrorS
I just had to buy my Bronco shoes.. luckily my girl knows how to put her own darn shoes on at least.
Ok, ya got me...$4-500 for new shoes...ONCE EVERY 2-3 YEARS....Not next week....BIG difference...

Old 12-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
How do you figure? The truck/bronco doesn't need new shoes/purse every lil whipstitch.....And doesn't stand with its' hand out for your paycheck...
No it needs oil/filters/fluids and the big one-gas, on a regular basis. Not too mention if something breaks on it. However, I have been single all my life (I am 53) so I have no experience in how much a female costs.

Jim

Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Nighteyez
No it needs oil/filters/fluids and the big one-gas, on a regular basis. Not too mention if something breaks on it. However, I have been single all my life (I am 53) so I have no experience in how much a female costs.

Jim
My bad...Auto-rag.....Well....

A female, when highly pissed, will break stuff, and generally make you want to strangle her guts out....

And add in her monthly.....And HOLY MOTHER OF GOD...... Freakin' She-Hulk comes out....Put her mother in on TOP of all this, and it'd make a preacher wanna cuss, and get **** faced drunk....JUST to cope...

So, with the vehicle, your life is a LOT easier...

No mother in law to tangle with, no parents to **** off.....And best of all, none of that telling you how to do everything, when they have no clue....

So yes, aside from the ONLY thing, that the vehicle lacks, and the woman can do.....It's pretty clean, cut and dried...

And that ONE thing that the woman can do, that the vehicle can't....The vehicle wil drive ya around to get it....So its a win-win...

Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Tru Dat!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:43 PM
ErrorS
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of she-hulk.. I dunno how she does it, two years in a row. Just tried to go shopping, absolute hell I swear. Everything from how I was pushing the cart to me loading up the items to how I pay. If I was standing in the wrong position at the checkout she would flip out on me. I also have absolutely ZERO say in the gifts being bought, and when I do voice my opinion she flips out and walks out of the store with a cart full of stuff left behind. It's insanity.. we get back to the car and she's like "Hey, where do we go now? Wanna go get ice cream?" with a big smile on her face like nothing happened..
I just told her to screw off

Sorry, way off subject but I just got home from this mess and I thought the she-hulk comment was ironic.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:49 PM
fordbroncodave
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am on and off with the mods and upgrades. the winter i got the truck we put a different 302 in and a different AOD trans. at that time we put all new bearings, seals and gaskets in the engine.
since then not much has changed. lots of little piddly stuff that annoys the crap out of me.
this summer i had changed the AOD to a 5 speed which was about a month and a half long project (some saturdays and all sundays)
paint preperation is in progress in fall and currently what i left off on. gotta defend the minnesota water, sand and salt combo for 5 months or this thing will RUST BAD

Old 12-25-2011, 12:21 AM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well my Bronco has been an ongoing project for 5 yrs. I do see an end in sight tho lol! Wes has seen her first hand. As far as the female thing goes, my baby looks at my truck as my hobby. It also pulls anything I ask her to. Once the turbo system is built and the body work done she will be perfect.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:44 AM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Going on two years, just replaced IAC tonight.

Going to document trailer build with pictures for all of

You.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...noe-build.html

Old 12-25-2011, 08:35 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by kenpobuck
Well my Bronco has been an ongoing project for 5 yrs. I do see an end in sight tho lol! Wes has seen her first hand. As far as the female thing goes, my baby looks at my truck as my hobby. It also pulls anything I ask her to. Once the turbo system is built and the body work done she will be perfect.
Buck, I'd LOVE to have the old girl.....Friend of mine saw it in my pics on Facebook, and he says he's interested....LOL....

Hopefully we'll all getta go to the FTE meet in Lexington in May...

Old 12-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 374 Likes on 283 Posts
Hopefully we'll all getta go to the FTE meet in Lexington in May...
Dang, i just map-quested Lexington...5 hours. One of these days I'll get to some of those Bronco-palooza meetings.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

From Fresno to Lexington would take me 4 days, and $500 in gas. Then, another 4 days and $500 to get back here. Think I will pass this year.

Jim

Old 12-25-2011, 11:01 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Edgethis
Dang, i just map-quested Lexington...5 hours. One of these days I'll get to some of those Bronco-palooza meetings.
It's 2 hrs for me....lol

Btw, if Buck gets to come again, you'll getta see his 80-86 Bronco DIESEL....

If ya want, you could meet up with me, and we could drive down at the same time.....

Old 12-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 374 Likes on 283 Posts
It's 2 hrs for me....lol

Btw, if Buck gets to come again, you'll getta see his 80-86 Bronco DIESEL....

If ya want, you could meet up with me, and we could drive down at the same time.....
That'd be pretty cool. I have to check and see when it is, hopefully I don't have anywhere to be that weekend.

I need to get the Broncos trans fixed before then, too!

Old 12-25-2011, 11:21 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Edgethis
That'd be pretty cool. I have to check and see when it is, hopefully I don't have anywhere to be that weekend.

I need to get the Broncos trans fixed before then, too!
IIRC, its either the 2nd, or 3rd weekend....Saturday....It's definantly a Saturday.....Just which week is the difference...

ANd yes, we'd LOVE to see the Zebra upclose.....I take a zillion pics....so it'll be well documented....

2nd Ky meet, 3rd FTE meet.....lol

Old 12-25-2011, 10:53 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I will plan on being there. Would be nice to have my turbo set up by then. Lex is only about an hour for me so it should be a done deal.

Quick Reply: How long did your build take?