Sponsored by: Moser

2011 Lariat Limted

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 PM
evers12
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Lariat Limted

Hey all. This is a first time post for me on this site. I've always been a GM guy when it came to trucks but have recently converted to a FORD man! I've owned alot of nice trucks including Denali 1/2 tons in the recent past. I was kind of dissapointed with GM over the past few years and have had been intigued by the newer FORD models. After A LOT of research I decided to purchase a 2011 f150 lariat limited. All I can say is WOW!!! Ford hit a home run with this one. It beats the GM vehicles in literally every category. The new 6.2 is a beast! The exterior and interior is classy and flawless. Perfect combination of rugged truck and everyday usability. I'm picky with my vehicles and if I was going to design a truck this is what it would be like. Some of my favorite parts of the truck are the ride, how it sits up a few inches higher than the GM's, the unlimited technology through the Nav, the large backseat with extra legroom, the electric running boards, the center console shifter and the power! Can't tell you how pleased I am with this truck

Old 12-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Arctic Fox
Senior User
Congratulations on the new Lariat Limited. I, too have the 6.2L in a Lariat. It is a BEAST for sure. I love it. I know exactly how you're feeling right about now. However, this forum is rather anti-6.2L for some odd reason. You probably won't get much response to your thread. It's just how this forum rolls as far as any comment on the 6.2L. It's pretty much all negative here when it relates to the 6.2L (except for a few die-hard V8 fans). Try your comment on fordf150forum.com...lots of 6.2L lovers there. Again, congratulations!!!

Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Pool Runner
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the new truck, count me as jealous of the 6.2L, if I could have got the 6.2L in a SuperCab, XLT, 2wd with a 3.73 or 4.10 No leather or any of that other crap that belongs in a Mercedes I would have.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:18 AM
BMWBig6
Senior User
Welcome to the club! What's your truck's production # (on the armrest)? I just picked up a new Lariat Limited a week ago myself, and can't think of enough excuses to go out and hear that motor sing.

<- Definitely not anti-6.2!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:28 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
I know it's kind of stupid to ask, but how is the MPG with your 6.2? Considering how few miles I put on my truck a year, max power might be worth it.

Mike

Old 12-21-2011, 05:41 PM
bigunit54
Elder User
Congrats to the OP on your truck. I am glad you enjoy it. Plus you can be proud you are driving a truck that didn't harm any taxpayers to manufacture.

Originally Posted by Pool Runner
Congrats on the new truck, count me as jealous of the 6.2L, if I could have got the 6.2L in a SuperCab, XLT, 2wd with a 3.73 or 4.10 No leather or any of that other crap that belongs in a Mercedes I would have.
I don't get this post. If you want to buy a truck that is stripped down, then fine. But don't act like if a truck has leather, power everything, moonroof, etc(like mine does) that it is less of a truck some how. This is not 1990. A lot of comfort options are coming on new trucks now, and I like it. Like I said, doesn't make it less of a truck in any kind of way. If you want to buy a stripped down truck then fine, but don't insult the trucks that have all the bells and whistles as being "less tough" than the ones that don't. That's absurd.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by evers12
Hey all. This is a first time post for me on this site. I've always been a GM guy when it came to trucks but have recently converted to a FORD man! I've owned alot of nice trucks including Denali 1/2 tons in the recent past. I was kind of dissapointed with GM over the past few years and have had been intigued by the newer FORD models. After A LOT of research I decided to purchase a 2011 f150 lariat limited. All I can say is WOW!!! Ford hit a home run with this one. It beats the GM vehicles in literally every category. The new 6.2 is a beast! The exterior and interior is classy and flawless. Perfect combination of rugged truck and everyday usability. I'm picky with my vehicles and if I was going to design a truck this is what it would be like. Some of my favorite parts of the truck are the ride, how it sits up a few inches higher than the GM's, the unlimited technology through the Nav, the large backseat with extra legroom, the electric running boards, the center console shifter and the power! Can't tell you how pleased I am with this truck

Congrats and welcome! I know you're going to love your new rig.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Pool Runner
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bigunit54
Congrats to the OP on your truck. I am glad you enjoy it. Plus you can be proud you are driving a truck that didn't harm any taxpayers to manufacture.

I don't get this post. If you want to buy a truck that is stripped down, then fine. But don't act like if a truck has leather, power everything, moonroof, etc(like mine does) that it is less of a truck some how. This is not 1990. A lot of comfort options are coming on new trucks now, and I like it. Like I said, doesn't make it less of a truck in any kind of way. If you want to buy a stripped down truck then fine, but don't insult the trucks that have all the bells and whistles as being "less tough" than the ones that don't. That's absurd.
I should have been clearer and I apologize, I did not mean to come across as if I were insulting your truck. In fact I actually said I was “jealous” and my comment was more or less directed at Ford for making the 6.2 option only available to the “Luxury-Pick up market” and not to those of us who use our trucks as work trucks.
Second of all, you make a point in your post assuming that all I want is a stripped truck. If that were the case I would have bought a loss leader, XL, standard cab, 3.7L V6, with vinyl seats and AM/FM radio. The truck in my sig is almost “Too nice” for a work truck IMO and I told the salesman that when I first saw it. It’s an ’11 XLT-Chrome & tow pkg, limited-slip, Sync, running boards, 5.0L had a $36K window sticker got it for $26K though etc… Not sure where you come from but that is far from a stripped truck in my neck of the woods.
I also don’t think it’s unreasonable of Ford to offer the 6.2L in the XLT package, or even the FX4 &2 pkg as well. Some of us don’t want a shifter on the console like you find in a sedan, or the fancy leather & wood trim in the cab. Not knocking it, just saying it’s not my taste and I don’t want to pay for all of that and shouldn’t have to just to get the largest offered motor available.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:38 PM
lightninquick
Senior User
that big 6.2 motor with those giant valved heads is a fire breather forsure! i think the aftermarket products will be rolling in on these trucks soon and we will see some outragous performance out of the big mill

Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 PM
bigunit54
Elder User
Originally Posted by Pool Runner
I should have been clearer and I apologize, I did not mean to come across as if I were insulting your truck. In fact I actually said I was “jealous” and my comment was more or less directed at Ford for making the 6.2 option only available to the “Luxury-Pick up market” and not to those of us who use our trucks as work trucks.
Second of all, you make a point in your post assuming that all I want is a stripped truck. If that were the case I would have bought a loss leader, XL, standard cab, 3.7L V6, with vinyl seats and AM/FM radio. The truck in my sig is almost “Too nice” for a work truck IMO and I told the salesman that when I first saw it. It’s an ’11 XLT-Chrome & tow pkg, limited-slip, Sync, running boards, 5.0L had a $36K window sticker got it for $26K though etc… Not sure where you come from but that is far from a stripped truck in my neck of the woods.
I also don’t think it’s unreasonable of Ford to offer the 6.2L in the XLT package, or even the FX4 &2 pkg as well. Some of us don’t want a shifter on the console like you find in a sedan, or the fancy leather & wood trim in the cab. Not knocking it, just saying it’s not my taste and I don’t want to pay for all of that and shouldn’t have to just to get the largest offered motor available.
Hey, no hard feelings. I totally understand where you are coming from. I guess I misinterpreted your post. I did think that your truck in the sig was actually pretty fancy and not stripped down, but I guess I misread your post and thought that you preferred a stripped down truck and thought loaded up trucks were like mercedes cars. I do agree that you should be able to get the top of the line motor in the lower trim levels if you want. I think part of Ford's trying to save money and streamline everything though is that they are trying to make the building process as simple as they can, that is why they cut way back on interior and exterior color choices and all that.
But hey to sum up, I understand completely where you are coming from. Sorry if I came off as an a$$. I agree with you completely, there is no acounting for taste and one guys idea of the perfectly trimmed truck is always different from the next, and that's a good thing. Good night to you sir!

Old 12-21-2011, 11:59 PM
michael cook
Junior User
2011 lariat

Hey I like my stripped down v6 standard cab plain jane truck perfect commuter and will haul what I need !!!!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 AM
bigunit54
Elder User
"Hey I like my stripped down v6 standard cab plain jane truck perfect commuter and will haul what I need !!!!"

If it fits your wants and your needs then good!!!!!! I got nothing against a truck that doesn't have bells and whistles. Nothing at all. If you read my posts I think you will see that is what I was saying. What bothers me though is when people think that a truck with leather and all the options is somehow less of a truck. It still has the same capabilities, just more options. But like I said, I am not "hating" on "stripped down" trucks, I've ridden in plenty. I am from a farm background and have driven many trucks with vinyl seats and a rubber floor. I have driven countless grain trucks with holes in the floor boards. So I am glad you like your truck, I am sure I would like it too.

Last edited by bigunit54; 12-22-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: to include quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 AM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations and welcome FTE.

By the way:

Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 PM
laketrout
Senior User
Congrats....I'm jealous of the 6.2 also, and I have the ecoboost. I wanted the 6.2 in an FX4, no dice. Could have stepped up to the Lariat but the price increase was substantial, so I get what Pool Runner is saying. It's not that the higher lux trucks aren't used as trucks, some of us just want simpler/cheaper trucks but still want the 6.2 beast.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:12 PM
olbear
New User
Congrats on the new truck, I too would have preferred the 6.2L, the 5.4 is OK, would rather have more HP and torque. Maybe my next truck?

Quick Reply: 2011 Lariat Limted