CARB approves low carbon fuel standard; businesses worry

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
CARB approves low carbon fuel standard; businesses worry

The People's Republic strikes again...Notice this quote:

“Truckers from out-of-state will easily and legally avoid this fiasco by purchasing their diesel outside of California,” Rajkovacz said. “Thus, CARB will have created yet another unintended consequence by effectively killing off significant sales for California’s truck stop industry.”

Before voting on the fuel standard amendments, one CARB board member said other states would have to enact their own similar standards in order for the system to work.

“It can’t be just a California program,” said Daniel Sperling, CARB board member. “It won’t be enough.”

Thank you CARB...More business for the Silver State!

Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
The short-sightedness of our Republik's management never ceases to disappoint me.

I've just come to expect a complete lack of visibility of the Big Picture.

Will not be spending my retirement in the "Golden State"

Golden. That's a joke, son......

Pop

Old 12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 783 Likes on 595 Posts
Where do these guys think that fuel energy comes from? Nitrogen?
It's going to take a certain number of carbon molecules to drive a vehicle down the road.
To dilute that formula just required the engine to burn more fuel to generate the same amount of energy required to move said vehicle.
No I didn't read the article, just voicing what came to mind when I saw the title.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
The short-sightedness of our Republik's management never ceases to disappoint me.

I've just come to expect a complete lack of visibility of the Big Picture.

Will not be spending my retirement in the "Golden State"

Golden. That's a joke, son......

Pop
I'm with you Pop...If I had stayed in California when I retired, I would have had to work FIVE more years to have the same net retirement I do by living in Nevada (due to state income tax in California). Those jokers running the state seem to think that people have no choice but to take "their quest for nirvana". This same environment is prompting businesses to move out too!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
so they pass this crap and fuel in Arizona, Nevada and Oregon goes sky high because they know they will sell more fuel.
just nice we increase the un employment in kalifornia while increasing the economic burden on the citizens of 3 neighboring states.
Can't we just make the Communist republik of kalifornia their own nation and be done with it?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:28 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by helifixer
so they pass this crap and fuel in Arizona, Nevada and Oregon goes sky high because they know they will sell more fuel.
just nice we increase the un employment in kalifornia while increasing the economic burden on the citizens of 3 neighboring states.
Can't we just make the Communist republik of kalifornia their own nation and be done with it?
I drive all over the west and I haven't seen fuel (on average) as high as it is in California. No burden on us in Nevada, come on over and buy your fuel here ! I have no problem with letting California go solo, but I bet Californians don't feel that way unless/until their bankrupt state debt is nationalized.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:13 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
Originally Posted by nlemerise
I drive all over the west and I haven't seen fuel (on average) as high as it is in California. No burden on us in Nevada, come on over and buy your fuel here ! I have no problem with letting California go solo, but I bet Californians don't feel that way unless/until their bankrupt state debt is nationalized.
I am in Arizona. I am just dreading the price hikes when the local stations figure out that drivers will top off before going in to kalifornia.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:27 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I feel sorry for the poor truck driver who gets hung up in traffic and due to inexperience or his route ends up needing fuel in Kalifornia after the truck stops have all closed down or converted to regular gas stations.

If/when he does find diesel, it will likely be months old, filled with emulsifiers and water that don't play nice with all the new emissions and fuel injection systems, and it will likely be some corner store that is almost physically impossible to fill up at in a big truck.

On a side note, who makes class 6 trucks or above with a gas motor and sells them in KA? Might be a stock worth considering for all the local deliveries that will be forced to do something.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 126 Posts
Neal, I guess I will just see you at the Sinclair.