1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

89' Ranger Out of Commission Forever?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:40 PM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
I'm not seeing anything about the fuel filter(s) being replaced.

Josh
I'll make the suggestion and see what he thinks. That's a good idea because the symptoms sure seem like some kind of clog, misfire or bad connection. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:39 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AmandaTexasRanger
I'll make the suggestion and see what he thinks. That's a good idea because the symptoms sure seem like some kind of clog, misfire or bad connection. Thanks!
I thought you said that the mechanic wiggled the plug or harness and it made the engine mess up. If so than that is where the problem is. I have a 1990 as my daily driver. it has the 2.9 with an auto. If this has the same setup as yours than I can use mine for a pattern and make you up one. This is an easy thing for me to do. It would just be time consuming. Can you post a pic of the connector you need? Than I will know if I have one the same. I have an 86, 87, 88 and a 90 to work from.

Arctic

Old 12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Originally Posted by arctic y block
I thought you said that the mechanic wiggled the plug or harness and it made the engine mess up. If so than that is where the problem is. I have a 1990 as my daily driver. it has the 2.9 with an auto. If this has the same setup as yours than I can use mine for a pattern and make you up one. This is an easy thing for me to do. It would just be time consuming. Can you post a pic of the connector you need? Than I will know if I have one the same. I have an 86, 87, 88 and a 90 to work from.

Arctic
I'll take the picture as soon as I can, not until after the holidays most likely. He did wiggle it and get it to die. I suppose I'm just hoping that it turns out to be something more simple than we all thought. Ya know?

Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Ya I know. Best of the Holidays to ya Bud.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Phinxter
Posting Guru
I'd rather replace a pigtail then have to deal with stinkin gasoline anyday.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 AM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Ya I know. Best of the Holidays to ya Bud.
Thanks! And to you as well!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Originally Posted by Phinxter
go to rockauto.com. I found Igntion control module pigtails there, not many left.
More Information for AIRTEX / WELLS 1P1116
YES! That was the correct part! I ordered it, which is super exciting. It's the connector for the top of the module and unfortunately we need the top and bottom. Figures right? One down one to go! He had checked rockauto.com but didn't know that you could find more than hard parts so he didn't find it so thanks for the tip!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:19 AM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Originally Posted by 19704X4F250
Send me some pics of what you need. I just scrapped out a 90 ranger with a 4.0 and I may have the pig tails you need.
Got the pictures! He said that being the 4.0 with a v6 engine it won't be compatible because the v6 only had one module and the 2.3 has two. Right year but wrong engine! Darn it! Thanks though!

P.S. Just in case it does end up looking the same let me know .

Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Well, I thought I would be able to figure out how to upload the pictures of the parts I need to the thread but I caaaaaan't. SO. Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - AmandaTexasRanger's Album: 89' Ranger - IG MOD CONNECTORS Here is a link (I hope) to the album I created for it. I'm going to try to post the pictures in a sec and it might be a bunch of mumbo jumbo so if that's the case please ignore it. Oh yeah, also for some reason whenever I try to look at one of picture in full size and ad for Ford pops up and I can't figure out how to close it in order to see the pic so hopefully that doesn't happen to ya'll.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:47 AM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
This is the part that I still need. The connector that comes from the bottom of the module.

A view of the side. Bottom connector.

The connector for the top of the module that Phinxter found on rockauto.com that I ordered! Thanks!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Originally Posted by AmandaTexasRanger
This is the part that I still need. The connector that comes from the bottom of the module.

A view of the side. Bottom connector.

The connector for the top of the module that Phinxter found on rockauto.com that I ordered! Thanks!
Dang it. I don't know how to do it. Or, I did it right and the links I used were bad or something.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Hope this helps

If ya load your pics as instructed below you can than put them into your post full size. As for getting rid of the ads become a subscriber. OR block them with your browser. I use Firefox and like it very well. I don't even have the list of text ads at the top of the page anymore. Just a full page of FTE.

To get your pics on here just now I copied them to my hard drive than used the manage attachment option. But I think that option is also only if you buy a subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Attached Images    
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 PM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
So does that mean that if I'm not logged in ya'll can't see the pics in my album? Or are those uploaded to the web? I've never been a member of a forum before! Is it obvious??

Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
I thought Newbs needed at least 25 posts to post pics in a thread... maybe not, but sounds familiar to me.

Josh

Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 PM
AmandaTexasRanger
New User
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
I thought Newbs needed at least 25 posts to post pics in a thread... maybe not, but sounds familiar to me.

Josh
Guess I need to get posting then!

Quick Reply: 89' Ranger Out of Commission Forever?